Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > January 2015

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Post your favorite books read in January 2015 below.

message 2: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Mine are Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby The Forgotten Ones (Lorien Legacies The Lost Files, #6) by Pittacus Lore Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #1) by Anne Blankman Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #2) by Anne Blankman

message 3: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (last edited Feb 01, 2015 04:19PM) (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments This month was bleh. :( I read 9 books and only had 2 good books!

4-star: Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks) by Miranda Kenneally

5-star: Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

message 4: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Still better than me. I read 8 books lol

message 5: by Jay (last edited Feb 02, 2015 11:24AM) (new)

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Still better than me. I read 8 books lol"

lol! I guess you were really busy! Usually you read way more than me.

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "lol! I guess you were really busy! Usually you read way more than me."

The combination of Lazy and Busy :) By the time I got home, I didn't want to do anything else besides watching some shows. I guess I'll cut down on that this month :) Hopefully I'll read pass 10 books this time :D

message 8: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Ah, I know that feeling! You got this! I am hoping for February to be a great reading month both quantity and quality wise.

message 9: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (teresitac78) | 340 comments I read 14 books and gave 8 of them 5 stars:
Sold by Patricia McCormick Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher Mare's War by Tanita S. Davis Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch The Rules of Survival by Nancy Werlin Unbroken A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2) by Pittacus Lore Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
It was a very good reading month for me. I don't think I will keep up this pace as I get busier.

message 10: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Great job, Theresa! I loved Snow Like Ashes as well :D one of the best books I read last year :)

message 11: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi

:)

message 12: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments Mine are Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover Dark Places by Gillian Flynn Never Never (Never Never, #1) by Colleen Hoover Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Krista wrote: "Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi

:)"

Glad you liked it. I plan to continue this series as well. :D

message 14: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Allison wrote: "Mine are Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen HooverDark Places by Gillian FlynnNever Never (Never Never, #1) by Colleen HooverFrostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead"

Colleen Hoover is the best! I just finished Never Never the other day :) Can't wait to read part 2.

message 15: by Miley (new)

Miley (mileyrowling) | 78 comments An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

I really enjoyed this one!

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1737 comments This month's 5 stars were

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1) by Michael Scott Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling The Jewel (The Lone City, #1) by Amy Ewing

I only read 8 books this month, and I loved six of them, so I guess quality-wise it was great! Hopefully in February I'll read more :)

message 17: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Krista wrote: "Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi

:)"

Glad you liked it. I plan to continue this series as well. :D"

Thanks
I loved this series!

message 18: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments Sarah wrote: "This month's 5 stars were

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. RowlingThe Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1) by Michael ScottEvermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel[bookcover:Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children|9..."

I recently read the Jewel and thought it was pretty good.

message 19: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited Feb 08, 2015 08:52AM) (new)

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments I wasn't so lucky with books in January, read 14 (not counting novellas and comics) and only 4 were really good:

Reborn (Altered, #3) by Jennifer Rush The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks Collide (Blackcreek, #1) by Riley Hart Stay (Blackcreek, #2) by Riley Hart

and as for February... it's already 8th, I was sick this whole week, haven't read anything, still reading Let the Right One In and Me Before You, hopefully I'll finish those soon and get back to more reading. I really hope that I will have more luck with books this month!

message 20: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Best of luck, Mio.

message 21: by Miodrag ★❥ (new)

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Best of luck, Mio."

message 22: by Ashleigh (last edited Feb 09, 2015 08:17PM) (new)

Ashleigh (ashleighbailey) | 74 comments My 4 star books that I read in Jan 2015

The Great Zoo of China by Matthew Reilly Unravel by Calia Read Bird Box by Josh Malerman Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

I read 6 books this month and I really liked 4 of them. Now I am in a reading slump. Only one my 1st book for Feb.

message 23: by Daisey (new)

Daisey Sometimes I feel like I get stuck in a reading routine, but I'm pretty happy with the variety in my favorite books from January.

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare
I love Cassandra Clare's books and finally got around to reading the last one in this series.

Guts & Glory The American Civil War by Ben Thompson
One of my middle school students asked me to read this one, and I found it very entertaining and full of interesting information.

Manga Classics Pride & Prejudice by Stacy King
I've been trying to read a few more graphic novels and thought this retelling was fantastic.

message 24: by Vicki (last edited Mar 11, 2015 12:05AM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I got lucky and had a few 5-stars

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder Bright Side (Bright Side, #1) by Kim Holden Puddle Jumping by Amber L. Johnson All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

The 4-star books that were my best 4-stars

Better Than Perfect (Wild Cards, #1) by Simone Elkeles No Place to Fall by Jaye Robin Brown Reborn (Altered, #3) by Jennifer Rush The Irish Princess by Karen Harper