What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Futuristic book, women can't get pregnant

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Willow (new)

Willow Bledsoe | 13 comments I read this book within the last few years on kindle. May only be on ebook. Probably written for young adults.

Main synopsis, women can't get pregnant anymore. When a girl has her first period, she's taken into the doctor's and all her eggs are taken and frozen for later. Babies were made in a lab. Once in a while, a girl would keep having periods, which meant she could get pregnant. If a girl can get pregnant, she's taken somewhere and is basically used to produce children for important men.

I think the women may get tattoos for the men they have children for.

message 2: by Willow (new)

Willow Bledsoe | 13 comments And I think there may be something about a goddess. the book was several shorter stories in one book. All with the same type of story, just in different times and different characters.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily (deathbyproxxy) This sounds very interesting! I haven't heard of it, but I will be on the look out for it. Do you remember any specific details? Maybe something about the cover? I understand the struggles of trying to find an e-book!

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily (deathbyproxxy) Do you remember if you had to purchase it or if it was free?

message 5: by Willow (new)

Willow Bledsoe | 13 comments It was a free book, I'm fairly certain, I don't remember the cover at all...in the first story, the mc is a girl who ends up being some kind of legend at this place where the women live...I think she ends up getting a tattoo of a Phoenix. In the second story, the mc from the first story is a much older woman...maybe the leader of this place? But the story isn't about her.

message 6: by Feliks (last edited Feb 01, 2015 03:59PM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) Here's a maybe too-obvious candidate

The White Plague The White Plague by Frank Herbert by Frank Herbert

message 7: by Willow (new)

Willow Bledsoe | 13 comments hmm, doesn't sound like it. this one focuses on the women...I'm not sure if it even says who women can't get pregnant.

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily (deathbyproxxy) Bumped

This is just a guess...

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily (deathbyproxxy) Or maybe...
XVI

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily (deathbyproxxy) Also if you log into your Kindle account online they usually have a list of all the books you have ever downloaded.

message 12: by Willow (new)

Willow Bledsoe | 13 comments It's none of those...I tried looking at what's on my kindle, but none of them seemed to be the right one.

message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily (deathbyproxxy) Well that is sucky! I know you said you thought it might be YA but, Is there sex in the book, or is it more for a younger reader?

message 14: by Willow (new)

Willow Bledsoe | 13 comments there's definitely sex. One of the things is that the women can somehow determine the gender of the baby during sex. It's not erotic in details, but it's there.

message 15: by Willow (new)

Willow Bledsoe | 13 comments Not it, either...It doesn't really have a "pregnant women are going to save the world" theme. normal families still have children, they're just born in a lab.

message 16: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Feb 03, 2015 06:17AM) (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Just started reading one with a theme something like that, not really far enough in to know it its right but I thought I'd throw it out there. Captives I realize the blurb looks nothing like it, but the start of the book was a bit of a fit for your request.

message 17: by Mir (new)

Mir | 712 comments Not YA, but The Handmaid's Tale is set in a future where most women can't get pregnant. The main character is one who can.

message 18: by Willow (new)

Willow Bledsoe | 13 comments The Handmaid's Tale is the closest so far, but still not quite right.

message 19: by Clare (new)

Clare (-clare-) | 12 comments It might be the series that starts with Aberrant

message 20: by Willow (new)

Willow Bledsoe | 13 comments There's no marriage in the one I'm looking for. they aren't allowed to love or commit to one person. They conceive a child, and after it's weaned, they are sold to someone else.

message 21: by Willow (new)

Willow Bledsoe | 13 comments bump

message 22: by Alice (new)

Alice (rebelliousalice) | 3 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

I think it might be this one. It's called The Jewel and it's set in futuristic times. It also resembles The Selection series but there are some significant differences such as the fact that in these times, women cannot reproduce. I hope this helps!

message 23: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2425 comments Maybe The Testament of Jessie Lamb?

Do you remember where the book was set (US, UK, Australia, etc.)?

message 24: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Willow, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 25: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19036 comments Still looking, Willow?

message 26: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Willow, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.