Call to Arms (Skyrim Role Play) discussion

Whiterun Hold > Bleak Falls Barrow

Comments Showing 1-50 of 144 (144 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 01, 2015 08:43AM) (new)

message 2: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

Kendra (madamejade) | 847 comments Mod
Sihirli materialized at the coffin in which he'd buried the Dovahkiin, surrounded by fifteen masks (thirteen of them the masks of Dragon Priests). He fell on his face and struggled to his feet, stumbling to his makeshift laboratory. He snatched up a healing potion and drank it down deeply. Then he did the same with a philter of resist poison. He fell to his knees, gasping, as he began to recover.

message 3: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

After a few minutes, he felt good enough to snatch up a bag and fill it with potions of health, magicka, resist poison, and resist frost, since he'd seen the dragon they'd fought using ice breath.
With difficulty, he managed to use his telepathy.
He couldn't contact Serena or Seckie...
Dol Daan. I am back on the main continent and I am assuming that our mission on Solstheim is done. I no longer have any Marked locations on the island and cannot come to you. Now quickly, tell me what happened... and what that shout will do with all three words.

message 4: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) (Dragonborn's final rest... So sad :'( )

message 5: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((Final?))

message 6: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((Let's just say that he got his answer. It will revive basically every dead body in Skyrim.))
Sihirli would not allow that to happen. He slung his bag of potions over his shoulder and snatched up his newfangled staff. He reached his mind out for Olum... The Rift.
"Recall."
The mage was gone.

message 7: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

Sihirli reappeared, drinking another Magicka potion. That Frenzy spell was the best against mobs. He would have to remember to use it more often.
He felt death latch to his mind as a cruel presence entered the room. Olum?
"The dragon priests and dovahkiin are all in Bleak Falls Barrow. We definitely want to wake them up, right? Also, the mage who single-handedly crippled our army is there, so I'd send like a thousand troops his way," he heard her say through this accidental connection.
They'd finished the shout! They were coming his way!
He reached his mind out to someone, anyone. He had to warn the others in Solstheim!
His mind reached Serena. Huh. He could never do that on purpose. Perhaps her "dovahrii" condition had made her more receptive.
Serena. The enemies have discovered all of the words to the shout. They are assembling their army. I am going to lock down fourteen of the most powerful corpses here and defeat a large portion of their troops. In no event should you come to find me. DO NOT return to the continent, as most undead are land-based and cannot cross to Solstheim. Remain safe at all costs. If you die, so does Nirn.
He began blasting Fire Runes about the barrow, all over the walls, all over the floor and ceiling. It would take quite some time for them to reach him through normal means, he thought.
He should have enough time to set his trap.

message 8: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((Okay. The whole Barrow will be filled with these explosive runes. The undead will come for him, along with the Priests and Dovahkiin. Sihirli will activate the master level Flame spell and set off all the runes, melting the Barrow and also exploding it so that everything in it is buried forever. But just before this he will die in the worst way a Psijic can.))

message 9: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) (Okay. (^_^) What way?)

message 10: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((You'll just have to find out after a dragon brings in the army and awakens the dead.))

message 11: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) (Sounds good tomorrow We Attack!!) (maybe...)

message 12: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

It took hours and all of his magicka potions, but eventually Bleak Falls Barrow was filled with fire runes. Every square foot of the Barrow was set to explode the instant Sihirli activated the runes. He awaited the army (and the fourteen dragon priests) in the very center of the barrow, his ebonyflesh staff and Legendary Spell absorption ready for usage.

message 13: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

The foundations of the Barrow shook and three words rang out from the skies.

