Fans of Christian Romance discussion

Contemporary Romance > Best Romantic Novellas?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Alyse (jessicaalyse) | 13 comments I'm looking for a good Christian romance novella to read (or a few.) I'm looking for top of the line, 5 star novella's (which is different from a novel.) In your opinion, what would you recommend?

message 2: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Stowe (tanyastowe) | 2 comments Jessica, I would recommend any of Mary Manners' novellas. She has a gift for setting and makes you feel right in the moment. That's difficult to do in a short novella.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Alyse (jessicaalyse) | 13 comments Thanks, Tanya. I'll look into it. :)

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Witemeyer | 38 comments If you are interested,Jessica, I have two novellas that are Christian historical romance. The first is A Cowboy Unmatched, which is the final Archer brother book (if you are familiar with Short-Straw Bride and Stealing the Preacher), though it can easily be read as a stand alone. It was originally part of a collection called A Match Made in Texas, but you can get it as an e-single as well.

The other is a brand new release that comes out tomorrow (Feb 3). It is called Love on the Mend. The story of a boy who ran away from home 17 years ago but after the horrors of serving as a doctor during the Civil War, he's finally ready to return home and lay his past to rest. Only his past is still alive and kicking. You can find it here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NJ0TUQI?t...

Happy reading!
~Karen

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Alyse (jessicaalyse) | 13 comments Karen, I'm very familiar with your books. You are, in fact, my favorite author. I have all of your books (including A Match Made in Texas) and I have Full Steam Ahead on my to-read shelf. I've been a faithful reader from your very fist book and I can't stop reading them. I'm so glad you mentioned that you have a new novella coming out tomorrow. I'm going to go buy it right now. I, too, am a writer (unpublished, but hopeful) and you are my greatest writing inspiration. Thanks!

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen Witemeyer | 38 comments Awesome, Jessica! I'm so glad you enjoy my books so well. You just made my day! You might want to read Full Steam Ahead first. Not necessary, but you might like to have them in order. Love on the Mend's hero, Jacob Sadler, is a boy in Full Steam Ahead. The novella is a follow-up 17 years later.

Enjoy!

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Alyse (jessicaalyse) | 13 comments Okay, great. I'll read Full Steam first, then. Thanks for letting me know. :)

message 8: by Chantel (new)

Chantel (channylee07) A Brush with Love: A January Wedding Story by Rachel Hauck. I just finished reading this novella and I thought that it was so good.

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Alyse (jessicaalyse) | 13 comments Great. Thanks, Chantel. I'll look it up. :)