What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

All Good Children
This topic is about All Good Children
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Dystopian future america...[s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Liv1804 | 5 comments Someone help me remember the name of this book! Please :)

In America (in the not very distant future), kids are given immunizations at school that take away their emotions. One boy, the protagonist, manages to fake having the shot. Eventually, he is discovered and escapes to Canada with his mom,little sister and best friend (who is disguised as the m.c.'s deceased father)and a tent that he painted on for an art exhibition, the tent being a major symbol to the m.c. (I think it said "withstand" on the outside). I probably read this about 5 years ago.

message 2: by Willow (new)

Willow Bledsoe | 13 comments the giver Lois Lowry

message 3: by Willow (new)

Willow Bledsoe | 13 comments I can't seem to edit my post, that was supposed to be a question. the first party sounds like The Giver. I've never read the rest of the series, could be that.

message 4: by rosalind (new)

rosalind (rosalindpoet) | 1 comments sounds kind of like lauren oliver's delirium too.

Liv1804 | 5 comments Thank you so much! It was all good children.

message 7: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa (med0ra) | 439 comments Olivia wrote: "Thank you so much! It was all good children."
You're welcome.

message 8: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1337 comments Wasn't that a movie that just came out?
The Giver

Liv1804 | 5 comments Yeah it did. I'm kind of scared to watch it though because the book was so good and I have a lot of nostalgia for it :)

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 606 comments i don't think the giver ever had injections to take emotions away - he was given ones to get emotions back when he became the giver

Liv1804 | 5 comments Actually pretty much the only needles involved were the ones that they used to kill people with... so its definitely not the book I was looking for, although rather good itself.