You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
This topic is about Timebound
Group Themed Reads: Discussions > February 2015 - Timebound

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Discuss here!

Please tell us what you thought about the book, not just that you read it.

New This Month This month we will trial a reporting thread for Group Reads to see if we can save Sarah and I a few grey hairs when awarding badges. Please remember to report in once you have finished discussing.

Berit | 641 comments I own this book :-) now I have a reason to read it ;-)probably won't start it until after the Toppler!

Tasha☺ | 1020 comments I am starting this one tonight during my breaks on night shift hopefully it is a good one

Berit | 641 comments Looking forward to seeing what you think of this :-)

Lori (glitzyrebel) | 433 comments I enjoyed this one. My favorite part was her time travel to the World's Fair. I enjoyed the authors descriptions of the clothing and the surroundings. Look forward to reading everyone's comments on this one!

message 6: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 13572 comments I probably won't get to this one until after the Tumbler, but I'm looking forward to it.

message 7: by Tasha☺ (last edited Feb 05, 2015 12:36PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tasha☺ | 1020 comments Just finished :) This one was good. Sometimes it was a little confusing but was interesting I actually hated the character Kate (Don't read spoiler until done book )(view spoiler)

message 8: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 13572 comments I'm at 58% I can't decide exactly how I feel about this book. It's interesting, then confusing, then a bit boring (for a few minutes), then great, then confusing again, then so interesting.....make up your mind book! What do you want to be?! Looking forward to finishing and seeing how it all turns out.

Berit | 641 comments I need to get to this book, I'm almost done with the book I'm reading right now, then I have one more to read, then I will read this one. Are you listening on audio or reading it? Looking forward to hearing what you think.and let me know if the book makes up its mind

message 10: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 13572 comments I'm listening to it. The narrator is doing a really good job. I also have the Kindle version, so I can go check things if I need to. Some of the time travel stuff was a bit confusing, but the story is really interesting right now.

Of course, I want to interject my thoughts into the conversation they just had, "Hey couldn't you just try....?" They decided not to go with my thought process, so we'll see how the decision works out for them. ;)

Hope you are able to get to the book too. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Berit | 641 comments I have it on audio on my phone. My daughter has it in print, so I have access to both. Glad to hear the narrator does a good job, that can make the whole difference. I should get to it within the next couple days, just finished the book I was reading :-)

message 12: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 13572 comments I just finished. I thought that overall it was a good read. There were a couple bits that were a little confusing, but I guess that's to be expected with time travel books. It was interesting and I'd recommend it to people that like time travel and YA books. It is left open for the rest of the series, so some questions are not answered at the end. The one thing I didn't like about it is that (view spoiler)

Berit | 641 comments I'm going to start this tonight. Will you read the next book in the series? I think I will like it, but we shall see. I'm trying to figure out Overdrive right now it is a bit confusing.

message 14: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 13572 comments I plan to read the next one. There is one direction she can take it in that will be very disappointing to me (part of the spoiler), but otherwise it could be really good. I'm curious enough to keep going now.

Berit | 641 comments That is good to know :-) I need to get off of here so I can start the book ;-)

message 16: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 13572 comments Hope you like it!

Berit | 641 comments I am definitely liking this book so far, reminds me a bit of A Discovery of Witches, the practicing of the time jumping.I think I might like this one better it has got to be a little less long-winded ;-)(view spoiler)

Jessica I'm finding this book a bit confusing. I only seem to have time to read during my breaks at work, so being distracted probably doesn't help. Hoping to have a chance to read more tomorrow.

Kinda reminds me of Ruby Red

message 19: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 13572 comments Berit - A Discovery of Witches was much more wordy. This is more YA writing and has a lot more action. I'm glad you're liking it.

Jessica - There were a few parts that were a bit confusing, but it doesn't last through the whole book.

Berit | 641 comments Okay, I just have to say ;-)(view spoiler)

Berit | 641 comments Jessica, keep reading, I think it gets less confusing or I just stopped trying to figure it all out. ;-)

message 22: by Lori (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lori (glitzyrebel) | 433 comments Personally, I think the written version makes this book a lot less confusing because it is easier to flip back and orient yourself. I think this one as an audio could become very confusing especially if you are only able to listen to it in short segments.

Berit | 641 comments I have both print and audio, but I have been listening to most of it, I'm not finding it all that confusing anymore. I just think time traveling in general is probably confusing. It stretches your mind as to what you can or cannot believe! :-) They are at the At Chicago fair, right now.

Berit | 641 comments I finished it, I really really liked it. I am definitely going to read the next book in the series. I believe there is also a one. Five I might read as well. (view spoiler)

Jessica I think that one I have more then 15 minutes to sit down and read I wont find it as confusing, but just reading it on my break is not working. By the time I get another break I forget what was going on during my last break. I have Tues off so I'll probably read it then, or at leas get a good chunk of it done.

message 26: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 13572 comments Berit wrote: "I finished it, I really really liked it. I am definitely going to read the next book in the series. I believe there is also a one. Five I might read as well. [spoilers removed]"

That was exactly my thoughts, Berit! We have almost the same ending spoiler. lol I think the next one could be really good or really bad, depending on that one thing. Also, there is a #1.5. I already picked it up. :) I think #3 is out this year too, so we can use it for the series challenge, if you're doing that one.

message 27: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 13572 comments Jessica wrote: "I think that one I have more then 15 minutes to sit down and read I wont find it as confusing, but just reading it on my break is not working. By the time I get another break I forget what was goi..."

I think that will definitely help. I know there were a couple of technical time-travel parts that were confusing, but the book, overall, wasn't confusing. Hopefully, it clears up for you once you have more time to dedicate to it.

message 28: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments If you have read and/or discussed either of the February group reads, or a book that fits the February theme, please report HERE.

You also need to tell us what you thought about the book to qualify for a badge (we will not go back through all the threads) in the reporting thread. You can also did as I, and several others did and copy and paste some of your contributions to the discussion so you don't need to write your feelings down twice!

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ruby Red (other topics)