Monthly Challenges discussion

February 2015 Challenges > February Group Read - " Assassintion Vacation"

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (last edited Feb 01, 2015 02:06AM) (new)

Diana S | 2132 comments Mod
This month's Group Read is:

Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell

message 2: by Diana S (last edited Mar 01, 2015 12:39PM) (new)

Diana S | 2132 comments Mod
Here's the spot to express your thoughts about our group read book for this month.

**(Remember, while & after reading the book, share your thoughts on how you liked the book and you can claim a bonus point.)

message 3: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 725 comments I listened to this on audio back in 2011. You can find my full review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 4: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 446 comments I chose this book for our monthly read for one reason--my friend Mike wouldn't leave me alone until I read it. That said, I thought the book was interesting. The author, Sarah Vowell, reminded me a bit of Jenny Lawson's book, Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir. It was funny and direct, though the political commentary was a bit dated and unnecessary.
I enjoyed the dedication the author brought to the book's topic, but more the fun tone she took to discuss it. I gave the book 3 stars.

message 5: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 725 comments I had it on my TBR since the book first came out - I think I heard about it on NPR? Anyway I was intrigued because this is the kind of stuff I always seem to focus on when I go on vacation - any "odd" museum or historical site captures my attention. So I was really expecting to like it.