Detailed Roleplayers discussion

1x1 > Emma and Evan

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments Hi :) So what was the specifics of your idea for the plot?

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Well I have a couple so I'll type those all up and you can choose?

message 3: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments Sounds good

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments 1. Things are supposedly peaceful. Mages make up a fifth of the population in the Kingdom of _______. Each magician specializes in a particular power, and no two are the same. There's a school set up in the mountains for all of the young mages to train and learn about the world. When another kingdom attacked, it was the only place that survived. All of the people were killed or forced to swear loyalty to a new king. But there was hope--the mages were underground, and preparing to fight back.

This plot is based around a rebellion, and characters will likely have to die. This plot works for doubles or singles.

2. In the kingdom/realm of _______, three species manage to coexist. Humans, faeries, and elves all live together in "peace". There is no war, but there is also no trust. The elves and fae used to be at war, and their long lifespans make for long grudges. They both look down upon the humans, and humans fear both species. When dead bodies start to show up from each species, will a group of characters be able to find the culprit before the three races destroy each other?

Our characters are the group of characters, varied in species. This plot works better for doubles/more characters. Again, possible character deaths.

3. This one is the most open for discussion, it involves a group of characters on a quest for something, and will follow their journey and troubles they face. We could do anything with this one :3

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments (These are all kind of basic summaries, and I can go more in detail about all of them)

message 6: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments I like idea #2

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments So do I it's my fave :D

message 8: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments Great :)

So, we should probably do some planning and flesh out the idea/plot before we make characters or start rping. Are there any other details you had come up with for it?

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Yeah, I've got a few, but I didn't want to dictate too much of the plot or take too much time writing it out :)

message 10: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments Just to clarify, do you not want to plan out the plot much in advance?

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments No I do I was just stalling to get off my phone--I have my laptop now, I was just hoping to plan out the plot not just me, but with both of us.

Anyways, my thoughts on number two.

I was thinking that the three species would be in the same sort of chunk of land--they'd all be separate, but live so closely together that they kind of needed to interact with each other. Then, a series of murders start happening, and someone from each of the species is killed. As they don't like or trust each other, the three races don't talk about what has happened, and instead start blaming everyone else instead. A group of characters (4-6), all think that it's unlikely the races want war with each other, and end up banding together to figure out who is killing people. This, of course, puts them at risk, both from the different kingdoms/species, and from the killer.

So, in that, we could have forbidden-type romances, or just some unlikely friendships. I was thinking each of these people or group(s) of two would have set out on their own to try and solve it (maybe they're the more open-minded youth?), and would end up bumping into each other and somewhat distrustfully banding together.

message 12: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments Okay. And I definitely intend to help you plan :) I just wasn't sure earlier what you meant by your last post

That sounds really great. It might make sense that each group has different information involving the killings, which would give them a reason to actually all band together.

Also, what should the reason behind the killings be? My thought is that someone is hoping to drive the different species to war, letting them destroy each other and then assuming power in the aftermath. Do you have any thoughts?

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments I think that sounds good--someone power hungry could use all of the strong people to destroy each other, and then step in as the perfect leader to fix everything and bring peace--everyone would love them, and no one would know what they had done.

Which would make said person extra anxious to destroy anyone who might get in his way.

And sorry, I was trying to do a bunch of things at once, so I probably wasn't making much sense.

As for our characters, I think it would be good for each of them to have separate skills...would you prefer 2 or 3 characters each, and do you want to incorporate romance?

message 14: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments Sounds great

It's totally fine.

I think three characters each would be cool, and I'm totally fine with incorporating romance. It might make sense to plan our characters out a bit before we actually make them, just so we can figure out what caused each of the small groups of characters to start looking into this in the first place.

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Yeah, that sounds good :) Three characters each gives us room to each have on of the species too, unless you want to switch that up?

message 16: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments One of each species for each of us is fine with me

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Okay, and how would you like to split the genders?

message 18: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments I honestly have no preference about the genders of my characters, so any way is fine with me

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Okay, would you want (for the plot's sake) an even number of guys and girls, or a skew on it?

message 20: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments I don't really mind either way, but why don't we just have an even split between guys and girls, since it's simplest?

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Okay...the best way to do that semi-fairly is one person has 2 guys and a girl, and the other has 2 girls and a guy.

message 22: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments That's fine with me. Do you have any preference whether you have more guys or girls?

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments I would prefer more girls, if that's okay with you?

message 24: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments That's totally fine :)

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Alright :) do you want to have siblings or cousins or families that hate each other; stuff like that? Or should they all kind of be strangers?

message 26: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments I think having some sort of connection between different characters could be interesting. It would probably make sense if the majority of them didn't know each other (like the ones that are different species and at first independently investigating the killings), but having the characters of the same species that are originally working together know each other in some way or another (family, friends, etc.) is fine with me.

message 27: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Alright, sounds good to me (that's what I was thinking) what kinds of relations would you be interested in?

message 28: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments Basically anything's cool with me. The obvious options are things like siblings and cousins, or we could do some sort of ward situation where one character had to be taken in by the other's family at some point for whatever reason. Or we could have some of them know each other without being related.

message 29: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Oh, I like the ward situation :) did you want any of these characters to be special (knights, nobility, assassins, etc.) or more just common people?

message 30: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments Alright, cool :)

How about a mixture?

message 31: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments okay :)

Which species would you like to do a ward situation with?

message 32: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Also, how detailed do you normally make your characters?

message 33: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments Oops, sorry, I never saw a notification that you had responded earlier.

How about the humans?

It really depends. Longer, more detailed characters help me organize my thoughts, but I'm fine with simpler character formats if that's what you'd like to do.

message 34: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments I'm good with either--maybe medium length so it doesn't take me forever?

And I'm good with doing the ward thing with the humans, that works for me :)

Other than characters, is there anything else we need to plan out?

message 35: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments Sounds good to me.

Not that I can think of

message 36: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Alright cool, so maybe we can just get an idea for who all our characters are and then make them?

We've got the two humans as a ward situation--did you have any details in mind about that? And then there's the fae and elves, which we haven't planned.

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments Did you miss another notification or do you not want to do this rp anymore? I've been trying to figure out which ones are still happening.

message 38: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 113 comments Sorry, honestly I haven't replied because I've lost interest in rping fantasy and I felt bad about it since I agreed to rp with you. Again, sorry.

message 39: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1951 comments No problem, I just wanted to know. Thanks :)