Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > February 2015 Purchases

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (last edited Feb 01, 2015 06:15AM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1864 comments Mod
Share here those February book buys you love.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I am waiting for my income tax return then I know I will let the book buying monster free.

message 3: by Cammie (last edited Feb 28, 2015 09:41PM) (new)

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg My Bookstore Writers Celebrate Their Favorite Places to Browse, Read, and Shop by Ronald Rice Arrival (Smallville Series for Young Adults, #1) by Michael Teitelbaum

Hot X Algebra Exposed by Danica McKellar (yeah not fascinating, but I'm trying to study algebra)

message 5: by Joseph (new)

First book of February: Forbidden (Otherworld Stories, #10.2) by Kelley Armstrong

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Taylor The Painter From Shanghai by Jennifer Cody Epstein Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Working with Denied Child Abuse The Resolutions Approach by Andrew Turnell
And it's only the second of the month. I wish I could count on an income tax return like Tammy to finance some of this.

message 7: by Trinity (new)

Trinity The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1) by Robert Galbraith Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1) by Pierce Brown those are the only ones so far.

message 8: by Thom (new)

Mariel (TheCrownedGoddessReads) (marieru) | 88 comments The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1) by Pierce Brown I just needed the hardcover edition :)

message 10: by Shauna (last edited Feb 05, 2015 09:50AM) (new)

Shauna Castle | 105 comments Only two so far: The Shadow Cabinet (Shades of London, #3) by Maureen Johnson Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

message 12: by Joseph (new)

A couple more orders in: Bless Her Dead Little Heart (Southern Sisters, #1) by Miranda James Only Enchanting (The Survivors' Club, #4) by Mary Balogh Cunningham's Guide to Hawaiian Magic & Spirituality by Scott Cunningham

message 13: by Amelia (new)

message 14: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments Went to book fair at a nearby library and bought the following
Ahab's Wife by Sena Naslund pb, Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn pb, I, Elizabeth by Rosalind Miles pb, The 9th Girl by Tami Hoag hb, Chocolat by Joanne Harris pb, The Master Quilter by Jennifer Chiaverini hb, A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy Hb, Under the Dome by Stephen King large pb, Sweet Salt Air by Barbara Delinsky hb, The Scottish Chiefs by Jane Porter hb, Ireland Awakening by Edward Rutherford large pb, Christmas Wedding by James Patterson hb, A Family Christmas selected by Caroline Kennedy hb, It's Not Easy Being Green by Jim Henson hb, The Wily O'Reilly by Patrick Taylor hb, Cats a feline Potpourri mini hb, The Purr-fect Little Book of Cats by Robyn Officer mini hb, Smitten with Kittens mini hb plus several others bought for my husband, son and mom in law.

message 15: by Kirstie (new)

Kirstie Ellen (kirstieellen) | 61 comments Well I ordered The Miniaturist for my Mum's birthday . . . but mainly so I could read it myself :3

The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton

message 16: by Shauna (last edited Feb 10, 2015 05:50PM) (new)

message 17: by Joseph (new)

A bunch of deliveries today: Me...Jane by Patrick McDonnell Ghost Killer (Ghost Seer, #3) by Robin D. Owens Jaguar Pride (Heart of the Jaguar, #4) by Terry Spear Panther Prowling (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #17) by Yasmine Galenorn License to Dill by Mary Ellen Hughes As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust (Flavia de Luce, #7) by Alan Bradley Weeds How Vagabond Plants Gatecrashed Civilisation and Changed the Way We Think About Nature by Richard Mabey
and a couple off the library's used book shelf: First Daughter (Jack McClure, #1) by Eric Van Lustbader Eggsecutive Orders (A White House Chef Mystery, #3) by Julie Hyzy

message 18: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 363 comments A new release and some cheap books I found, was a good day!

