Call to Arms (Skyrim Role Play) discussion

Winterhold > Winterhold: College of Winterhold

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diź (new)

Diź (dimal)

message 2: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

Kendra (madamejade) | 847 comments Mod
The mage, dragon, and vampire were unceremoniously dumped at the foot of the college, snow filling their cloaks and scales. Cold flowed from all over the place, but they could all feel the magic in the area, its aura was so strong.
"DRAGON!" Townspeople shouted.
"We'll be under attack by mages in seconds," Sihirli said optimistically.

message 3: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

HERE

message 4: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 327 comments ((Here then?))

message 5: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((Well, yeah. But this is only the warp point before they run to the Old Ruins. Recall rules and all.))
"I've just contacted one of my friends in Winterhold. I can lead us to a safe area that should be hidden from dragons and people. But I just lost most of my magicka with the contact, so don't expect any magical artillery support from me," Sihirli told the other party members before he set off at a light jog, casting clairvoyance. Ugh, a cantrip. His power should never be THAT low.

message 6: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 327 comments Sehqogeyol nodded. "Don't worry, I can easily keep a few mages away from us." He said that confidently. It was easy to keep a bunch of them off. He had fought many before to know how to defend himself and not kill them.

message 7: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

Because fighting ME was so easy, Sihirli resisted saying as he followed clairvoyance. Sprinting when he could and jogging when that failed, he led the motley party until he found a narrow cave entrance.
The dragon could burst through the entrance easily. Sihirli sprinted through, the last of his clairvoyance spell fading with his magicka.

message 8: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 327 comments Sehqogeyol ran and passed through with some difficulty. He wasn't sure what they were going to do now though. Where were they going?

message 10: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) Serena followed... Such a pity, she would like to take a look at the college... She ran behind them.

message 11: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

Olumsuz led Kole toward the college.
"-but I think the worst part is that he inhibits his OWN abilities by refusing to use souls for ANYTHING, leaving his robes grossly under-enchanted. Those who aren't as stupid as him he labels as evil and dishonorable and he moves on. You know, he may find my habits depraved, but I'd say about half of the nights I've spent with the undead were fully consensual," Olum continued to rant to her Thrall as she found her classroom. All the students were still away at the ruins.

message 12: by Diź (new)

Diź (dimal) Kalik had arrived with all of the mages from the ruin, some carrying artifacts and others carrying note books full of drawings from the walls and writings of the strange language on them. once they all got into the college they all dispersed back to their own work stations, teachers to classrooms and students either with them or back to their own dorm rooms.

Kalik stood in the center of the area and thought to himself about the events in the ruin.

message 13: by Diź (new)

Diź (dimal) After a few moments he walked to his room and after an hour he returned with his traveling gear, he was all set to meet up with the others. He told one of the teachers he had to go for a bit on business, after doing so walked out of the college

message 14: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) The roar of a dragon was heard in the distance... But very loud. Winterhold was in danger.
(Olumsz! Prepare to be assimilated)

message 15: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

Olum's head went bolt upright from her bed as she sprung from her bed.
"Thrall! Gather your armor and weapons!"
Were Kole allowed free speech, he would have expressed relief.
She went through her collection of staves and chose two: Incinerate and Thunderbolt.
She slung these staves to her back and dual-cast a conjuration spell. Before her, a Dremora Lord sprung into existence.
Three beings left her chambers. A Dead Thrall, a Dremora Lord, and a necromancer, wielding two powerful staves. Whatever was threatening a hive of such arcane potency would soon regret their decision to do so.

message 16: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) The huge creature emerged from behind the mountain. It was an ancient dragon, silver with blue. It glued just over the street of Winterhold, using a frost breath over everything that moved while he went. He stopped over the first arch of the entrance to the college. Before crossing the bridge.

message 17: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

Kole the Thrall and the Dremora Lord charged the dragon, swinging their weapons and awaiting the dragon's landing.
Olum launched both of her staffs into the beast, hitting it with 60 points of fire and shock damage each. Upon landing these hits, the necromancer ran back up the Winterhold bridge to duck behind a section of the wall.

message 18: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) The beast took the damage, and then turned furious at the the attackers. It fired unrelenting force over them.

