#AYEARATHON discussion

97 views
February 2015 - Diversity > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 1 & 2

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2018 comments Mod
Hows Your Reading Going?


message 2: by Kerri (last edited Feb 01, 2015 03:35PM) (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Hello all! I am tanned, cultured, and back in the USofA! Thank you Katie for covering for me as I explored Mexico, but I am back and ready for some reading! How's your reading going? Anyone started early? Americans, are we watching the Superbowl tonight? Seahawks or Patriots? Or are you ignoring sports and sitting by the food whilst reading? Update us here on the threads and on social media using the hashtag #ayearathon! xoxo


message 3: by Jayne (new)

Jayne (janujennifer) | 18 comments Hello! It's 10ish in the morning of Monday here in the Philippines... I started a little early on my reading (because I cannot start at midnight, so I just read before sleeping) and I am currently halfway through my first book, "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins.


message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Noel (wherestephaniereads) | 39 comments Hey i started reading my first book called Saxon, Vikings, and Celts. Im going to for alittle bit before i sleep.


message 5: by Hazuki (new)

Hazuki (hazuki_lc) | 59 comments I'm about a quarter of the way through Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli and it's only half 8! :)


message 6: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Flores (disneywitch22) Just read the first chapter in Cinder in the first hour of the read a thon


message 7: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (neonnikkireads) In Australia, it's already 8:30pm and today I managed to finish my first book, Deadly Unna by Phillip Gwynne today. I'm pretty surprised because I had a full day of work, but the voice is really easy to read. Now onto the sequel!


message 8: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments So I live in NY right now and they canceled school today which means more time for me to read so my goal is to get through Cemetery Tours by Jacqueline E. Smith and Dark Places by Gillian Flynn today.


message 9: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Jenn wrote: "Hello! It's 10ish in the morning of Monday here in the Philippines... I started a little early on my reading (because I cannot start at midnight, so I just read before sleeping) and I am currently ..."

Ooh, I've never heard of that one! Is it good?


message 10: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Stephanie wrote: "Hey i started reading my first book called Saxon, Vikings, and Celts. Im going to for alittle bit before i sleep."

Way to get a head start! Have a great Monday, and good luck reading! :)


message 11: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Hazuki wrote: "I'm about a quarter of the way through Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli and it's only half 8! :)"

Dang, that is some great progress! I read Stargirl way back in elementary/middle school and really enjoyed it! What do you think?


message 12: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Brianna wrote: "Just read the first chapter in Cinder in the first hour of the read a thon"

Ahhhh Cinder is one of my personal favorites! I hope you enjoy! If you happen to get your hands on Scarlet as well, that one is my favorite of the series :) Best of luck!


message 13: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Nicola wrote: "In Australia, it's already 8:30pm and today I managed to finish my first book, Deadly Unna by Phillip Gwynne today. I'm pretty surprised because I had a full day of work, but the voice is really ea..."

Claps for you!! Work and reading is difficult, but congrats on finishing an entire book! Hope you enjoy the rest of your reads!


message 14: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Lucy wrote: "I'm just starting "If I Stay" which I know isn't very diverse but I just bought it and had to add it on to my tbr"

You don't always necessarily have to follow the readathon themes! We're very "read what you want if you want" around here. If I Stay is a great read IMO, so I hope you enjoy it!


message 15: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Lizzy wrote: "So I live in NY right now and they canceled school today which means more time for me to read so my goal is to get through Cemetery Tours by Jacqueline E. Smith and Dark Places by Gillian Flynn today."

Wow, I love snow days! I also have family up north (not NY but NE in general), so I know y'all are getting hit hard. Stay warm and safe! :)


message 16: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Rudnick (sherrisue76) | 15 comments Starting the Help by Kathryn Socket. Had some others lined up but can't remember what they where.


message 17: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Rudnick (sherrisue76) | 15 comments Starting the Help by Kathryn Socket. Had some others lined up but can't remember what they where.


Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) I started Black & White last night (Sunday) and read about 85 pages. I probably won't have much time for reading tonight because one of my colleagues is having a dinner party.


message 19: by Hazuki (new)

Hazuki (hazuki_lc) | 59 comments Kerri wrote: "Hazuki wrote: "I'm about a quarter of the way through Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli and it's only half 8! :)"

Dang, that is some great progress! I read Stargirl way back in elementary/middle school a..."