Obsession in Death (In Death, #40) by J.D. Robb The Madam of Maple Court by Joan Elizabeth Lloyd Highland Sanctuary (Highlands #2) by Jennifer Hudson Taylor The Gatekeeper's Sons (Gatekeeper's Saga, #1) by Eva Pohler The Dying of the Light End by Jason Kristopher The Slough of Despond (The Reality War, #1) by Tim C. Taylor The Bite on the Line (Bytarend) by Simon Cantan A Dead Red Cadillac (A Dead Red, #1) by R.P. Dahlke Faelorehn (The Otherworld Trilogy, #1) by Jenna Elizabeth Johnson The Highlander's Hope (Highland Heart, #1) by Cali MacKay

message 19: by Shauna (new)

Shauna Castle | 105 comments Found (Mickey Bolitar, #3) by Harlan Coben from BookOutlet

Another series completed.

message 20: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 57 comments The Psychopath Test A Journey Through the Madness Industry by Jon Ronson Ultraviolet (Ultraviolet, #1) by R.J. Anderson Ash by Malinda Lo The Famous Five's Survival Guide by Enid Blyton The Famous Five one is for my nephew but I might be tempted to have a little dabble before he gets it!

message 21: by Lára (new)

Lára  | 174 comments The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch

(that exact edition, unfortunately) I´m not happy with paper they used. Like with the first two books in the series, I´ll have to specifically order the editions I want.

message 22: by Joseph (new)

Had a little fun at the used book store today: High Profile (Jesse Stone, #6) by Robert B. Parker Small Vices (Spenser, #24) by Robert B. Parker Double Deuce (Spenser, #19) by Robert B. Parker Pastime (Spenser, #18) by Robert B. Parker Stardust (Spenser, #17) by Robert B. Parker Bones of the Lost (Temperance Brennan #16) by Kathy Reichs Bones Are Forever (Temperance Brennan, #15) by Kathy Reichs Memnoch the Devil (The Vampire Chronicles, #5) by Anne Rice The Tale of the Body Thief (The Vampire Chronicles, #4) by Anne Rice The Queen of the Damned (The Vampire Chronicles, #3) by Anne Rice Loamhedge (Redwall, #16) by Brian Jacques Lord Brocktree (Redwall, #13) by Brian Jacques The Legend of Luke (Redwall, #12) by Brian Jacques Marlfox (Redwall, #11) by Brian Jacques Pearls of Lutra (Redwall, #9) by Brian Jacques Outcast of Redwall (Redwall, #8) by Brian Jacques The Bellmaker (Redwall, #7) by Brian Jacques Ahab's Wife, or The Star-Gazer by Sena Jeter Naslund

message 23: by Rhiannon (new)

Rhiannon (rhiannonhall) | 3 comments The Miniaturist

I bought this in a small independant Bookshop Cafe. It was amazing, eating cake and browsing books, what more would anyone want!

message 24: by Joseph (last edited Feb 17, 2015 02:45PM) (new)

Got a cool find at the local school's Scholastic Book Fair: Molecules The Elements and the Architecture of Everything by Theodore Gray

message 25: by Louise (new)

Louise | 280 comments If you're in to ebooks there's a great bargain here from Subterranean Press (that I just bought :-)

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

message 26: by Kirstie (new)

Kirstie Ellen (kirstieellen) | 61 comments Finally started buying this series, I've read the first after borrowing it from a friend and then decided it was so good I NEEDED it. Along came a sale and hey presto, Poison Study and Magic Study are now on my shelf.

Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder

message 27: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments WEEEEEEEEEE, just got in a UPS delivery, "Barbecue and Bad News" by Nancy Naigle a Goodreads give away from Montlake Romance books.
And, I went to Books a Million in Edwardsville and I purchsed "Lost Lake" by Sarah Addison Allen HB for $6.97, "We are Water" by Wally Lamb HB $6.97 and for my grandson "Doctor Prockter's Fart Powder" by Jo Nesbo hb for $3.97

message 28: by Joseph (new)

A couple of nice used deliveries: Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern Hero (Woodcutter Sisters #2) by Alethea Kontis The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories by Angela Carter and a new one: The Turning Season (Shifting Circle, #3) by Sharon Shinn

message 29: by Thom (new)

Thom Swennes (Yorrick) | 592 comments Ilean, your enthusiasm is both inspiring and contagious.

message 31: by Lin (new)

Lin | 266 comments I used to love to read Beatrice Small. Especially her stories about Skye. You stirred up some happy memories for me, Thom

message 33: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 57 comments Acid by Emma Pass Slide (Slide, #1) by Jill Hathaway The Kill Order (Maze Runner, #0.5) by James Dashner The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner Bizarrely they had the prequel, book one and book three but not book two... so there's probably at least one more to be bought once I get round to reading them!

