The Challenge Factory discussion

A Clean Break (Gay Amish Romance #2)
This topic is about A Clean Break
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Lisa J. & Patricia - A Clean Break

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5375 comments Mod
Lisa J. & Patricia - A Clean Break

Lisa J. | 96 comments I'm getting ready to start this. Finally.

Lisa J. | 96 comments @25 percent: Not much has happened, but I'm liking getting to see them adjust to the English world. I'm glad the book picked up right from the last one, so we don't miss anything. And I love that it's from David's POV this time.

Patricia | 55 comments Hi! I just cracked this one open now...

Patricia | 55 comments @25 percent. You're right not much action but I'm with you it's really interesting watching them adjust through their eyes. I love his brother and his wife! They're both so funny and sweet.

Patricia | 55 comments Okay... So I got in a good chunk of the book, I hit 80 percent just now and shut down my kindle.

So We're not going to get much more then them adapting. I see one niggle bit of angst possibility coming up, but basically this is what I wished Breaking Amish was, Amish kids getting acquainting with the real world.

I'm divided, I don't know if I liked the first or this one better? I think the first was a little more tense for me, I'll await final judgement till I finish tomorrow.

message 7: by Lisa J. (last edited Feb 07, 2015 05:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa J. | 96 comments I think the first one was more tense but I liked getting to getting inside David's head like this. It felt more intimate. His struggles were very vivid. This is definitely more of a character study than a plot-driven book.

My only niggle is I felt like he and Isaac didn't talk enough. I know that was the point -- their lack of meaningful communication -- but even them just sitting there talking about the mundane would have been nice.

I think I could have done without one or two of the sex scenes.

I just finished. I'll await you to finish before talking about the end.

Patricia | 55 comments Groan.... Cliffhanger. Ish. Ending. Boo. I blame you. I soooo would have waited to read this one when I knew the final installment was out LOL.

They did seem to suffer a bit of non communication. It wasn't that I felt there were too many sex scenes, it was more like most of their only interaction was sex.

Well I guess they're going to be going back home, that should be interesting.

message 9: by Lisa J. (last edited Feb 07, 2015 12:17PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa J. | 96 comments The cliffhanger-ish ending didn't bug me for some reason. I can't wait to see how the families react to them. David really seemed to miss home, and I liked that that wasn't glossed over. If it were possible for them to accept his relationship with Isaac, I think he'd stay. He just didn't seem cut out for the city life.

I think you're right -- most of their interaction was sex so that was why it felt like too much sex.

Clark. I knew that was coming.

Patricia | 55 comments Clark was a douche.

I think David wasn't getting acclimated with the city because all his guilt was keeping him from trying.

I'm guessing he's going to be able to work through guilt issues by going back and seeing his family is OK, and having them reject him.

Patricia | 55 comments Are we moving straight into the next BR or do you need to finish something else in the interim?

Lisa J. | 96 comments Hmmm ... you could be right. And the family will no doubt reject them both so I don't see how the guilt will be resolved. I feel kind of bad for the families though. Looks like each is destined to lose more kids to the outside world.

Lisa J. | 96 comments Patricia wrote: "Are we moving straight into the next BR or do you need to finish something else in the interim?"

What's your preference? Either way is fine with me.

Patricia | 55 comments You know.... I really can't muster up any remorse for the families in question. Anyone that can just turn their back to their own children like that, so completely, just makes my blood run cold. I get it, the religion and all... But I guess I really don't get it.

Lisa J. | 96 comments Did you have a favorite scene? Strangely enough, I think mine was when David confessed his drinking and panic attacks to Jen. I think for the first time he believed he mattered to the family.

I also love a good confrontation scene, so I did like when Isaac confronted David about what he saw at the club.

Lisa J. | 96 comments Patricia wrote: "You know.... I really can't muster up any remorse for the families in question. Anyone that can just turn their back to their own children like that, so completely, just makes my blood run cold. I ..."

You're right (damn, is that the third time I've said that?!), parents shouldn't turn on their kids ... but still they're not evil people and they do love their children. I think they do want the best for them in their own way.

Patricia | 55 comments Lisa J. wrote: "Did you have a favorite scene? Strangely enough, I think mine was when David confessed his drinking and panic attacks to Jen. I think for the first time he believed he mattered to the family.

I al..."

The confrontation scene got my blood pumping a little... And it wasn't over the top, I hate you's and die now's so it was a fun scene.

I liked it when Isaac came down to the work shop near the end and said they needed to slow down, and that he missed him. I was starting to doubt him around that point so I was happy to get a reconfirmation of his love.

Lisa J. | 96 comments Patricia wrote: "I liked it when Isaac came down to the work shop near the end and said they needed to slow down, and that he missed him. I was starting to doubt him around that point so I was happy to get a reconfirmation of his love...."

That was a good one. I think I read the next book will be in both POVs, so looking forward to that.

Patricia | 55 comments Lisa J. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "You know.... I really can't muster up any remorse for the families in question. Anyone that can just turn their back to their own children like that, so completely, just makes my b..."

LOL, my favorite words "You're right"... I actually say that to people all the time.

I guess they do want the best for their children, but ultimately if I knew my child was for sure going to hell I still wouldn't pretend they never existed. The way they treated Aaron was just fucked up.

Patricia | 55 comments I agree, I think we both are fans of two POV's.

Lisa J. | 96 comments There were a few times I would have loved to know Isaac's thoughts. Poor Aaron. I did feel terrible for him, and still he jumped without question when the family needed him. Loved the scene when he explained sexual diseases to the boys.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.