Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

The Canterville Ghost
This topic is about The Canterville Ghost
Oscar Wilde Collection > The Canterville Ghost - NO SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renato (last edited Feb 01, 2015 06:31AM) (new)

Renato (renatomrocha) This thread is for general discussion of our February 2015 Old School Read, The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde. Please do not post spoilers in this thread. If you want to discuss specifics of the plot, use this topic instead.

Happy reading! :-)

message 2: by Renato (new)

Renato (renatomrocha) As I won't be able to read this one with the group, I'm looking for someone who could volunteer as a discussion leader. It's really not that much of work, take a look at this thread (1st message) to see how you can help me out! Thanks!

message 3: by Katy, New School Classics (last edited Feb 01, 2015 05:53PM) (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 9437 comments Mod
Just downloaded this Free Kindle Version

message 4: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 9437 comments Mod
Also free at Project Gutenberg: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/14522

And audio at LibriVox: https://librivox.org/search?q=The%20C...

Several movies and even an opera it looks like. And to think I did not know this work even existed. I'll give it a try.

Philina | 1562 comments I saw a childrens' movie with this story when I was a kid, but I didn't know either that it was based on a book, let alone a classic.

Aleta | 106 comments I read this last month, knew it existed, but hadn't paid any attention to what it was about or anything until I saw it was foing to be a groupread here. I liked it, but didn't love it. I much prefer the play I read by Wilde (Importance of Being Earnest, which was great btw!)
This story didn't feel as focussed to me.

message 7: by Carla (new)

Carla Sams (carlasamsyahoocom) | 3 comments Haven't stopped lol. Loved it. Downloaded the kindle version. Couldn't put it down.

Aleta | 106 comments Mary wrote: "Aleta wrote: "I read this last month, knew it existed, but hadn't paid any attention to what it was about or anything until I saw it was foing to be a groupread here. I liked it, but didn't love it..."

I had no idea, that is amazing. He was such a great writer :)

message 9: by Julie (new)

Julie | 643 comments I remember loving a cartoon (or maybe doll version?) of this when I was a kid, absolutely loved it, after the reading the story they seem to be very similar

Catching up on Classics (and lots more!)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Canterville Ghost (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Oscar Wilde (other topics)