Zodiac February Read-Along discussion

Zodiac (Zodiac, #1)
This topic is about Zodiac
Discussing the book > Chapter 7-21

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rikke (last edited Feb 01, 2015 10:04AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rikke (RikkeReads) (rikkereads) | 12 comments Mod
Here's for talking about and disccusing the book from chapter 7 to 21 :) Please don't post any spoilers from chapters ahead of chapter 21!

Daisy | 16 comments I think I may not have liked this part as much as I did the previous one. There was a whole lot of uneventful flying involved with only Rho, Mathias and Hysan around, which I didn't find as interesting as all the action and variety of characters in chapters 1 - 6.

Also the love triangle is kind of getting on my nerves but even so, I'm still really enjoying it and I have to say the twists and turns in the plot (like how Hysan turned out to be Guardian of Libra) are totally awesome and unpredictable.

One thing I'm slightly confused about is how Ophiuchus is sometimes called Ochus and sometimes Ophiuchus. I'm pretty sure I must of missed something because it seems really random how they just keep switching between the two names. Does anyone know why this is? :)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) Daisy wrote: "I think I may not have liked this part as much as I did the previous one. There was a whole lot of uneventful flying involved with only Rho, Mathias and Hysan around, which I didn't find as interesting as all the action and variety of characters in chapters 1 - 6.

Also the love triangle is kind of getting on my nerves but even so, I'm still really enjoying it and I have to say the twists and turns in the plot (like how Hysan turned out to be Guardian of Libra) are totally awesome and unpredictable.

One thing I'm slightly confused about is how Ophiuchus is sometimes called Ochus and sometimes Ophiuchus. I'm pretty sure I must of missed something because it seems really random how they just keep switching between the two names. Does anyone know why this is? :) "

well there are the childhood tales the different zodiac houses get told, so Ophiuchus has many names- Ochus, the serpent, the letter O, etc.

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) I love Rho! Nishi is pretty cool too. Mathias reminds me of Four from Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth , and Ash from The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa . Hysan reminds me of Puck from The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa . Great story! Team Mathias all the way now. :D

Daisy | 16 comments @ message 3 Rose

Oh, I see. That's kind of annoying because it seems like it just switches randomly between the two names without reason - I wish the author would just pick one or the other!

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) Daisy wrote: "@ message 3 Rose

Oh, I see. That's kind of annoying because it seems like it just switches randomly between the two names without reason - I wish the author would just pick one or the other!"

I agree with you on that one. It's like Nishi and Nishiko.

Daisy | 16 comments Oh, yeah. I didn't notice that one. :)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) Daisy wrote: "Oh, yeah. I didn't notice that one. :)"

:D

Rikke (RikkeReads) (rikkereads) | 12 comments Mod
What I like about this part is that we are now exploring the Zodiac. With Rho, Mathias and Hysan traveling around, we get to know more about the whole if Zodiac, but also about each house we visit. Well they visit, but I'm like there too ;-)
As you mention Daisy, the love triangle is getting on my nerves too. I get Rho's feelings toward each boy, but their hate of each other is a bit annoying. And Rose, you are right about Mathiad, he also reminds me of Four from Divergent!
I love the plottwists placed all different places. It makes is so exciting and interesting to read, because you can't really be sure of what is going to happen.
I have really come to love the writing. I especially love the authors use of colors. It's not just read and blue, it's so much more than that! "the cube alters from gold to violet, crimson, chrome, emerald green, and cerulean blue". It really plays along with the cocer of this gorgeous book ^_^

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) Rikke wrote: "What I like about this part is that we are now exploring the Zodiac. With Rho, Mathias and Hysan traveling around, we get to know more about the whole if Zodiac, but also about each house we visit...."

I agree!