message 34: by Jool (new)

Jool (jools4853) I simply ask for Amazon (or Kindle) cards for Christmas, birthday, etc. Then I savorrrrrrr the fact I have x $$ to spend on books. I LOVE books. They are my life! (well, that and my dobies). OK: quick recommendation - if you have Kindle be SURE to purchase the Kindle Unlimited option. $9.99 per month for thousands of free books. You can have 10 checked out at a time. I have paid for SO MANY books that I find now I could have read for free. Anyway, back to the topic: For February:
The Opium Eater: A Life Of Thomas De Quincey
Wife Number Seven
The Silent Girls
Etiquette & Espionage
Irreparable Harm

OK, I have more, but let's just say I am retired and THIS is what I *DO* LOL!!!!!!! OMG I love life.
Jool in N. Texas

message 35: by Shauna (new)

Shauna Castle | 105 comments Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

One more for February from BookOutlet

message 36: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments Another weeeeeeeeeeeeeee not a purchase but the big brown shaky truck gave me a Goodreads giveaway book "Magic for Beginners" stories by Kelly Link. Also, my daughter got me "An Irish Country Wedding" by Patrick Taylor. She so sweet and I turned her into a bookaholic. She has been severely plagued with bookaholism.

message 37: by Veronika (new)

Veronika (vforveronika) Not a buy but I got The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl by Issa Rae as a surprise in the mail from my brother and sister-in-law. They know me so well lol! This is also just in time for the book signing that I will be going to for this book on Wednesday (hopefully I can get my copy signed and get another signed copy to send back to my sister-in-law).

message 38: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments OMG, not a purchase but another Goodreads giveaway that arrive today! "My Name Is Resolute" by Nancy E. Turner trade paper.
I love the cover art. Can't wait to read it but I'm in the middle of another book at the moment. I can't read two books at once.

message 39: by Jool (new)

Jool (jools4853) OMG! How do you get these Goodreads giveaways ??

message 40: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 57 comments All My Friends are Superheroes by Andrew Kaufman I'd say it'll probably be my last buy of February but I have the doctors' tomorrow and work Saturday and both of those = close proximity to shops with books, so...

message 41: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments Jool wrote: "OMG! How do you get these Goodreads giveaways ??"

Look at top left of your Goodreads home page, look for the word "Explore". Hit Explore and go to giveaways, then to more giveaways. Select what you would like to enter to win. Put in your name, address etc. hit enter.
So awesome, last year I got about 7 books, this year I am already at 6.

message 43: by Jool (new)

Jool (jools4853) Ilean, thank you thank you thank you!!! Goodreads is already great, and the more I find out the better it gets.
Ilean wrote: "Jool wrote: "OMG! How do you get these Goodreads giveaways ??"

Look at top left of your Goodreads home page, look for the word "Explore". Hit Explore and go to giveaways, then to more giveaways. S..."

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) I got this for my birthday, along with an old Superman comic collectable, although I got it in box set form. Have so little box sets but they can be nice.

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare

message 45: by Rene (new)

Rene | 27 comments February has been a feast of books for me. I think I have enough to last through April! But I know that I will continue to search for new ones each day as the "hunt" is never-ending.
This month I have purchased;
Poe-Land by JW Ocker
40 Days to a Joy Filled Life by Tommy Newberry
The Devil in the Marshalsea by Antonia Hodgson
My Sunshine Away by MO Walsh
The Silent Wife by ASA Harrison
First Impressions by Charlie Lovett
River of Darkness by Rennie Airth
Crazy Love You by Lisa Unger
The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Loose Ends by Terri Reid
Good Tidings by Terri Reid

Very excited about my finds!

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Rene wrote: "February has been a feast of books for me. I think I have enough to last through April! But I know that I will continue to search for new ones each day as the "hunt" is never-ending.
This month ..."

Good haul! I haven't read Eleanor and Park yet but want that one. Looks like a good list of books.

message 48: by Thom (new)

Thom Swennes (Yorrick) | 592 comments It looks as if February has been a slow month for buying. Hopefully March with be more productive.