Well it's a reread because I want to read the sequel and I finished it today and almost halfway through Love Stargirl. I found it interesting and Stargirl reminds me of Mina from Skellig :P


message 20: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Rudnick (sherrisue76) | 15 comments I'm on chapter six of The Help. Seems good so far.


message 21: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Noel (wherestephaniereads) | 39 comments I am on chapter four of saxons, vikings, and celts.


message 22: by Alice (new)

Alice (girlofyarn) | 0 comments Soooooo much snow here in Boston right now!! I finished the last few pages of Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt. Chris Hedges and Joe Sacco paint an incredibly human picture of the effects of corporate greed on the rest of us in the United States. It was seriously eye-opening to read about these marginalized groups.

Now I'm on to The Kite Runner but I keep taking breaks to look out the windows because the snow is insane. Pretty but insane.


message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I started and finished Viral Nation (Viral Nation, #1) by Shaunta Grimes which was the book I had planned for this month. Going to keep on Reading my planned books, if it turns out any of the other books I rad thisweek are divrse too, then I will add them to the list.
btw really recomend the book.


message 24: by Amanda (new)

Amanda First day(night) and I already finished the book I wanted to read. Defying Conventions was such a cute(and a short) read that I feel like my soul just sucked in some love from that book and got more fluffier.


message 25: by Ana Luisa (last edited Feb 02, 2015 05:40PM) (new)

Ana Luisa (analureads) Day 1: So today I think I started off the readathon very well, since I started and finished the poetry book A Thousand Mornings (96 pages) and read 80 pages of The Dinner by Herman Koch.
Day 1 page count: 176 pages
Total page count: 176 pages
Books finished: A Thousand Mornings by Mary Oliver


message 26: by Maris (new)

Maris | 8 comments Just finished The Color Purple. Absolutely amazing, words can't even describe how it made me feel! Can't wait to re-read this one. For my second book I'll be reading The Kite Runner.


message 27: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne I didn't do so good today...was at my mom's for most of the day, but I was able to read 104 pages in The Help by Kathryn Stockett ...hopefully I will be able to get much more read tomorrow


Day 1 page count: 104
Total page count: 104


message 28: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairescragglepine) | 63 comments I just finished Unbearable Lightness. Read the last 145 pages of it today. Really good book!


message 29: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Flores (disneywitch22) I know I didn't add it in my TBR but I just finished the last 158 pages in Sapphire Blue By Kerstin Gier. It's the second book in the Ruby Red trilogy and I'm really loving the series. I'm including for Diversity because this series was originally published as German. I also am in the first 30 pages of Cinder by Marissa Meyer and I can't wait to get into this book :)

Day 1: 188pgs


message 30: by Xaviera (new)

Xaviera Olavarría (lovexav) | 5 comments It's 4:35 A.M. here in Chile and i've just finished "To all the boys i've loved before", i got a bit caught up on the story and gave up on my sleeping hours (Hope i don't regret it tomorrow), I also finishes Anya's Ghost during the day !!

So far so good ! :))


message 31: by Heidi (last edited Feb 03, 2015 12:52AM) (new)

Heidi (heididrie) | 18 comments I'm half way trough Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz and it's tueday morning (almost 10 o' clock) here in Belgium.
Things arent going so fast, but life always gets in the way of reading...
Day 1: 182 pgs


message 32: by Jayne (new)

Jayne (janujennifer) | 18 comments Kerri wrote: "Jenn wrote: "Hello! It's 10ish in the morning of Monday here in the Philippines... I started a little early on my reading (because I cannot start at midnight, so I just read before sleeping) and I ..."

