Zodiac February Read-Along discussion

Zodiac (Zodiac, #1)
This topic is about Zodiac
Discussing the book > Chapter 1-6

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rikke (last edited Feb 01, 2015 10:04AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rikke (RikkeReads) (rikkereads) | 12 comments Mod
Here's for talking about and disccusing the book from chapter 1 to 6 :) Please don't post any spoilers from chapters ahead of chapter 6!

Daisy | 16 comments I've finished Chapter 6 now and I have to say it's all lot better than I thought it would be! I was a bit worried about the present tense, because I usually don't like that in books but actually here it's done really well. I like how there's description but also action at the same time.

My favourite bit was where they tricked Rho into thinking her mum had killed the Cancer guardian because I was like WHAT. Then the way it turned out to be just a test was really clever.

So far this is looking like it will be either a 4 or 5 star rating from me, depending on where it goes, but it's showing a lot of potential for a great trilogy and I can't wait to continue! :)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) Daisy wrote: "I've finished Chapter 6 now and I have to say it's all lot better than I thought it would be! I was a bit worried about the present tense, because I usually don't like that in books but actually he..."

That's cool! :) I'm still waiting for a copy. :(

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I really liked the chapters. It's fast paced, and usually I don't enjoy that very much, but I think it works great with this book. I would love more detailed descriptions, but I actually feel like it makes the book better. I really feel like we're in Rho's mindset, and it's not difficult to get lost in the book.
I really like it so far!

Rikke (RikkeReads) (rikkereads) | 12 comments Mod
6 chapters in ø and there has alreadt been loads of action, this bodes well! I like the writing style with the present storyline mixed with detailed descriptions and looks to the past. It makes yoy able to read the story with no knowledge at all, but as you read on, little descriptions of the society and the world helps the perception of Rho and who she is and what this world is all about. I can't wait to read on and to know more about the Zodiac, Rho and what is going to happen!!

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) I have just read chapter 1 & 2! I'm loving it, but there are a few confusing terms. So far, so good!

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) WARNING! May contain spoilers.

I love Rho as a character. The Deception she was put through at the end of chapter 6 was a sign of a promising book. Rho and Mathias is my choice- I've heard there's a love triangle in Zodiac, which i'll be looking out for. But Mathias is my kind of guy, so I doubt I'll change sides. Ophiuchus is such a unique idea. Everything about Zodiac is unique!