2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly
This topic is about The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly
. Week 7: Nonhuman Characters > The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-Mi Hwang

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments This is for Week 7 (Non-human), in case the app decides to put my thread in general.

I'm bending the group rules & skipping ahead to Week 7. I've had a crap January, and I've only just finished my Week 1 book, Moby-Dick. I loved it, but I can't quite face another classic just yet - I need something a little easier on the old brain!

I have never heard of this book before, but I found it in my local library (literally across the road from my apartment). I live in the German-speaking part of Switzerland, so the selection is small, but actually quite good.

I'm really looking forward to reading it - it sounds very sweet.

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments Ok, so I've just finished it.

It broke my heart into a thousand pieces. What a beautiful, beautiful little book.

message 3: by Cait (new)

Cait (clickcait) | 480 comments Just updated this to put it into the right folder. :-)

I think I've heard of this one on a book blog I read. I'll have to look out for it.

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments It seems when you post a thread on the app, it just sticks it in general regardless. Sorry mods!

The book is genuine beauty, Cait. I'd definitely recommend hunting it down. I'm about to order my own copy - I need to own this book.

message 5: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (ashleighsbookshelf) One of my friends picked this up at uni Friday. I'm now thinking I may have to invest in it! I read the first page & that was good... haha.

message 6: by Cait (new)

Cait (clickcait) | 480 comments It's not a problem, you gave all the information in the post to put it in the right place. ;-)

You're really selling this book to me... and I have only spent £1.39 on books this year so I think I might deserve a little treat...

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments You definitely deserve a treat! I actually don't think I've bought a book this year yet ... *twitch*. Although I do have about 150CHF worth in my Book Depository cart at the moment (now including my very own copy of this).

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (pagelady) | 155 comments This is exactly the reason I joined this group challenge. I never would have picked up a book like this but, Jody, you have me thinking, "Hmmmmm..."