Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers! discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
The Mortal Instruments TV SHOW - Casting!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 244 (244 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (agentstarling13) | 22 comments The Mortal Instruments TV SHOW is being made by Constantin Film - who do you think might/should be casted?

These are my ideas...

https://trailerpark13.wordpress.com/2...

Itxamara | 779 comments There are a few I don't like from your preference, which is, Valentine, Isabelle, and Sebastian. Otherwise I like them all. Valentine could be the guys from The Originals, Klaus, and Sebastian should be played by Conor McLain. Conor and Klaus are the perfect combination of father and son, because they supposedly look ALOT alike so yeah, klaus is blonde, he has that sinister look and smile, he can be very scary, he's also funny lol. For Isabelle I've never actually played attention but the girl on that website doesn't have the pale skin as Isabelle.

message 3: by Natalie (last edited Feb 01, 2015 09:36AM) (new)

Natalie (agentstarling13) | 22 comments Well, actors don't necessarily like to be typecasted, and since the actor Joseph Morgan, who plays Klaus in The Originals, will not play this role because his show is already successful and too close to TMI. I very much agree with you on Connor McLain. He has the looks - but does he have the talent? Having worked with talent for a bit - you can have the look but no talent and then people won't believe the character. Sure, you can teach acting, but why not get an actor who can already act and alter the look (which is much easier)?

Also, with Isabelle, she may not have the "look" in the clips shown, but makeup artists can work wonders.

Itxamara | 779 comments Morgan can play the role, I heard the originals only have 3 seasons however if not then there should be someone as good as him, I love his acting. McLain is very talented, I saw an article where he was asked about people saying he was the Sebastian, and he seemed pleased, he can be that sinister as well, that's why I like him to play Sebastian. I look for looks and talent, both are important for fans, that's how you can make a movie/tv show successful.

Hurrikan Kathrina  (hurrikankathrina) Well, I love the idea of Evan Peters for Sebastian. He doesn't really look how I pictured Sebby, but he is PERFECT for switching from a cute, innocent, beautiful smile to sinister or even just bat-shit crazy.
And then can just as quickly switch back and make you doubt if he's really that evil, because of his angelic smile.
He would be a great actor for Sebby!

For Valentine, I also liked the idea of Michael Fassbender.

Tess (tessmr) | 23 comments I definitely agree with Evan Peters as Sebastian (as most readers do). I'd also be excited about Mclain since he's so enthusiastic about the books, I feel like he would really try to do it justice. As for Jamie, I really hated how he portrayed Jace in the movie, BUT his personality in real life is so much closer to the Jace I imagined. If he'd be able to bring that to the role, I'd be okay with it. When the movie was first coming out I wanted Alex Pettyfer to play Jace, but now I don't think so. I've never seen him play a Jace like character, someone extremely charismatic and charming.

I'm not sure who specifically for Valentine, definitely someone older who doesn't look like a damn pirate.

message 7: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (agentstarling13) | 22 comments Ha! The pirate comment cracked me up...

Itxamara | 779 comments Alex Pettyfer played a good character is Beastly and also, I agree about Jamie Campbell, I think he tried too hard to be JACE that he spoiled his own spark as JACE. Physically he wasn't what I wanted but the acting tends to be more important.

Tess (tessmr) | 23 comments Yeah, for me I rarely care about an actors appearance in regards to the character unless that appearance had actual substance or meaning to the story

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 281 comments I think that Jamie did try to hard to Jace too.

message 11: by Emma (last edited Feb 08, 2015 03:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma | 1 comments Book-Valentine looked classy, handsome and buisinesslike(I think he was wearing a gray suit, when he was first introduced.) Which made him look intimidating. In the movie he indeed, looked like a pirate..... I know this isn't an option, but while reading the books, I imagined Valentine as Jason Isaacs.

