Fans of Christian Romance discussion

Group Reads > February 2015 - Swept Away - Mary Connealy

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) For February, we are reading Swept Away by Mary Connealy.

Summary: Swept away when her wagon train attempts a difficult river crossing, Ruthy MacNeil isn't all that upset at being separated from the family who raised her. All they've ever done is work her to the bone. She prayed for a chance to get away, and then came the raging flood. Alive but disoriented, she's rescued by Luke Stone... so unfortunately, there are more chances to die in her immediate future.

Luke is heading home to reclaim the ranch stolen from his family. But the men who killed his father are working hard to ensure Luke doesn't make it alive. He has no choice but to keep moving. Still, he can't just abandon Ruthy, so she'll have to come along.

His friends—a ragtag group of former Civil War soldiers—take a fast interest in the pretty gal. Luke thinks that's rather rude—he's the one who found her. And the more time he spends around the hard-working young woman who is a mighty good cook, the more he finds himself thinking beyond revenge and toward a different future. For the first time in a long time, Luke is tempted to turn from his destructive path and be swept away by love.

message 2: by Nanci (new)

Nanci | 17 comments I enjoyed this offering from Connealy. I have read all in this series so far. The last two were not as strong for me as the first two. Always a good smile when you close the book.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (goodreadscomamanda_hamm) | 3 comments The Rosie/Ruthy thing kind of annoyed me. I guess it was supposed to be sweet that he had a pet name for her but it didn't come off as though she saw it that way and it was inconsistent. Sometimes he called her Rosie in one sentence and thought of her as Ruthy in the next. (And I noticed that he thought of her as Ruthy once before she told him her name.)

But that's really the only thing I have to complain about. I enjoyed the book. I've read several by Mary Connealy in the past, including books 2 and 3 in this series. Because I read them out of order, I knew how most of it was going to go down before it did and I didn't really mind. I generally enjoy the light tone of this author's narration. I think book 3 was my favorite.

message 4: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments Love this book. Just fins8ihed the series today.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Swept Away (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mary Connealy (other topics)