Along for the Ride Along for the Ride question

who feels like sahra dessen is repetitive?
Belle Belle Jan 31, 2015 08:45PM
i mean all her books have divorced parents?????????

Sorrel (last edited Feb 16, 2015 08:42AM ) Feb 16, 2015 08:41AM   0 votes
Yeah they kind of are all the same but that's probably one of the reasons I love 'em. It's kind of comforting to have the same, sweet story re-incarnated. at least you always know what you're going to get :-D

Yes, yes, yes! All of the girls are exactly the same, like "oh, no, my family drama makes me so sad and depressed, how I wish I could find cute boy that makes me feel alive again..." and then the cute and unique boy comes and is like "I am so cool and unlike anybody else and I also have some problems of my own because of my dysfunctional family/childhood, but here, I'll save you from being all alone!" and then, once the cute, unique boy saves her, the girl is happier (note the -er, because her issues are so paralyzing, or whatever, that they are still unresolved) and then she lets him in slowly because she is insecure about letting people see the "real" her, and then something happens that makes her lose trust in him and she is once again sad and alone, but then, a miracle occurs and the boyfriend does something and they make up and then she's like "oh, I guess I do love my family and my amazing boyfriend who has helped me through so much! I think I'll try to reconcile with my relatives now, because having a family is always great, even if they suck once in a while". You could just read one, and with some minor character and plot tweaking, know what every other book is like.

Belle totally with u girl!
Feb 04, 2015 05:39PM · flag
Maddie Indeed. But some of her books are really good, and Dreamland has no divorced parents... at least I don't recall that. ...more
Feb 21, 2015 08:04AM · flag

I'd never really thought about it. I guess each story has been different enough that I hadn't noticed it.