The Filipino Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Biweekly Memes > One-Line Love Stories

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Monique (last edited Feb 01, 2015 02:25AM) (new)

Monique (attymonique) | 2126 comments Hello, loves! It's the first day of the love month; can you feel it in the air? :D

(view spoiler)

I'm going to adopt the introduction to the online article that inspired this meme and ask you to read the following:

"For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

Six words, but pretty powerful, right? Some say it's the greatest short story ever written, attributed to Hemingway, but no one can truly confirm.

Anyway, we invite you to write your own one-line story. To make it apt for the love month, let's write our one-line love stories. There's no word count limit, but it has to be just one line, okay? The stories don't also have to be based on your own life or personal experiences (view spoiler), although they can be, if you want to and you don't mind sharing your stories. (view spoiler) ;) You're also not limited to just one story: you can write as many one-line love stories as you can, but post them as one post = one love story. At the end of this activity, I'll choose one or two of the best stories, and the writer will earn a shiny, lovely passport sticker (view spoiler) for it. :D

So, recap!
(1) Write a ONE-LINE love story.
(2) It can be as short or as long as you want, for as long as it is only ONE LINE.
(3) Doesn't have to be based on personal experience, but if you prefer to share, go ahead. :)
(4) Write as many stories as you can! Remember though: one post = one story.

For inspiration, you can check out these one-line stories. (view spoiler)
True confessions: 20 one-line love stories – Brisbane festival
One Sentence. True Stories, told in one sentence.
One Sentence Love Stories

Write away, loves! :)

message 2: by Monique (new)

Monique (attymonique) | 2126 comments I guess I have to start, so here we go:

"The words came tumbling out of my mouth with a ferocity that made me shake, but I made sure no sound reached you; I'm just not ready to be alone."

message 3: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments From a friendly greeting of peace to a tender kiss, it all happened on our favorite church pew.

message 4: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (fanarchist) | 489 comments Their love story came straight out of Shakespeare, but it was the play that had blood running down the stage.

(view spoiler)

message 5: by Angus (new)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments About you: Hi, I'm Angus, 5'6", slim, seeking someone who will always be there in the morning.

message 6: by Ingrid (last edited Feb 09, 2015 03:14AM) (new)

Ingrid (gridni) | 601 comments "I gave you a moment, you gave me forever."

!!(view spoiler)

message 7: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments Entry #1: I never knew envy until I met your wife and daughter.

Sana di pa to nagagamit

message 8: by Gwaxa (new)

Gwaxa | 350 comments Our first kiss started the beginning of the end.

message 9: by Dardenitaaa (new)

Dardenitaaa | 15 comments You loved me because you said my skin was as fragile as my paperbacks; You left because my heart was hardbound.

message 10: by twstrfries (last edited Feb 01, 2015 04:09PM) (new)

twstrfries | 231 comments One day I woke up and the first thing I thought of is, it's not working anymore.

message 11: by Marie (new)

Marie | 295 comments A sms message: "I'm glad u had fun last Friday. So a 2nd date, huh? Um no, sorry. Friends? :-)"

message 12: by Marie (new)

Marie | 295 comments Another one:

"He is such an asshole, I will never do anything for him ever again," she muttered moodily as she cooked, making sure she seasoned his pot roast dinner to perfection.

message 13: by Meliza (new)

Meliza (mecawish) | 720 comments I thought you and she are just friends, same level as you and I, until an ecstatic text message I received from her proved me wrong and broke my heart.

message 14: by Tin (new)

Tin (rabbitin) | 560 comments "I thought you were the one until you weren't" (view spoiler)

message 15: by AennA (new)

AennA (aennabanana) | 536 comments Seven years after, nothing has changed, he knows it will always be a "no."

message 16: by Alexa (last edited Feb 01, 2015 10:06PM) (new)

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments Will just dump everything in spoiler tags kasi I'm shy lol

(view spoiler)

message 17: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Alexa: On your second line: (view spoiler)

message 18: by Louize (new)

Louize (thepagewalker) | 1830 comments The sun spills through the windows, while our feet tangles under the sheets.

message 19: by Maria Ella (last edited Feb 01, 2015 09:18PM) (new)

Maria Ella (mariaellabetos) | 1351 comments "Akala ko sa ba sa lahat, sabay tayo at magkasama?"

message 20: by Marie (new)

Marie | 295 comments Despite being from different worlds (I'm from Mars, and she's from Venus), I managed to get her facephone number, with a matching smile and seductive winks from her three eyes ("Call me anytime,honey"), prompting an anticipating shiver down my spine and on to my twitching tail.

message 21: by Alexa (last edited Feb 01, 2015 10:07PM) (new)

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments Reposting in separate posts kasi di ko pala masyadong nadigest lahat ng instructions. Love is blind kasi. Joke.