Brittney S. | 5 comments I like the cast they used for the movie. I think they should keep it. The cast has grown really close and they are great at their roles. Although, I feel like Valentine should look more like he's described in the book, i.e. almost white hair. There are a few physical appearance aspects to look at but other than that the cast is great and shouldn't be changed.

message 13: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (Herondalle) | 69 comments OMG YES! You chose theee most perfect people escpeically for Jace and Seb.

message 14: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (Herondalle) | 69 comments OMG YES! You chose theee most perfect people escpeically for Jace and Seb.

message 15: by Natalie (last edited Feb 08, 2015 07:22AM) (new)

Natalie (agentstarling13) | 22 comments I was watching a Spanish flick last night and was introduced to this guy:. Alex Maruny

I think he would be a great Raphael.

Him or Avan Jogia.

em ♥ (bbtheque) I do really envy you guys, I still didn't find any actor that fits the Jace that I pictured in my mind. I mean, Jamie was fine (but just because I like him - as an actor, in interviews and so on)
https://thebibliotheque.wordpress.com/

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 281 comments Emma wrote: "Book-Valentine looked classy, handsome and buisinesslike(I think he was wearing a gray suit, when he was first introduced.) Which made him look intimidating. In the movie he indeed, looked like a p..."

I could see that one!

message 18: by Den (new) - rated it 4 stars

Den (reblued) If they screw up this TV show too, I'm going to definitely lose it.. You've got some lovely choices for Clary and Jocelyn ^^
As for Alec, I just came upon this guy Lyle Lettau and while I'm not familiar with his acting, I think he's really got the face for the role. I mean...

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm850066176...#

Brandie (tsunderondale) Omfg I almost jumped up and down when I saw Molly C. Quinn as Clary. She is perf omg. And that's not just my Castle fandom coming out but she is so great! I felt that Lily Collins looked great for the part but didnt act great if that makes sense? And Evan Peters as Sebastian? Freaking genius! I adore him to say the least ;) This is just great. Everything about it. This hit the proverbial nail on the head.

Itxamara | 779 comments You know I saw Alex Pettyfer as Jace and then when I saw the guy that people say is perfect to be Will, I was more convinced about Alex Pettyfer. They look alike in some ways that it would make perfect sense for Will to be his ancestor :3 however I can't wait for the show to be out!!!!! <3333

Mariana (marianad) | 7 comments Alex Pettyfer as Jace would be perfect and I would keep Lily Collins as Clary. Even though I love Jamie Campbell Bower, I think Alex looks more similar to Jace than Jamie does honestly.

Itxamara | 779 comments Omg! I hate how they are gonna age up the characters,

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 281 comments I just saw that it's going to be on ABC Family.

Leah-Marie Villafana (leah_le_reader) | 16 comments Great I don't even have ABC Family.

message 26: by Tess (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tess (tessmr) | 23 comments Leah you'll be able to watch it online :)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 75 comments So excited for this show. And I love abc family!

Leah-Marie Villafana (leah_le_reader) | 16 comments Tess wrote: "Leah you'll be able to watch it online :)"
Most online sites are blocks in my region but I'll go some extra searching.

message 29: by Cam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cam (camdjok) | 4 comments Godfrey Gao has to be Magnus on the show, he is exactly what I imagined. The rest of the cast needs to be changed.
I'd loooove to see Molly C. Quinn as Clary and Alex Pettyfer as Jace.
I hope they find a perfect guy to play Alec because honestly he'll have to fulfil my (high)expectations.

Hannah (hannahsmanyhobbies) Alex would be the PERFECT Jace!!!!

Nellie ☾ (derpnerys) | 25 comments I still want Robert Sheehan and Godfrey Gao. Can't really say for the others. As for Sebby, anyone who can perfect the 'Ramsay Bolton (GoT)' look that would make you want to constantly slap him coz he's so evil--then that'll work for me xD

George B. | 7 comments I want a cast than can act and looks like the characters.But I just want a good portrayal of the characters,I won't mind if they change the appearances or anything.MUCH.

message 33: by Natalie (last edited Apr 05, 2015 05:53PM) (new)

Natalie (agentstarling13) | 22 comments Fellow fans! Here are some leaked auditions for the Shadowhunters TV show on ABC Family - what do you think?!

