Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

Rubbernecker
This topic is about Rubbernecker
Book Club Selection > Spoiler Discussion (February 2015) - Rubbernecker by Belinda Bauer

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

David Gooch | 3958 comments Mod
******* THIS THREAD MAY GIVE INFORMATION AWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T READ OR FINISHED THE BOOK ******

This is a spoiler thread for the February Book Group Read
Rubbernecker by Belinda Bauer

Post in here if you wish to comment on the book and discuss details that may spoil or give away important or pertinent details for those who haven't read or finished the book yet.

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 558 comments I just finished Rubbernecker and really enjoyed it. I liked how the story lines, Patrick and Samuel and Patrick's parents were all intertwined. I have read other books about Asperger or autism spectrum characters and tend to find the point of view intriguing, although I don't know how accurate the perspective is. This book also reminded me somewhat of Iain Banks, The Wasp Factory, but not as dark. I really felt the relationship between Patrick and his mother and his father's resulting death, as the driving force of the story was particularly well done.

David Gooch | 3958 comments Mod
I like you Fanficfan enjoyed the book.
I read the The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time which is about an Aspergers youngster but while it was ok it was nowhere near as good or enjoyable as this.
Once you got to the second part where he is dissecting with the others it really picks up and I loved the way she (the author) did the way he responded so litterally to everything it made the book amusing as well as good.