Teen Writers and Readers Unite discussion

Reading Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments So, what are you reading right now? What genres do you enjoy/ don't enjoy? Any book suggestions for the group?

message 2: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments I like to read all kinds of books; sci fi, fantasy, mystery, thriller, comedy, horror... pretty much anything. I'm not the biggest fan of historical fiction though, but it mainly depends on what they're about. I'm very open to any kind of books though and am willing to read anything.

message 3: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments I just started reading the Pretty Little Liars series, have you read those yet?

message 4: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) right now I'm reading twisted by Gena Showalter and I have to say not one of my favorite books

message 5: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) no but it sounds really good I have never read a book about trolls

message 6: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments It sounds really interesting, and I've never read a book about trolls before.

message 7: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) do you know how many books are in the sires?

message 8: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments Which one?

message 9: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) the one with the stolen songbird book?

message 10: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments There's 3, Stolen Songbird, Hidden Huntress, and one coming out next year. Then there's a prequel called The Songbird's Overture.

message 11: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) okay thank you.:)

message 12: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments okay, i just renamed this reading chat so we wouldn't have 2 of the same things

message 13: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) okay sounds cool

message 14: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) Okay

message 15: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments Are there any books you guys are dying to re-read?

message 16: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) well it looks like we have not all read the same books.

message 17: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments yeah, LoL, i just checked that too. Have either of you read Eleanor and Park?

message 18: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) I have not read that book before.

message 19: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments Does it sound interesting, I mean, would you consider reading it? I've wanted to for a while, but haven't really had a chance.

message 20: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) Yes I would consider reading I have never seen anything like it before.

message 21: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) ummmmm I think we should give it a try

message 22: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments Okay, it's supposed to be as good as the fault in our stars if you've read that

message 23: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments love stories of the decade, stuff like that

message 24: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) oh wow I didn't think it was THAT popular

message 25: by Kersten (last edited Mar 10, 2015 05:13PM) (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments yeah, there was a big poster of it at my Barnes and Noble, it was all like... You cried for Augustus and Hazel in The Fault In Our Stars, and you cheered for Park and Eleanor in Eleanor and Park, now make way for a new story... then it said the title of the new book but I don't remember the title

message 26: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) mmmmmmm I love going to Barnes and Noble that has to be favorite book store

message 27: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments mine too, and i like the one without the Starbucks better for some reason. it doesn't smell like coffee all the time

message 28: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) yeah there are a lot small too

message 29: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments yeah it's nice

message 30: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) yeah I went the other day and it was loud

message 31: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments i hate loud places, even pep rallies annoy me.

message 32: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) yeah those get up there on the annoying scale

message 33: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments So, is everyone on board for Eleanor and Park?

message 34: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) I'm good with it I just have to go get it or order it.

message 35: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments Alright, sounds good. SammyB, you're pretty active, what do you think?

message 36: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) Wow guys we no our second book I hope more people will join us this time around.

message 37: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments Well, we have 7 members, so hopefully we get a few more people to read with us.

message 38: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) yeah that would be good

message 39: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments so, are we going to give it a week so everyone can get a book or should we wait a little longer? whatever is best for you guys.

message 40: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) I think we should wait a bit just incase others want to join in.

message 41: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) yeah that sounds good

message 42: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments yeah, sounds good. I'll send out a group email sometime next week to the other member so they can have some notice if they dont check this often. plus next month I have April break so that works well. I can read a lot then.

message 43: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) yeah I have spring break coming up so hope to get a lot of my books read then.

message 44: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments Me too! :) that's after I do my NYSMAA solo :(

message 45: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) what's NYSMAA?

message 46: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments I'll put it in the Group Chat so we don't spam this discussion LoL.

message 47: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) okay

message 48: by Azaria (new)

Azaria Gerardo (bookflix) | 137 comments Should I read Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead or The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson?

message 49: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) shadow kiss

message 50: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments Should I reread Divergent, it's sitting on my bed taunting me... :( If it starts talking I'll let you know, but I think it's trying to seduce me into reading it. Lol. I need help... *shakes head sadly*

« previous 1 3