The Paying Guests
This topic is about The Paying Guests
The Paying Guests > Final Thoughts *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael, Mod Prometheus (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michael (knowledgelost) | 1255 comments Mod
Finally thoughts on The Paying Guests

Lesley I finished this last night. I found the beginning quite good; atmospheric of a time and a city I find fascinating. From there though, I found it repetitive. I was hoping for another twist towards the end; there was much opportunity!

I'm really interested to hear what everyone thinks...

Xan Shadowflutter (shadowflutter) I'm only a quarter into it. I'm finding much of the description too mundane and unnecessary. Having said that, after the first three chapters it started getting better.

Jenn S | 1 comments I was pleasantly surprised. I was pulled in much more by parts 2 and 3 than part 1, which I thought could have been shorter. I agree that there was a lot of description, but I listened to this as an audio book so didn't find it as tedious

message 5: by Laurie (new)

Laurie I'm not sure I can get much further before I give this up. I am at chapter 3 and it is not interesting me enough to read much longer.

message 6: by Lesley (last edited Feb 23, 2015 09:20PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lesley Laurie, it is quite the chunkster if you decide to stick with it.. I found it a struggle too. I think Jen may have the right idea of listening to the audio version!

Nancy (nantown) | 46 comments I felt like there were some parts of the books that dragged but it's worth sticking it out. I enjoyed this book.