(view spoiler)

@Aaron: Wth is that =))

message 22: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments (view spoiler)

message 23: by Alexa (new)

message 24: by AennA (new)

AennA (aennabanana) | 536 comments She handed him the plane tickets, not telling him she threw away hers.

message 25: by Maria Ella (new)

Maria Ella (mariaellabetos) | 1351 comments If you are just riding the waves, why not create the wave itself?

message 26: by JL (last edited Feb 02, 2015 01:40AM) (new)

JL Torres (jltorres) | 137 comments " Our bodies bump in cadence, though we are, for the most part, awkward strangers freshly initiated in the art of walking side by side. "

message 27: by anarki (new)

anarki (deadeyes133) | 380 comments After a thousand poems, it's still you.

message 29: by Rhena (new)

Rhena | 97 comments "I am not myself when I am not with you."

message 30: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments Is loneliness really that bad that you want to gamble your self just to lose it to someone else?

message 31: by bea (new)

bea (beareadss) | 3 comments The spark is contained and it glows hot between us with the searing promise of a wildfire but for now lights up only two faces, and I know after you leave I will stay behind with burns on my skin but I will wear them proudly in our memory.

message 32: by bea (new)

bea (beareadss) | 3 comments There are times when you look at your friend and realize they’ve been much more all along.

message 33: by bea (new)

bea (beareadss) | 3 comments This memory remained, but it's nothing more than just a fantasy, a feel-good story that we keep telling ourselves to preserve the last bit of our innocence.

message 34: by Alexa (last edited Feb 02, 2015 04:53PM) (new)

message 35: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid (gridni) | 601 comments (view spoiler)

message 36: by AennA (new)

AennA (aennabanana) | 536 comments "She signed the papers; he smiled, then she handed him back their wedding ring."

message 37: by AennA (new)

AennA (aennabanana) | 536 comments "He watched her walk towards his direction, crossed his fingers that this time it's because of him, and not just because of the MRT card he's selling."

message 38: by Maria Ella (last edited Feb 02, 2015 07:47PM) (new)

Maria Ella (mariaellabetos) | 1351 comments (view spoiler)

message 39: by Cary (new)

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments (view spoiler)

message 40: by Bennard (new)

Bennard | 730 comments (view spoiler)

message 41: by Monique (new)

Monique (attymonique) | 2126 comments Just like the first, they closed their eyes for their final kiss, and then breathed their last.

message 42: by Aaron Vincent (last edited Feb 03, 2015 10:32PM) (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Two strangers sitting across each other pulled the string at the same spot, at the same time signalling the jeepney to stop and their time together to start.

message 43: by Bennard (new)

Bennard | 730 comments (view spoiler)

message 44: by Vera (new)

Vera (verabear) | 37 comments Dardenitaaa wrote: "You loved me because you said my skin was as fragile as my paperbacks; You left because my heart was hardbound."

Like!!!!

message 45: by Maria Ella (new)

Maria Ella (mariaellabetos) | 1351 comments Benny, (view spoiler)

message 46: by Vera (new)

Vera (verabear) | 37 comments You were just a voice, a blinking green light, but 28 kms and 2 hours of waiting was well worth the 5 minutes of real life interaction that turned into a 14 year journey.

message 47: by Alexa (new)

message 48: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Her mischievous grin was the first sound to penetrate his all too silent world.

message 49: by Louize (new)

Louize (thepagewalker) | 1830 comments Every day starts with coffee for me, and with the morning paper for him; then, it ends with me on the left side of the bed, him on the right, and deafening silence in between.

message 50: by twstrfries (new)

twstrfries | 231 comments There is nothing wrong with us but it's not right either.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.