It is, yes!


message 33: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Hey y'all! Well, it's the top of day two (EST at least!) :) How has your reading been? Day 1 meet your expectations? Is the theme putting you out of your comfort zone? Finished anything? Let us know, and a reminder to use #ayearathon on all social media platforms (you can also follow us on twitter and instagram now!!) Have a wonderful day! xoxo


message 34: by Hazuki (new)

Hazuki (hazuki_lc) | 59 comments Well on day 2, I've read both Stargirl books and I'm now half way through The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. I'm planning to read Wonder after that then probably the Silence books by Natasha Preston... :)


message 35: by Jeshika (new)

Jeshika Paperdoll (jeshikapaperdoll) Not quite the end of day 2 yet but I've managed to finish all of Popular Hits of the Showa Era by Ryu Murakami - which was just pure Japanese insanity in book form - and am now just over 100 pages into Wonder by R J Palacio, which I'm really enjoying and seems to be a super fast read. :D


message 36: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin 3/4 of my way through To All The Boys I've Loved Before - hope to finish it today!


message 37: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Sherri (Passionate Book Lover) wrote: "Starting the Help by Kathryn Socket. Had some others lined up but can't remember what they where. "

Well I hope that you enjoy The Help, it's a great story!


message 38: by Kerri (last edited Feb 03, 2015 12:06PM) (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Amber wrote: "I started Black & White last night (Sunday) and read about 85 pages. I probably won't have much time for reading tonight because one of my colleagues is having a dinner party."

Well, as I always say, some progress is better than no progress!


message 39: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Sherri (Passionate Book Lover) wrote: "I'm on chapter six of The Help. Seems good so far."

So glad you're enjoying it!


message 40: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Alice wrote: "Soooooo much snow here in Boston right now!! I finished the last few pages of Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt. Chris Hedges and Joe Sacco paint an incredibly human picture of ..."

Ooh stay safe and warm! And now I'm super intrigued :) Enjoy your reads! :)


message 41: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Oda wrote: "I started and finished Viral Nation (Viral Nation, #1) by Shaunta Grimeswhich was the book I had planned for this month. Going to keep on Reading my planned books, if it turns out any of the other books I rad this..."

I'm glad you enjoyed your read! Hope the rest are just as good!


message 42: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Amanda wrote: "First day(night) and I already finished the book I wanted to read. Defying Conventions was such a cute(and a short) read that I feel like my soul just sucked in some love from that book and got mor..."

Ahhh don't you just love books that make you feel that way? So glad you enjoyed it :)


message 43: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Ana Luisa wrote: "Day 1: So today I think I started off the readathon very well, since I started and finished the poetry book A Thousand Mornings (96 pages) and read 80 pages of The Dinner by Herman Koch.
Day 1 page..."


That's some awesome progress! Keep it up!


message 44: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Lucy wrote: "Just finished my first book (I've had school) and plan to start and maybe finish another tonight!"

Way to go! Happy reading!


message 45: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Maris wrote: "Just finished The Color Purple. Absolutely amazing, words can't even describe how it made me feel! Can't wait to re-read this one. For my second book I'll be reading The Kite Runner."

I haven't read either of those, but I've heard amazing things! Especially about The Kite Runner! Hope you enjoy it!


message 46: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Yvonne wrote: "I didn't do so good today...was at my mom's for most of the day, but I was able to read 104 pages in The Help by Kathryn Stockett...hopefully I will be able to get much more read tomorrow


Day 1 p..."


Well, as I always say, some progress is better than no progress! :)


message 47: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Kyley wrote: "I just finished Unbearable Lightness. Read the last 145 pages of it today. Really good book!"

So glad you enjoyed it! Hope the rest of your week goes just as well! :)


message 48: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Brianna wrote: "I know I didn't add it in my TBR but I just finished the last 158 pages in Sapphire Blue By Kerstin Gier. It's the second book in the Ruby Red trilogy and I'm really loving the series. I'm includin..."

That sounds like an awesome first day! :) And I LOVE Cinder, I hope you do too! :)


message 49: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Xaviera wrote: "It's 4:35 A.M. here in Chile and i've just finished "To all the boys i've loved before", i got a bit caught up on the story and gave up on my sleeping hours (Hope i don't regret it tomorrow), I als..."

Haha we've all been there, boo ;) Glad you enjoyed the story, though :)


message 50: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Heidi wrote: "I'm half way trough Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz and it's tueday morning (almost 10 o' clock) here in Belgium.
Things arent going so fast, but life..."


Some progress is better than no progress, and sometimes priorities take front seat! It's okay if you don't read a lot, as long as you enjoy what you are reading :)


« previous 1
back to top