Beyond Reality discussion

Kraken
This topic is about Kraken
Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > KRAKEN: Roll Call and First Impressions (*NO SPOILERS*)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Candiss (new) - added it

Candiss (tantara) | 1207 comments Please let us know if you've read or are planning to read Kraken by China Miéville.

Please, **NO SPOILERS!!**

carol. | 173 comments planning to give it a whirl.

message 3: by Shel, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shel (shel99) | 2240 comments Mod
I'm about a third of the way through. So far quite enjoying it, though I'm not finding it quite as absorbing as his Perdido Street Station. It took me a while to get used to the very British slang but I think I've got the knack now :)

message 4: by Ken (new) - added it

Ken (ogi8745) | 1348 comments Finished it last week.
I liked it but I felt it was too long

message 5: by Stuart (new) - added it

Stuart (asfus) | 136 comments will read at some point.

Maggie K | 298 comments Like SHel, the British slang sometimes escapes me, but I am enjoying it.

carol. | 173 comments Anyone have a good site for British slang? (like american urbandictionary.com)

Trinity (snappingturtle) | 12 comments Planning to read this one, although I tried once before and couldn't get into it.

message 9: by Carly (new)

Carly Svamvour (faganlady) | 33 comments I couldn't get into this either - found the descriptions of life, as it was, to be all told too crass.

Just didn't turn my crank.

message 10: by Stuart (new) - added it

Stuart (asfus) | 136 comments will read at some point.

message 11: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Dobbins Planning to read it after the book I'm most of the way through at the minute :)

carol. | 173 comments I'm entertained. Who knew China did UF thrillers? Reminds me of The Rook and Angelmaker.

message 13: by Ken (new) - added it

Ken (ogi8745) | 1348 comments Which reminds me
I want to read The Rook.