K R I I S T
V O P R A A N
L A H N E Y

Sihirli felt tainted just hearing the words as he felt thousands of souls cry out for freedom as they were wrenched from their rightful rest and forced back into their decaying bodies. Countless draugr arose and he felt them.
The dragon priests.
The dragonborn.
Everything was awakening. The barrow continued to shake as a legion of undead charged inside and encountered the first surprise: the giant frostbite spider.
It was trampled.
Sihirli felt the area with his mind as the Dovahkiin and the dragon priests called out to him. They were getting closer, and so was the army of the Draugr. They were marching all over the runes he'd laid, but they would not detonate. Not until the last possible second so that nothing could escape the blast.
The floor shuddered as the feet of a thousand undead stampeded across it. The Dragonborn came into Sihirli's view and the guilt overwhelmed the mage. He had buried his friend in full Dragonbone armor with a Dragonbone War Hammer. It was the only way to pay his departed friend honor. But it occurred to Sihirli that a cremation might have been better for avoiding those annoying situations in which your late beloved returns as an undead abomination.
Ah, well. Too late now.
"WULD... NAH KEST!" The dead mouth of the Dovahkiin screamed. And suddenly Sihirli was within melee range of the warrior.
Two harmony spells did nothing as Sihirli desperately jumped aside of the first attack, slamming into a rock. The draugr army peered around the corner, closing off the mage's only escape. The dragon priests floated in, wielding their staffs and daggers. Miraak stood out the most, just from his glowing dragon armor. Sihirli drew his dagger and activated his ebonyflesh staff before he jumped into melee combat.
With the dragonborn.
It was a very bad idea.
The war hammer hit him in the chest and he went onto the ground in a second.
The army of draugr was upon them and Sihirli decided to try something that he assumed would drain all of his magic.
From the corner of his eye, he saw the dragon priests firing their staves at him. He cast Legendary Absorption and then he reached out to halt time, a Psijic ability that he had never built up enough power to do for more than a "second." But the spells impacted him just as he cast it, and his magic was bolstered, with the fact that the Dragon Priests cast Wall spells (that dealt continuous damage) filling his magicka further.
He stood up and began the Fire Storm spell. It had a four second casting time. Fortunately, everyone was frozen.
For the first three seconds. He had to drop the time spell because of its massive cost then. In the one second, the Dragonborn let off a single word.
"FEIM!"
He was not damaged as the explosion came from Sihirli. And that explosion sparked the runes around him. And those runes let off explosions that went over 100 feet, sparking every rune in that radius.
In a matter of seconds, Bleak Falls Barrow exploded, and the Undead were ash.
Sihirli's ebonyflesh and Legendary Absorption spells were still up, along with a Greater Ward the mage flung up as his magicka rapidly refilled. The dovahkiin was immune to damage for the next ten seconds as long as he didn't attack.
Everything else was blown into bits. The rocks cracked, the support beams collapsed. Bleaks Falls Barrow began a cave-in as every undead within it turned to ash.
Sihirli was left, trapped in the cave, with the Dragonborn as molten rock began leaking from the ceiling.
"Rec-" he began, then thought better of it.
He would let the Dragonborn come. He would save his friend. Instead of a recall, he began to sing.
"Dragonborn, Dragonborn, by his honor is sworn,
To keep evil forever at bay!
And the fiercest foes rout when they hear triumph's shout,
Dragonborn, for your blessing we pray!"
The Dragonborn leapt forward and swung his dragonbone weapon. Sihirli used Movement Mastery to grip the warhammer and fling it into the molten rock amassing in the small remaining chamber in Bleak Falls Barrow. It sunk into the lava and was rendered useless.
The Dovahkiin's fist smashed into Sihirli's head and the mage hit the rock, healing himself and crawling away from his former friend.
He rasped out;
"Hearken now, sons of snow, to an age, long ago,
And the tale, boldly told, of the one!
Who was kin to both wyrm, and the races of man,
With a power to rival the sun!"
"YOL TOOR SHUL!" Legendary Absorption and a Greater Ward protected the Psijic as he backed further away from the hero of Skyrim.
"And the Scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold,
That when brothers wage war come unfurled!
Alduin, Bane of Kings, ancient shadow unbound,
With a hunger to swallow the world!"
Sihirli was punched again, slamming into the stone floor a second time. He pulled out his dagger, hit his friend with a Turn Undead spell to cause the once great hero hesitation, and stabbed into the leg of the dragonborn.
The knife hit the armor and clattered away uselessly.
"But a day, shall arise, when the dark dragon's lies,
Will be silenced forever and then!
Fair Skyrim will be free from foul Alduin's maw!"
Sihirli was flung into a wall, desperately casting Ice Form on it to cool the rock before he hit it. His robes caught fire and he suffered a minor burn, but an ice spell and a healing spell soon solved those issues.
"Dragonborn, Dragonborn, by his honor is sworn,
To keep evil forever at bay!" Sihirli was pleading now, calling out to his friend.
Perhaps the dovahkiin was in there somewhere. Perhaps the one Sihirli called his leader could still hear him. Sihirli was also broadcasting the words directly into his friend's mind, just to ensure that it was coming across.
"And the fiercest foes rout when they hear triumph's shout-" An armored fist quieted Sihirli and the mage was almost stunned.
"Dragonborn, for your blessing... I pray." the mage croaked out. He awaited his death at the hands of his friend.
Nothing came.
"...Sihirli. Get up." The voice was strangely gruff.
The Psijic sprung to his feet with a renewed energy.
"You're... you're in control again? You're not a Thrall to the Shadow?" Sihirli was almost grinning. His friend was alive again!
"I was free ever since you hit me with those harmony spells, mage," the dragonborn spat.
"I just wanted you to know that it was I who killed you, not some necromancer using my body. I feel nothing but hate for you! You killed me!"
"You killed Paarthunax! You had the souls of immortal creatures constantly crying out for freedom that you manipulated... so that you could become more powerful! You are an incarnation of everything I am supposed to fight!" The Psijic defended.
"But... please... Rigmard... I beg for forgiveness."
Rigmard, the Dragonborn, spoke three words.
Those words were "Rii Vaz Zol."
And Sihirli noticed that the Dovahkiin had drawn a black soul gem just before he felt the words penetrate his body.
His soul felt the violation and he desperately sent his mind out to someone, anyone, begging for help.
Again, he found Serena, his most recent contact, and, through her, Sehqogeyol. He wanted to tell them something, but then his soul was ripped from his body and he could only transmit the pain of having one's own essence removed from his body, to be pulled into a foreign home for your soul, forced to watch as your body became useless, a toy, a plaything. He was reduced to a wisp of his former self, his entire existence pain, as he felt the same death as the dragons did. He sent his death to Serena and her dragon.
Then he was locked in the soul gem, and he could not reach anyone ever again. The chamber finally melted all the way and both the Psijic and the Dragonborn were buried in lava, never to see the world again.
And maybe it's better this way, the mage determined from within the soul gem as he was buried, never to see or feel anything ever again.

