The Elite Readers discussion

Feb. || A Thousand Pieces of You > First Impressions || A Thousand Pieces of You

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (thebooktionary) | 9 comments Hey guys! So as you probably already know; our book choice for February is A Thousand Pieces of you by Claudia Grey!

What were you first impressions of the book? What did you think of the characters? The world?

Discuss away!

Kieran, First of his name.🧜🏾‍♂️ Lover of Oceans (ki3ran) | 6 comments The beautiful cover drew me in, I loved all the characters except for Theo. My favorite dimension was the one with the royal Russians and soldier Paul.

message 3: by Gina (new)

Gina Fugate (shutupimtryintoread) | 7 comments I heard of the book on Ig since so many people here are reading or have already read it and the title is what drew me in. I actually just posted in my February TBR post so I'm glad you've chosen it as well!

message 4: by Steven (new)

Steven | 17 comments I sadly haven't started it yet, but I will when I'm done with The Well of Ascension, or tomorrow

message 5: by Roisin (new)

Roisin (thesimplemoment) I just finished my last book so I'm only starting this book now. I'm excited to see where the story goes.

message 6: by Mihlean (new)

Mihlean (mylifeasfangirl) I haven't read this yet, but I'm planning on reading it soon and the cover is just AMAZING *-*

˗ˏˋ n o v i  ˎˊ˗ (starryreads) im like 50 pages in and my brain keeps reading Magarita instead of the actual name that I already forgot. And i can't get rid of it now haha.

˗ˏˋ n o v i  ˎˊ˗ (starryreads) im like 50 pages in and my brain keeps reading Magarita instead of the actual name that I already forgot. And i can't get rid of it now haha.

message 9: by m (new)

m | 2 comments I'm only 4 chapters in, but I'm enjoying it so far! I hope the book will explain more about how the Firebird works, becaue it seems really fascinating!

message 10: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria (starkovalina) I read this book last month and I enjoyed it. The Firebird and the different dimensions were really fascinating. Although I did have a few problems with it.

message 11: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria (starkovalina) novi wrote: "im like 50 pages in and my brain keeps reading Magarita instead of the actual name that I already forgot. And i can't get rid of it now haha."

Her actual name is Marguerite. :) Unfortunately that may become even more confusing for you later in the book. I won't spoil anything, but you'll understand why when you get there.

Courtney (ConfessionsOfaBookBlogger)  (confessionsbycourt) | 1 comments The cover completely won me over and after the first chapter I was hooked! It seems as though it is going to be a really interesting read!

Janna (Bibliophile Mom) (bibliophilemom_) I still have to finish Lola and the Boy Next Door, but I'm so excited to read this!!!❤️❤️❤️

Janna (Bibliophile Mom) (bibliophilemom_) I still have to finish Lola and the Boy Next Door, but I'm so excited to read this!!!❤️❤️❤️

message 16: by ˗ˏˋ n o v i ˎˊ˗ (last edited Feb 03, 2015 10:53AM) (new)

˗ˏˋ n o v i  ˎˊ˗ (starryreads) Alexandria wrote: "novi wrote: "im like 50 pages in and my brain keeps reading Magarita instead of the actual name that I already forgot. And i can't get rid of it now haha."

Her actual name is Marguerite. :) Unfort..."

I just found out why and yes its confusing haha, I really hate my brain sometimes.

message 17: by Bay (last edited Feb 03, 2015 11:36AM) (new)

Bay I still don't know what to think of the plot (have only read the blurb) but I love the cover. Really beautiful.f

message 18: by Roisin (new)

Roisin (thesimplemoment) I haven't gotten too far into the book yet due to work but I am excited to see where the story line is going to lead. I like the basis for the story - at least the cover now makes sense to me :P

message 19: by Asheley (last edited Feb 04, 2015 10:33AM) (new)

Asheley | 1 comments I thought this would either be amazing or suck, because the author not only had to create one world but two worlds.

message 20: by Steven (new)

Steven | 17 comments does anyone know where I can read it on my computer/phone?

˗ˏˋ n o v i  ˎˊ˗ (starryreads) I'm on page 240 and i cant get enough. And I want to rant but i wont spoil you guysss!

˗ˏˋ n o v i  ˎˊ˗ (starryreads) I'm on page 240 and i cant get enough. And I want to rant but i wont spoil you guysss!

Mariel (TheCrownedGoddessReads) (marieru) | 3 comments Hello!! Did you see the cover for the second book?!

Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird, #2) by Claudia Gray

I haven't started A thousand pieces, but I sure will be buying all if they look this gorgeous.

message 24: by Maggi (new)

Maggi (maggipsk) Okay, I'm going to start this sucker now (after watching another Agent Carter episode), and I hope it will be good. The blurb sound pretty cool, though I already guess this will be really romance-focused. AND YES THE COVER IS AMAZING.

message 25: by Bay (new)

Bay Omg! The cover for the sequel is just as amazing!!! Have read three chapters now, and I already feel hooked. This surprises me very much because I thought I wouldn't like the plot at all.

courtney ♡ librarycutie (librarycutie) The cover is so BEAUTIFUL! I read the blurbs and I'm hoping I like it.

