2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2015 > Adele's 60 Books Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

My 60 books this year :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 02, 2015 10:29AM) (new)

Book 1

Since You've Been Gone

‘Since You’ve Been Gone’ is an extremely heart-warming story, which follows the Summer of a teenager named Emily who’s best friend, Sloane, disappears without a trace.

All that remains of Sloane and her family is a bucket list. Some tasks are fairly simple (such as to ‘hug a Jamie’), but things get more awkward when she’s told she has to go skinny dipping!

Not only did this book inspire me to run (yes, I actually put down my book and went for a run), but it also reminds you of the importance of friendship and honesty and I don’t think its possible to recommend this book enough.

Its a very easy read, no challenging themes and as I’ve said, extremely heart-warming.

If you ever feel a bit down, or just want to escape reality for a while, this book’s for you. Morgan Matson’s writing style is extremely addictive, and continues to pull you into her world.

I am personally very glad that this was my first book of 2015!

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 02, 2015 10:31AM) (new)

Books 2-7

The Mortal Instruments, the Complete Collection: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass; City of Fallen Angels; City of Lost Souls; City of Heavenly Fire

I decided I’d review these books together, as it could quite possibly save a lot of boredom from readers and me constantly repeating myself.

Now, let me start off by saying that these books will make you laugh, cry, throw your book across the room (unless you’re like me and would never throw a book!) and did I mention cry?

You’re completely involved in Clary Fray’s story from the first book, ‘City of Bones’ (which I read last year) thanks to Cassandra Clare’s amazing talent!

You fall in love with some characters *cough* Jace *cough* and despise others entirely. You end up becoming a part of the series, being there with them as they train, battle Demons and form unlikely alliances with Downworlders (which are Werewolves, Faeries, Warlocks and Vampires).

Many people pass these books off as ‘teenagers books’ and only for young people, but that’s not the case. The story is gripping enough to captivate the attention of people of any age! Just ask my aunty, uncle, grandfather and grandmother who’ve asked to borrow the books!

Overall, I highly recommend this series. It’s by far the best Young Adult series I have read as of February 2015.

There are also prequels, which are:

Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince
Clockwork Princess

There’s also the spin off:

The Bane Chronicles

All of which I have no doubt are worth a read!

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 12, 2015 01:35PM) (new)

Book 8- 'Looking For Alaska' -John Green

message 5: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Welcome to the group, Adele! Good luck with your challenge.

What did you think of the series by Cassandra Clare? I read City of Bones last year, but I wasn't sure if the rest of the series was worth reading.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 02, 2015 10:27AM) (new)

Cassandra wrote: "Welcome to the group, Adele! Good luck with your challenge.

What did you think of the series by Cassandra Clare? I read City of Bones last year, but I wasn't sure if ..."

Thank you! I honestly adore the entire series! It completely gripped me from start to finish. I can't explain my love for it enough! I highly recommend it. However, it's rather similar to other popular Young Adult books at the moment (though this is my favourite series). It's very typical :)

message 7: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments I thought the first one was a pretty entertaining and fast read, so if the series is more of the same, I may end up reading it just for fun.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassandra wrote: "I thought the first one was a pretty entertaining and fast read, so if the series is more of the same, I may end up reading it just for fun."

It definitely is, they're pretty quick to read