Olum and the dragon slowly landed atop the collapsed remains of Bleak Falls Barrow.
"Well, that didn't work. I mean, we killed the Psijic, otherwise I could feel him now, his mind broadcasts like crazy, but we lost a good thousand troops in the process, and I'm pretty sure all the useful corpses have been buried in lava. We should head over to Winterhold, there's a whole bunch of dead mages there and we can always make more. Plus my staffs are there. This poison thing is fine, but I need some Chain Lightning and Vampire's Bane to really feel happy, y'feel me?" She pointed toward the north.
"To Winterhold."

message 14: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) "No!" Said her dragon. "We will go to Ahmiinsusaatiik. He needs as many casters as he can get. You will have your things later." Answered Sufunrahiik, heading towards the liar.

message 15: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((Admit the amazingness.))

"I didn't want to do this. Much." Olum drew her AWESOME DRAGON PRIEST DAGGER and flew to the dragon's thin wing, cutting through the flesh and shooting poison from her staff into the wing.
Then she flew off of the dragon, whose flight was now sabotaged.

message 16: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) The dragon shouted as he slowly fell to the ground.

"Traitor! You will die... You will die..." He said to Olum as he shouted fire and ice to her and corrected his falling trajectory while he was still on the air... Moving far away from her as he landed with his wing injured... He fell close to Falkearth, now he would had to crawl back to the lair...

(He will encounter himself with somebody else)

message 17: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((Good. I'll have time then, too. Solsthiem... I think Neloth has become rather insignificant, though. If I make him significant, then it would be a story breaker because of his power and the fact that he isn't my character.))

message 18: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) (Nah:.. The problem is that there is just us left

message 19: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!))

message 20: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) (What? What happened?)

message 21: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((There are only the two of us left!))

message 22: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) (Well... I meant that just we are active... Well, me sometimes)

message 23: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

By Zolt's mental orders, her army of about fifty undead soldiers met up with them at the ruins of the Barrow.
"So my guess is that he filled the whole place with fire runes and... melted the barrow," the dragon priestess pointed out the barrow that had folded in on itself as they neared the peak of the mountain.
"I think there are a few charred limbs here or there, but everything we sent in was buried in the lava."
Bleak Falls Barrow was gone.

message 24: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) Serena contemplated the scene in silence. She had changed quite a lot with all the recent events of the past months. She looked down at the ruined tomb of the fate of Sihirli. That had had their differences, true, but it still troubled her to know he was gone forever.

She stood there just watching the crater. Quietly muttering in almost unentendible whispers old funeral rites of the Dunmer.

message 25: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

Zolt was not especially good at the manipulation thing with the living. Maybe the dominate undead she'd used on Serena was still in some kind of effect. It seemed permanent with the several dozen thralls she's taken. Ah, there they were now. They were walking over the barrow.
She went out to meet them, reaching out for the other masks.
Wow, they were easy to find. She stood above the masks and noted the rock in between her and the masks and put a poison rune on the spot to mark it under the cover of her thralls.
If she could just convince Serena to stay here for a period of time, she could get her undead army to dig up the masks.
"I think I can get the other Dragon Priest masks if we stay here for awhile," Zolt called over her shoulder at the vampire.
If she was any more canny she'd need a label.

message 26: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) Serena doubted. Although she considered Zolt her ally since Sehqogeyol left she had strong distrust of her and she worried of Zolt getting more and more power. She was scared, but didn't knew to handle the situation.

"I thought you said it was just to visit. And we don't have a 'while'" she tried to sound strong and convinced.