The only one that I liked was the guy in the blue shirt that auditioned for Simon - he was the next best thing to Robert Sheehan!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/shad...

message 34: by Tess (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tess (tessmr) | 23 comments Yeah, I saw those before, blue shirt guy is the only one I like as well. The rest have pretty crappy acting skills.

message 35: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (agentstarling13) | 22 comments Ok guys- there is an actor named Eugene Lee Young (works at Buzzfeed) and he would be PERFECT for Magnus Bane!! Look him up!

I think Godfrey Gao is great, but if they were to change it, Eugene would be amazing.

message 36: by Tess (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tess (tessmr) | 23 comments I LOVE EUGENE. I didn't know he was an actor! He'd be fantastic as Magnus.

message 37: by Tess (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tess (tessmr) | 23 comments I think that would bring a lot of people to the show as well, people are obsessed with him.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I really don't want lily Collins to play clary again. Here's an idea get a natural red head (or at least a blonde to dye it red) this time.

message 39: by Kyra (new) - added it

Kyra (valyria) | 1 comments I don't really understand the appeal with Alex Pettyfer playing Jace. I just don't see it I guess, and from the movies I've seen that he's been in, he seems to play more romance-driven characters, like Nicholas Sparks movies or something (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really know his work or anything about him). I don't have any suggestions for Jace myself, because I felt like Jamie was quite good (although I do agree he tried a bit too hard at Jace's personality), but I would love if at least Robert Sheehan stayed on as Simon. I'm a big fan of him as it is and he has that funny, witty, charming humour that kind of embodies Simon's character (plus he's a total cutie). Loved how Godfrey Gao looked as Magnus but I felt he didn't really command attention the way Magnus would when he walks into a room, and I just felt that he didn't really capture his personality very well. Obviously Lily, Lena and Jamie won't be coming back for the TV Show, and I doubt neither Jemima or Kevin will, but I do have hopes with Robert as Simon!!!

Maria (mkayeoo) | 55 comments I hope they cast no-name/not very well known actors :) it'll be nice to see new faces instead of the usual popular choices I reckon!

George B. | 7 comments Im not very happy with the Molly Quinn playing Clary rumor.She's not bad or something but I just cant Picture her as Clary.

George B. | 7 comments After watching the auditions I feel like the show will be some kind of supernatural pretty little liars.Seriously,the script is weird.

message 43: by Tess (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tess (tessmr) | 23 comments The script may change, those were probably sent out about a month ago and they're working on a new draft (after meeting with Cassie). I think a huge amount of it seeming weird (which it did) was because all of the actors were pretty shitty.

message 44: by Maddie (new) - added it

Maddie | 44 comments I think Daniel Sharman would be a good Jace. He would have to dye his hair, but I think he would be really good at having those light and sarcastic moments but also the fierce ones too. I also kind of like Parker Croft as Sebastien. He's definitely got the brooding down (which is how I see Sebastien in CoLS and CoHF). I think he could also be really good at the twisted, bipolar thing Sebastien has going for him. Just my thoughts though!

Bianca (bambibianca) | 8 comments I'm so confused are they keeping it as a movie or tv series?

message 46: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (agentstarling13) | 22 comments It is a TV series, hosted by ABC Family

George B. | 7 comments I think Emma Stone could be a nice Clary.

message 48: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (agentstarling13) | 22 comments Alexandra Park would be an AMAZING Isabelle.

Itxamara | 779 comments Omg Emma Stone is exactly how I pictured Clary, small, redhead, big green eyes, and with the freckles and all...

George B. | 7 comments Itxamara wrote: "Omg Emma Stone is exactly how I pictured Clary, small, redhead, big green eyes, and with the freckles and all..."

RIGHT?!?!?!She's perfect

« previous 1 3 4 5