Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVED Team challenges > Team Watson

Comments Showing 1-50 of 254 (254 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (last edited Mar 24, 2015 07:48PM) (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 6295 comments Mod
Team Members
A.M.
Angie
Brittany
Dawn
Melanie

Fairlee

message 2: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (last edited Feb 01, 2015 04:37AM) (new)

message 3: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (last edited Feb 01, 2015 04:39AM) (new)

The Peg Colors

Black: Read a book with a cover featuring black as a prominent color; or a book with the title, author's first or last name, series, or one of the main character's first or last name beginning with B.

Blue: Read a book with a cover featuring blue as a prominent color; or a book with the title, author's first or last name, series, or one of the main character's first or last name beginning with B.

Brown: Read a book with a cover featuring brown as a prominent color; or a book with the title, author's first or last name, series, or one of the main character's first or last name beginning with B.

Green: Read a book with a cover featuring green as a prominent color; or a book with the title, author's first or last name, series, or one of the main character's first or last name beginning with G.

Orange: Read a book with a cover featuring orange as a prominent color; or a book with the title, author's first or last name, series, or one of the main character's first or last name beginning with O.

Red: Read a book with a cover featuring red as a prominent color; or a book with the title, author's first or last name, series, or one of the main character's first or last name beginning with R.

White: Read a book with a cover featuring white as a prominent color; or a book with the title, author's first or last name, series, or one of the main character's first or last name beginning with W.

Yellow: Read a book with a cover featuring yellow as a prominent color; or a book with the title, author's first or last name, series, or one of the main character's first or last name beginning with Y.

message 4: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (last edited Feb 01, 2015 04:39AM) (new)

How Answering Work
0-5 key pegs may be given on a turn.
For each peg that is the correct color but in the wrong location, a white key peg will be placed.
For each peg that is the correct color and in the correct location, a black key peg will be placed.

Book Requirements:
❀Must be 100+ pages
❀May be read in any format (print, ebook, audio, etc.)
❀Manga, Comics, graphic novels, cookbooks, etc. are not allowed.
❀You may reread a book for the challenge, it's not preferred but it is allowed. The book must be read in it's entirety, not just skimmed. You may not, however, reread a book that you used already for this challenge.
❀All books used for the challenge MUST be started AFTER the team decides what their guess is going to be. If you realize a book you've already started would be a perfect fit for the challenge, you may restart it and then it will count - but only if you restart it.

message 5: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new)

Reserved

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments hey guys! looking forward to playing with you. with my crazy schedule right now, I cannot be captain.

message 7: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9592 comments Mod
Hi everyone! I'm looking forward to starting this game.

I was thinking there are a couple different ways we could decide our first guess:

1: We could all just pick which color works best for us and then combine them for the guess
2. We could pick a color, as a team, and then all read a book for that color, hence either eliminating that color or finding out how many there are of said color.

What do you all think?

message 8: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (ksnapier) | 670 comments I like either suggestion

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 337 comments I've never played this before. So I'd rather not be captain. I like both suggestions. Whatever the team decides works for me.

message 10: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments I'm also fine with either way.

message 11: by Fairlee (new)

Fairlee Corkran | 16 comments I Like the idea of us reading different colors but I m fine with either decisionl HI I M HERE

message 12: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Yay! Glad we're all here! I can be captain, since no one else wants to. Because we are all fine with either option, I say we each just pick a color based on our next read for week one.

I'll be reading Vines of Entanglement by Lisa Carter , my color choice is Black.

Once we all decide our book/color, we can submit our guess and start reading! :)

message 13: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments The Trouble with Patience (Virtues and Vices of the Old West Book #1) A Novel by Maggie Brendan This one should pass for Blue.

message 14: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Feb 01, 2015 05:33PM) (new)

Dawn wrote: "The Trouble with Patience (Virtues and Vices of the Old West Book #1) A Novel by Maggie Brendan This one should pass for Blue."

Yep! It works two ways -- one the cover and two the author's last name starts with "B". :)

message 15: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Feb 11, 2015 11:09AM) (new)

Guess One Update Post:

1. Black (Melanie) | On the Fence by Kasie West 2/8/15, 5 stars
2. Blue (Dawn) | The Trouble with Patience (Virtues and Vices of the Old West, #1) by Maggie Brendan 2/10/15, 4 stars
3. Red (Angie ~aka Reading Machine~) | Burned (Fever, #7) by Karen Marie Moning 2/6/15, 4 stars
4. Green (A.M.) | Widow of Gettysburg (Heroines Behind the Lines #2) by Jocelyn Green 2/10/15, 5 stars
5. Brown (Fairlee) | The Quotient of Murder (Sophie Knowles #4) by Ada Madison 2/6/15, 4 stars

message 16: by Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (last edited Feb 01, 2015 11:06PM) (new)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 337 comments My color choice is red. My book is Burned (Fever, #7) by Karen Marie Moning .

message 17: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "My color choice is red. My book is Playing With Fire (Silver Dragons, #1) by Katie MacAlister."

Great! Added it to the update post.

message 18: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Heath | 69 comments Hello everyone!! I've never played before but I'm excited to give it a go. :) I'm reading Widow Of Gettysburg by Jocelyn Green so my color choice is Green. Widow of Gettysburg (Heroines Behind the Lines #2) by Jocelyn Green

message 19: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments so once we have all picked a color we start?

message 20: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Hi A.M.! I'll add your choice to our 1st guess post. Only one more color choice and I'll be able to submit it and we can start our books. :)

message 21: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Dawn wrote: "so once we have all picked a color we start?"