'Well... If she get the masks I will just steal them from her.' She thought.

message 27: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

"Why not? What's the rush? There's a finite amount of corpses Immy can take, and going up against Morrowind would be a very bad idea with an army of undead," Zolt pointed out.
And I want to steal Hevnoraak's secrets for becoming a lich without a whole bunch of cultists, she didn't say.
"But fine. We'll move on."
She would need to defeat Imador before she could use the masks, anyway, she'd just have to survive until then.

message 28: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) (where were we going?)

message 29: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((Toward the Dawnguard. Let me consult a map quick.))

message 30: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((Pinepeak cave and Iverstead.))

message 31: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) Serena mentally sighed and repressed her road towards the Dawnguard. Trying to distract Zolt, she intended to start a conversation.

"So... Olum, right? Were are you from?" She said as they continued the road.

message 32: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

"Born near Riften where I was raised with my dad, who was vampirized shortly after my birth. I learned a whole lot about the undead in my early life, but after you reach a certain point, there's not much left to know." Olum shrugged with a slight grin.
"And you're Telvanni, right? Did you flee from Morrowind when the volcano went up, or when your reptile exhibits started biting back?"

message 33: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) Serena nodded and giggled slightly at the comment.

"Yes. We were raided by the reptile-folk and I fled here to Skyrim... I wonder how it has been back at home, though," she answered.

message 34: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

"Your ash was on the line, running was the best option."
Zolt noted that Serena had called her Olum.
"I go by Zolt now, short for Zoltahgron, a name in dovahnii or whatever Susie called it."
Her thralls made a perimeter around the two mages, guarding them from outside attack.
"Give me a second. I want to try..." she trailed off as she began glowing green, spilling magic all over her. Green power exploded from her and engulfed the undead, strengthening them and bolstering their stamina and health for nearly half an hour. Serena felt similarly increased strength.
Call to Arms. Awesome tool when you had a lot of thralls.

message 35: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) Serena didn't knew why she suddenly felt stronger, but she kept on the way following.

(Cool. Now we wait?)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Drew saw that the Barrow had melted, he was hoping to find shelter for the night. Seeing how he was a fugitive on the run now. He didn't hear or see anyone so he started walking up the slush hill. His breath was clearly visible in the night and everything else was pitch black so all he could see was his ice blue eyes and his icy cold breathe.

message 37: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

"I'm going to fly up and see if anyone is around, kay?"
Without awaiting an answer, Zolt flew straight up and noted something: Even when she put candlelight over her shoulder, she still couldn't see anything in the night.
She floated back down.
"Okay, new plan. You lead us with Vampiric sight. I just lit up a beacon over there with candlelight, so let's move fastish."

message 38: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) Serena turned around to answer. "Okay, fine... Good
Thing I don't wanted to sleep anyways," she muttered the last part. However, just as she turned she noticed something in the distance... The silhouette of a man? It was close, and she didn't liked how he seemed.

"Zolt... Look." She pointed the direction of the mysterious stranger.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Drew kept walking up the hill, not noticing anyone yet but he soon would. Summoning fire to his hand so he could see better he held it up to his face. People would be able to see a black hood and a black mask covering his mouth. He liked covering that so he didn't get the cold In his lungs.

message 40: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

Zolt took out her poison wall staff and sprayed a wall of venom in between the thralls and the strangers. Archers advanced to stand directly behind the wall of poison and readied arrows.
"Identify yourself, traveler!" Zolt shouted, reaching for her staff of Chain Lightning.

message 41: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) Serena got ready two thralls, one of storm and one of fire one her hands ready to cast.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Drew kept walking, not saying anything, he didn't walk through the wall but he started to walk around it. He didn't want any trouble but if he had to fight he would. He could even summon his dragon if it came to that, everyone got scared of a dragon coming at them.

message 43: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

Noting the thralls Serena was readying, Zolt shot a Frost Thrall into existence.
Since Thralls had no time limit, she wondered what the hurry was.
"Less walking and more IDENTIFYING YOURSELF, ya big jerk!" the summoner yelled at the stranger fleeing.
A Flame Thrall was the next one out, and it had ranged capabilities.
Zolt had quite enough of this "too superior to talk to you" baggage from the LAST guy she'd talked to.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

" filki vi banpri traveler vorqir ihk goawy ekess zexenuma " Drew told them. He kept walking until he got to the end of the wall then he went around.

message 45: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((You're making this team-up thing impossible. I know he can talk, why is he suddenly not doing it right?))

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

(( what why? He's just doesn't know who he is talking to. But he just talked in Dragon tongue))

message 47: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((Okay, I guess Serena knows Dovahzul a little bit. We could wait for her to translate.))

message 48: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) "I don't know what he said!" Serena shouted to Zolt as she got in a fighting stance.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

(( so you don't have to look it up. Inge said " I am just a traveler looking for a place to stay"

message 50: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

"I think he's walking away from us," Zolt noted, because the traveler was walking away from them.
Not a threat.
"Let him go for a little bit and then we can move on. No worries."

« previous 1 3