Flights of Fantasy discussion

Archived Group Reads > February 2015 - Sci-Fi: Hyperion by Dan Simmons

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mitch (new)

Mitch Weller | 17 comments Great book.. Every story is interesting.. Looking forward to the discussion..

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (darthval) | 120 comments I read this a couple of years back, and thought it was just okay. I know I am in the minority on this.

message 3: by Joey (new)

Joey (mostlyjoe) It's a fine series and the ONLY one of Dan Simmon's I'll ever read.

message 4: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments I need to get this from the library,

message 5: by Øystein (new)

Øystein | 55 comments Great book. I'm not done with the series yet, but so far the rest of them are good as well!

message 6: by Mitch (new)

Mitch Weller | 17 comments Just finished the final book of the series last night. At times the series seems to drag on , but it is totally worth it to finish the books. I think out of all four books, Hyperion was my favorite though..

message 7: by Elsi (new)

Elsi | 11 comments I picked up a copy of Hyperion at the library yesterday. I'll be starting it very soon.

message 8: by Warren (new)

Warren Postma (warrenp) | 6 comments I read this book 2 years ago. I'm really interested in the discussion on this one after people have read it. A smart, quirky world-building outing, well worth reading for any fan of spec-fic, fantasy, sci-fi, and futuristic fantasy.

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen | 55 comments I'm about 25% through. If the priest's story is anything to judge by, this is going to be interesting!

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen | 55 comments I'm about 25% through. If the priest's story is anything to judge by, this is going to be interesting!

message 11: by Mitch (new)

Mitch Weller | 17 comments I found every story to be very interesting.. They just kept getting better!

message 12: by Elise (new)

Elise I have just started this book. Let's see if I can still finish it this month! I am not the biggest sci-fi fan, so I am hoping that I will like it...

message 13: by Spacechik (new)

Spacechik | 47 comments I've started this book 2 times and each time I can't get past the second chapter. Wonder why? I'll try one more time...

message 14: by Elise (new)

Elise Spacechik wrote: "I've started this book 2 times and each time I can't get past the second chapter. Wonder why? I'll try one more time..."

I am no halfway the second chapter and it is getting hard for me too. I liked the first chapter! (view spoiler) For now I am just reading on, not trying to let it bother me too much and hoping that the next chapter will be nice again!

message 15: by Mitch (new)

Mitch Weller | 17 comments It is worth it in my opinion... The stories just keep getting better...

message 16: by Elise (new)

Elise Mitch wrote: "It is worth it in my opinion... The stories just keep getting better..."

Yes that is what I heard from others too. I really like the concept of the book so far!

message 17: by Chris , cookie guilt (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 2450 comments I was really hoping to get to this in February. But of course real life is impeding on my reading time yet again.

message 18: by Elise (new)

Elise A line I just read in Brawne Lamia's story:

"I'd heard about cybrids. Who hasn't?"

Uh, me?