YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Room
This topic is about Room
BUDDY READ: Adult Fiction > Room by Emma Donoghue - Restarting October 10th 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 147 (147 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Caron (last edited Feb 01, 2015 01:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 329 comments Join Luna, Irene and I as we read Room by Emma Donoghue starting March 10th 2015. :)

message 2: by Barb (new)

Barb (bubasbookshelf) I'm so happy I'll get to read this one with somebody else, it's been on my to-read pile for long time and I'm really looking forward to this one ^_^

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 329 comments I only just bought the book a few weeks ago but I knew i had to have it.

message 4: by Barb (new)

Barb (bubasbookshelf) I've read a lot of great reviews about it, and tbh I fell in love with the cover the first time I saw it

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 329 comments I have the blue cover. The bookstore didn't have the white one. I was lucky to find it. It was hidden in between a few others

message 6: by Barb (new)

Barb (bubasbookshelf)  photo 60866_Soba_N_prednja_zps8cqjxnuw.jpg

this cover?

message 7: by Caron (last edited Feb 01, 2015 03:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 329 comments This one.

description

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments Mine's yellow: Rum by Emma Donoghue
It's been on my shelf for about a year, but one of my friends didn't like it, so I've been weary about picking it up :)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 329 comments My sister's friends read it in 10th grade. She said they wouldn't stop talking about it. I hope I like this book. The description was very interesting.

Berit | 918 comments Perfect! This is the group read for one of my other groups, so I get to kill lots of birds with one stone ;-)

Berit | 918 comments Just started, I have a question, is Dora the Explore international? You will understand my question when you start reading, it is not a spoiler :-)15% done

(view spoiler)

Berit | 918 comments 40% done

(view spoiler)

Berit | 918 comments This is a very compelling and interesting book, at 58%
(view spoiler)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 329 comments It comes on everyday here. My cousin watches it.

Berit | 918 comments I wasn't sure if Dora was just an American thing or what. At 74%
< spoiler> you would think once Jack got out of the room he would be so excited to play outside and be with a bunch of people and all that. I think this is probably more likely what would happen, you know what you know. I'm not quite sure why his mom is now confiding all kinds of things in him, and I don't know if that's the right thing to do.

Berit | 918 comments Sorry! That was supposed to be in a spoiler, don't think I spoiled too much though. It's a good book you should read it ;-) it's late, sorry again!

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 329 comments I'm one page through but I thought I'd comment on the writing style. I think it's pretty genius for the book to be from a 5 year old's POV. I had almost forgotten that until I started reading.

Berit | 918 comments I know and she keeps it up throughout the book, I am almost done. I hope you enjoy it!

Berit | 918 comments I am just making sure that the phone upgrade did not screw up this from working. Spoiler >I am just making sure that the phone upgrade did not screw up this from working.(view spoiler)

Berit | 918 comments Well clearly it did. So, I finished the book it was very good, it would be interesting to do a follow-up to see how Jack live the rest of his life. I hope you enjoy it.

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 329 comments I took a break with this book for a while and now I'm buzzing through it. On the things I've read...

I'm really loving this book and I'm sure one day I'll re-read it.

(view spoiler)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 329 comments Finished.

I loved it. There were a few parts that made me backtrack a bit but the author really knows how to capture an audience. I'm glad things worked out mostly in the end.

Great book. 4/5 stars.

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83315 comments Mod
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting July 10th 2015. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Starting this! No idea what it's about but (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 8% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 30% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 42% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 47% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 48% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 66% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 70% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 77% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 91% - wow this is making me tear up

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 95% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Finished - A definite 5 star rating for me.. Can't stop crying

message 36: by Sush (new) - added it

Sush | 87 comments Can I join?

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Yes please do! I had an 8 hour drive today so I finished it in one sitting.. it was so good

message 38: by Sush (new) - added it

Sush | 87 comments Just started reading it

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 17th of January 2016

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Starting this! Can't wait to read it!

message 41: by Sharon (last edited Jan 17, 2016 08:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Part 1, Presents: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Part 2, Unlying: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Part 3, Dying: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Part 4, After: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Ending Thoughts (Part 5, Living): (view spoiler)

message 46: by Mona (last edited Jan 17, 2016 08:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mona | 2 comments Started this yesterday and I will be joining you.
Finished part 1 (view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Mona wrote: "Started this yesterday and I will be joining you.
Finished part 1 "

(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Sharon wrote: "Part 3, Dying: [spoilers removed]"
(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Part 4 After
(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Living
(view spoiler)

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Rum (other topics)