SA reads discussion

2015 > The Keeper: Week 4

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisadannatt) | 1038 comments Mod
Chapters 16- 20

message 2: by John (new)

John Mountford (KillMandela) | 735 comments This novel was a slow burn for me, but by the end I was hooked! A lovely story, beautifully written - what more can you ask of an author.
What an inspiring ending! She hides the true protagonist and real love story 'til the last chapter. Bravo!

message 3: by Carolien (new)

Carolien (carolien_s) I agree. A slow start, but a wonderful story in the end. I really enjoyed it and will read more of her books in future.

message 4: by Jude (new)

Jude | 7 comments Her best novel, in my opinion, is Recessional for Grace.

But I loved The Keeper too.

message 5: by Jude (new)

Jude | 7 comments And the ending is inspiring, as you say. Most authors struggle with endings, but not Marguerite Poland!

message 6: by Lisa (new)

I'm hoping to get to it in April...

message 7: by Lisa (new)

I'm hoping to get to it in April...

message 8: by Carolien (new)

Carolien (carolien_s) Jude wrote: "Her best novel, in my opinion, is Recessional for Grace.

But I loved The Keeper too."

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm going to try and find it.

message 9: by Carolien (new)

Carolien (carolien_s) I notice it is on the long list for the 2015 Sunday Times fiction prize. It will be a worthwhile winner

http://bookslive.co.za/blog/2015/04/0...

There's some interesting books on the list. I have Ekow Duker's White Wahalla in my TBR pile and I'd like to read An Imperfect Blessing.

message 10: by John (new)

John Mountford (KillMandela) | 735 comments Carolien wrote: "I notice it is on the long list for the 2015 Sunday Times fiction prize. It will be a worthwhile winner

http://bookslive.co.za/blog/2015/04/0......"

Good to see we have an eye for a good book!