˗ˏˋ n o v i  ˎˊ˗ (starryreads) Marieru wrote: "Hello!! Did you see the cover for the second book?!

I haven't started A thousand pieces, but I sure will be buying all if they look this gorgeous."

omg thats amazing, cant wait to read that. let alone own it.

message 28: by Seanna (new)

Seanna (seannasbooks) | 3 comments the cover is just perfection & even though i'm only a few chapters in, the concept & world is intriguing

happy reading xx

Nina ✿ Looseleaf Reviews ✿ (looseleafreviews) | 5 comments I just got my copy in from the library today! I'll post as soon as I get the chance to pick it up.

message 30: by Maggi (new)

Maggi (maggipsk) guys, quick question, how do you pronounce her freaking name? xD

˗ˏˋ n o v i  ˎˊ˗ (starryreads) Maggi wrote: "guys, quick question, how do you pronounce her freaking name? xD"

I now read it as maar - guh - reet but that might just be me !!

message 32: by Bay (last edited Feb 04, 2015 03:56PM) (new)

Bay Maggi wrote: "guys, quick question, how do you pronounce her freaking name? xD"

Like the drink margurita, just without the last a, I think :) At least that's how I hear it in my head ;b

message 33: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (fullycyn) | 6 comments Marieru wrote: "Hello!! Did you see the cover for the second book?!

I haven't started A thousand pieces, but I sure will be buying all if they look this gorgeous."

Oh!!! Love the cover so much! Both book 1 and book 2 have the best cover of YA I've ever seen in my whole life <3

message 34: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (fullycyn) | 6 comments Oh and I finished this book last night! Not going to spill anything, but generally this is a romance book with a spark of sci-fi. Pretty enjoyable read and loved how Claudia described every dimension so precisely. It was perfect in all details!

message 35: by Gina (new)

Gina Fugate (shutupimtryintoread) | 7 comments My grandma's name is Marguerite so I'll be ok with that one at least lol and you pronounced it right - Mar - ga- reet

message 36: by Gina (new)

Gina Fugate (shutupimtryintoread) | 7 comments Starting this one tonight! :D

Kieran, First of his name.&#x1f9dc;&#x1f3fe;‍♂️ Lover of Oceans (ki3ran) | 6 comments Asheley wrote: "I thought this would either be amazing or suck, because the author not only had to create one world but two worlds." I counted 5 worlds, the last time I checked.

message 38: by Marie-Eve (new)

Marie-Eve | 2 comments I really enjoyed the idea for different dimensions and the firebird is really cool! But it turned out to be a lot more of a romance novel than I had hoped. :/

˗ˏˋ n o v i  ˎˊ˗ (starryreads) I just finished this and I loved it soo much!! Eventhough I really didn't expect to like it that much because the love triangle and all. But it was freaking amazing and I gave it 5/5 stars eventhough there were some tiny things that annoyed me a little sometimes, but I loved it so much I still had to give it 5/5. And ugh am I the only one who loves Russian Paul so damn much.

message 40: by Bay (new)

Bay novi wrote: "I just finished this and I loved it soo much!! Eventhough I really didn't expect to like it that much because the love triangle and all. But it was freaking amazing and I gave it 5/5 stars eventhou..."

I feel the exact way - didn't think I would like it - totally do!!!! And I really love Russian Paul <3 a true gentleman ;)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Im about 100 pages in and I totally ship Meg, for short, and Theo together.

message 42: by Steven (new)

Steven | 17 comments I have no idea how many pages I'm in but I'm on chapter 4 and it seems pretty good

message 43: by Steven (new)

Steven | 17 comments and what do you know. I only got a sample. ugh.

message 44: by Emily (new)

Emily (escapeintobooks) | 4 comments I'm 80 pages in and I'm loving it so far! Very intriguing, I can't wait to see what happens next! :O

Nina ✿ Looseleaf Reviews ✿ (looseleafreviews) | 5 comments P. 46. Wow this jumped in fast! I hope they slow down to take more time talking about the creation of Firebird and Marguerite's family. Anyone else feel like it was hard to dive straight into action?

message 46: by Steven (new)

Steven | 17 comments eh, a bit honestly. it seems really good so far, though

message 47: by Steven (new)

Steven | 17 comments I'm about halfway into it, and this book is so wonderful

message 48: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikareads) | 2 comments I just finished reading this book and I have to say I loved it! The cover really captured my attention for the book and made me want to read it and then once I started I fell in love with the characters! I loved the dimension set in Russia, Paul was so sweet and kind and I could not help but fall in love with him!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished the book and im in loveee

message 50: by Maggi (new)

Maggi (maggipsk) I kinda DNFed it some days ago, it was too heavy on the romance and too light on the plot for me, and I just don't really liked the characters. (except maybe Theo)

« previous 1