Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Soul Chaser Volume #1
This topic is about Soul Chaser Volume #1
Previous BOTM threads > Soul Chaser by Nicholette Campbell

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (last edited Feb 06, 2015 05:22AM) (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) | 795 comments Mod
Greetings Lovers of Paranormal!

Ooh! This one looks different than the usual paranormal fare! Our INDIE PICK for February is Soul Chaser Volume #1 by Nicholette Campbell, a tale of reincarnation and purposeful self-sacrifice. This book is rated Young Adult.

Soul Chaser Volume #1 by Nicholette Campbell Nicholette Campbell

"Life as we know it follows a clear course: a person is born, goes through life, and dies. We are not given the choice to deviate from this routine.

But what if we were?

Soul Chaser carries readers to a world where sixteen-year-old Raven Bishop must struggle with this choice time and time again, not for her sake, but for the sake of others whose lives she can save by repeatedly relinquishing her own.

The decision to die, and die over and over again, however, is not an easy one for anyone to make, let alone a girl who barely lived her own life—but the fate of Raven’s soul depends on it. Will she make the right choice?"

Okay ... who's reading Soul Chaser Volume #1? Shout it out in the discussion thread below, tell us what you think, and drop in links to your reviews. Remember ... be kind and use the SPOILER .html if you drop hints so it doesn't spoil the fun for somebody who isn't as far along as you are!

Awesome Author Interview: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Nicholette Campbell (lovingmylife-goodreadscom) | 12 comments I'm so honored that Soul Chaser was chosen for the book of the month. Thank you so much!! I hope you all enjoy this short story as much as I enjoyed writing it. This story is a bit on the dark side but hopefully the powerful message of hope and selflessness shines through as intended. Once again, Thank you! If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me via direct message.

message 3: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Nicholette wrote: "I'm so honored that Soul Chaser was chosen for the book of the month. Thank you so much!! I hope you all enjoy this short story as much as I enjoyed writing it. This story is a bit on the dark side..."

@Nicholette ... could I sweet-talk you into doing one of our Lovers of Paranormal Awesome Author Interviews? :-)

LINK: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 4: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (last edited Feb 06, 2015 05:23AM) (new)

UPDATE 2/6/15 - Nicholette Campbell has granted us an Awesome Author Interview. Be sure to read the story behind Soul Chaser Volume #1 HERE:

Interview: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Lisa Redfern In the prologue of Soul Chaser the main character challenges one to consider an alternate pattern of life...or death.

"My life begin and ends with a death. Mine," says Raven.

I thought that this was an unusual beginning. It certainly made me want to continue reading.

message 6: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

That -is- a rather intriguing opening line, isn't it?

Lisa Redfern It took me a little while to get into the rhythm of Raven's jumps into other people. Anyone else have similar feelings?