What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > young servant boy who is expected to dress as a girl and eventually escapes leading to a series of adventures; at one point he is traveling across the desert with a caravan and there is a flood

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hmfogtliwy50 (new)

Hmfogtliwy50  | 4 comments I think the camp is washed away in the flood and he ends up in a cliff side cave where a young woman is held captive. I think I started reading it 4 or 5 years ago but never finished it and I don't know what it was or when it was written or who the author is.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39294 comments Mod
What age reader - YA, middle grade, other? Remember the cover?

message 3: by Hmfogtliwy50 (new)

Hmfogtliwy50  | 4 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "What age reader - YA, middle grade, other? Remember the cover?"
Don't know anything about the age reader or cover.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Hmfogtliwy50, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Hmfogtliwy50 (new)

Hmfogtliwy50  | 4 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Hmfogtliwy50, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

Never found it.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35147 comments Mod
Hmfogtliwy50, why was the servant boy expected to dress as a girl? Who did he serve? Did he have family or friends?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?

message 8: by Hmfogtliwy50 (new)

Hmfogtliwy50  | 4 comments Still wondering...

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35147 comments Mod
Hmfogtliwy50, what is the story's time period and location (countrey/region/near a well-known city)?

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Here Lies Arthur?

Don't know how closely it matches, but there's a boy who dresses as a girl.

message 11: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2070 comments I'm not sure how well it fits either, but maybe The Good Lord Bird (not a children's book; but OP didn't seem sure of the intended age of the audience).