Padfoot's Lazy Book Club discussion

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
This topic is about Throne of Glass
Throne of Glass > Throne of Glass Discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sophie M (idontwannago_) I'm enjoying this much more than I thought. It's entertaining, and I love how the main character is kind of a Mary Sue : she loves fashion and can fight, she's sure of herself, smart, loves reading ... All in all, she's the kind of character people tend to love when said character is a man, but despise when it's a woman. But I find her really fun (I probably wouldn't have a few years back, but now that my internalized misogyny is gone, I do).

Manda (therealmanda) | 2 comments I don't like the main character at all, she's so arrogant and cocky it's obnoxious. And I wouldn't like her if she was a man either. This series is so hyped up, I had high expectations and so far, I'm let down. But I'm only a few chapters in so maybe I'll change my mind as the story and characters progress.

Sophie M (idontwannago_) Manda wrote: "I don't like the main character at all, she's so arrogant and cocky it's obnoxious. And I wouldn't like her if she was a man either. This series is so hyped up, I had high expectations and so far, ..."

The difference between you and me is probably that you had high expectations and I had none whatsoever.
It was good enough to make me want to know what happens next. There were some weak moments (because of the plot or because they were badly written) but some things were also quite interesting. I think I liked it because, despite its obvious flaws, it's an easy read and I grew fond of a few characters, especially Chaol and Nehemia.
I definitely wouldn't have read that book without that book club and I'm happy I did, even though at the end of the year, it most certainly won't be in my Top 10.

Mariah Smith | 1 comments I love Dorian!

Theodora Cristea | 1 comments I have already read this in April or May 2014, so I don't really remember that much about it, but here's what I can say:
-I freaking love Celaena. She's amazing and she goes through such character grown in this series. She's one of my all time favourite characters.
-Dorian is amazing. I love him so so so much! I am deffinately Team Dorian (if you couldn't tell)
-I really don't like Chaol. Like...at all. I finished Heir of Fire and I still don't like him. That's not going to change.
-Nehemia is truly amazing. She's a great character and is a very good friend to Celaena. I like her a lot :)
-The magic in these books is wonderful. And the more you read, the more amazing it gets.