2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)
This topic is about Fifty Shades Freed
. Week 5: Number in Title > Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sophie (sawphie) I started the trilogy two years ago and never got around reading the last one. One of my 2015 resolution is to finish a maximum of series I started, so I needed to add this one to this challenge.

I don't have great expectations about this book. I found the first one a good entertainment and the love story a little bit different compared to what I read in the past. The second one was much more boring and threw me off reading the last one. The writing is quite bad (I remember wanting to throw the book every time she bit her lip) and I sense that the end will not please me, but I still want to read it (yeah, a little masochistic, I know ;) )

message 2: by Laura, Mod (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laura | 599 comments Mod
This is also where I stopped. You'll have to update with what you think. I kept starting it and then not getting into it enough. So I would stop when I saw a book that actually looked interesting. I think I only made it about 20 pages in every time.

message 3: by Busy (new)

Busy | 65 comments Did you finish it? I started reading out of curiosity but have gotten 1/4 of the way through and STILL nothing interesting had happened. When does it get start getting *interesting* with the dungeon?

message 4: by Laura, Mod (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laura | 599 comments Mod
Stephanie wrote: "Did you finish it? I started reading out of curiosity but have gotten 1/4 of the way through and STILL nothing interesting had happened. When does it get start getting *interesting* with the dungeon?"

Are you reading the first book or Fifty Shades Freed? It's been a while since I read the first book but I remember being pretty hooked on it. I'm guessing that if you're not into it by now then it's probably not for you.

message 5: by Busy (new)

Busy | 65 comments I am still on the first book.

Sophie (sawphie) I finished it but it really was an ordeal. It is a shame because the first book was a good entertainment, but I had to force myself to read the last one. Maybe 1/4 of the book is story actually "happening" and the rest is just boring Christian and Ana couple stuff. It just didn't do anything for me, but I'm glad I finished the trilogy so I can put it behind me.