Yep!

message 22: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Heath | 69 comments Melanie wrote: "Hi A.M.! I'll add your choice to our 1st guess post. Only one more color choice and I'll be able to submit it and we can start our books. :)"

Yippee!! Just to clarify, I know we can't start the book before the challenge, but am I to wait till the entire group submits the guess? I haven't started yet, but I just wanted to know.

message 23: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Yes, we have to wait to start our book until our entire team submits its guess.

message 24: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Heath | 69 comments Thanks :)

message 25: by Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (last edited Feb 01, 2015 11:07PM) (new)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 337 comments Did we get the clue or did I miss that part? I updated my earlier post to a different book.

message 26: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Angie, we'll get the clue once we submit our first guess. If you click the spreadsheet (message 2), you'll see it's blank right now. Megan will give us black, white, or no pegs depending on the accuracy of our guess and then we'll continue guessing to try and completely solve it. Hope that makes sense :/

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 337 comments I think so.

message 28: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new)

Rule Change
Melanie and I discussed how choosing colors should work and decided that as soon as a player confirms the color they are choosing (and their team agrees) they can begin reading that book. After choosing a color, you may decide to read a different book than you originally planned - as long as the new book was started after your decision.

The guess at the code will still be submitted once all players have decided, but this way you don't have to wait to start reading :)

message 29: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Heath | 69 comments Great, thanks!

message 30: by Fairlee (new)

Fairlee Corkran | 16 comments brown- The Quotient of Murder (Sophie Knowles #4) by Ada Madison

message 31: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Submitted our first guess. Once we finish our books and post, we will know how close we are to the correct combination. :)

message 32: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments Melanie wrote: "Submitted our first guess. Once we finish our books and post, we will know how close we are to the correct combination. :)"
I'll start my book this weekend. This week got away from me.

message 33: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

No worries. I haven't started my book yet either, but will try to get it done soon.

message 34: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Heath | 69 comments What do we do when we're done reading. I assume we announce it here. Are we required to post a review or anything?

message 35: by Fairlee (new)

Fairlee Corkran | 16 comments The Quotient of Murder-now coming after the heawho mug the quiet math major and left her to die? WHY are they now coming after the head of the math department? 4 stars finished 2/6/15

message 36: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Feb 06, 2015 03:42PM) (new)

A.M. wrote: "What do we do when we're done reading. I assume we announce it here. Are we required to post a review or anything?"

We post that we finished the book (with a link to said book), the date we finished, our rating, and our review (can be short!).

message 37: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Fairlee wrote: "The Quotient of Murder-now coming after the heawho mug the quiet math major and left her to die? WHY are they now coming after the head of the math department? 4 stars finished ..."

Woohoo! Congrats on being the first to post! Will update our thread. :D

message 38: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I'm going to be reading this book instead for Black On the Fence by Kasie West (main male character is Braden). Will be finished this weekend!

message 39: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Heath | 69 comments Melanie wrote: "A.M. wrote: "What do we do when we're done reading. I assume we announce it here. Are we required to post a review or anything?"

We post that we finished the book (with a link to said book), the d..."

TY :)

message 40: by Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (last edited Feb 06, 2015 10:07PM) (new)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 337 comments Red book
Burned (Fever, #7) by Karen Marie Moning by Karen Marie Moning
Finished:2/6/15
Rating:4 Stars
Review:If you haven't read The Fever Series. This book is your ticket to fantastic world. If you're fan it will leave you wanting more.

Character Name:Ryodan

message 41: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

WTG, Angie!

Two books down, three to go team! :D

message 42: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Heath | 69 comments I expect to finish Monday, if not sooner. :)

Is it too early to start putting in for our next book? I assume, I wouldn't be able to read it until everyone has finished this round. But is it possible to claim a color and select a book? Lol The planner in me is ready to look out into the next round. It's okay, if I can't. I just thought I'd ask. :)

message 43: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I'm a planner too, so I know exactly what you mean. :)

I'm sure you could unofficially choose your next color, but you might not want said color depending on the answer for our first guess (for instance, if none of the colors are right, which is highly unlikely, then we know not to do any of those colors again).

message 44: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Heath | 69 comments Melanie wrote: "I'm a planner too, so I know exactly what you mean. :)

I'm sure you could unofficially choose your next color, but you might not want said color depending on the answer for our first guess (for i..."

Oooohhh that's true! I completely forgot about that. Lol You can tell this is my first time. ;) I'll get it together...eventually.

message 45: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

:) it can definitely be confusing at first -- especially if you haven't played Mastermind, the game. If you have anymore questions, just ask. :)

message 46: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Feb 08, 2015 03:00AM) (new)

Book for guess #1, Black

On the Fence by Kasie West On the Fence by Kasie West
How it works: main male character is Braden
Finished 2/8/15
Rating: 5 stars
Review: I loved this YA book. It was clean, had great characters, a gripping story, and was just very good.

message 47: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Heath | 69 comments Melanie wrote: ":) it can definitely be confusing at first -- especially if you haven't played Mastermind, the game. If you have anymore questions, just ask. :)"

Thanks! Lol I certainly will! :)

message 48: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Heath | 69 comments Guess for Green
Widow of Gettysburg (Heroines Behind the Lines #2) by Jocelyn Green
Finished: 2/10/15
How it works: Author's last name is Green
Rating: 5 star
Review: Like all of Mrs. Green's books, the Civil War comes to life in vivid detail.

message 49: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Glad you loved your read, A.M.!

Just one more book and we're finished with guess #1!

message 50: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments Guess for Blue
The Trouble with Patience (Virtues and Vices of the Old West, #1) by Maggie Brendan
How it works: Blue predominately on the cover, author's last name.
Finished 2/10/15
Rating - 4 stars
Review - This was cute. Could have used a little more depth, but it was still cute. I enjoyed Patience.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.