He then took fight again and with his claws he tried to attack Olum.

message 19: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

She retreated to the doors of Winterhold, which were opening to spill out the many students and teachers wielding destruction magic. Spells from novice to Adept level in destruction aimed at the dov as the Dremora cut into the monster's tail and Olum fired both staffs again.

message 20: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) The Dragon took fight again and made a circle around the college. He shouted to the sky to cause a lightning storm. He attacked again, trying to take them out of the bridge.

message 21: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

Olum hid under an outcropping of building as lightning slammed into her Dremora Lord three times, eventually killing it. Kole followed right behind and was turned to dust.
"Kole!" She shouted.
"It could take me MONTHS to find another Thrall!" She shouted up to the dragon as she summoned two Storm Atronaches, which began shooting lightning at the dov.

message 22: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) The dragon charged at them. He froze them with his breath. He then stopped in the air and shouted down words... Unnatural words... And every bone buried in the snow, every corpse close awoken again. (Where are the corpses? Simply! (^_^) before the bridge, were happened the great collapse... The corpses unfounded)

message 23: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((Doesn't he not know the shout yet?))
Olum felt the powerful necromantic energy charging through every corpse, every bone... that level of necromantic power would let her have hundreds of Thralls.
She used the incinerate staff to blast her way out of the snow, made sure she was in full view of the dragon, and cast her two staffs to the ground.
"Show me how to do that and my considerable power as a conjurer will be at your command!" She gave it a fetching smile.

message 24: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) (He knows the first part, to summon zombies in mass, but bot to keep them walking to much time... He basically wants to make thralls)

message 25: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((So does Olum!))

message 26: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) She moved in circles around, shouting, while his small troop of bones walked through the bridge to keep the mages busy.

He heard Olum. He remembered those days... When people served dragons... It had been glorious. And she good power, he felt it. He decided to test her and landing in front of her, Ahmiinsusaatiik roared.

message 27: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

"Was that a yes? I really hope that was a yes..." Olum muttered. She considered readying a destruction spell. Would that be seen in bad faith? In the end, she prepared another Dremora Lord conjure, though she did not summon it.

((Ooh! He can make Olum a Dragon Priest! That would be awesome.))

message 28: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) "What is this? A mortal trying to betray her kin? Who are you? That intrigues me..." He said, in human language, to her. He never let his guard down. He rises his head to be seen bigger.

message 29: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

"I noticed your ability to summon the undead in such quantity. I love the undead." She gave the dragon a wink.
"I mean I REALLY love the undead." She gave that a second the sink in as she let the spells in her hands dissipate. She walked over to the dragon calmly and at ease.
"The way I see it, you killed my Death Thrall. So you owe me another one."

message 30: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) (Olum: the dragon priest... Sounds good. But the 'Boss' may want to consider it first ;) )

"How do you dare speak to me?" He asked surprised. "How it is... You don't run, or hide, or attack? You just feel curios... Maybe you are worth." He said in an question tone.

"My name is Ahmiinsusaatiik, and I seek to unleash an army of bones... If you want to join OUR cause... Show your betray to humanity... Kill a man. And bring him back." He ordered and rose his flight again. Waiting in circles around the college as his bone troop was destroyed by the far more powerful mages of the college. Mages were a pest.

message 31: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((Who is that? Isn't Ahmiinsusaatiik the "Big Bad"))
"You already killed everyone here!" Olum shouted.
"Now I have to find a way to nurse someone back into enough health just to kill them!" She complained.
She picked up the incinerate staff and started zapping away the snow until she found a student who was barely alive.
"Healing hands!" She cast on J'Zargo, who was suddenly grateful for restoration.
Then she hit him with the Incinerate spell from the staff twice, then pulled out a dagger she'd enchanted with Soul Splice and slit his throat with it.
"Summon Dread Zombie." He arose.
"It's a kajiit, but it's the first lifeform I found!" She yelled up at the dragon.
"Also, I-"
She noticed the more powerful mages, like Tolfdir, were attacking the bone soldiers and killing them.
"Oh! Sorry! Didn't notice them!" She picked up the Thunderbolt staff and zapped Tolfdir a few times.
Then she reanimated him as her new thrall.
"Ugh. He's an old man. I hope you have someone more suitable for me to replace him with," she muttered as the Alteration trainer's magic began turning against the college.
"He probably could have warded himself if I hadn't been right behind him," she thought sympathetically.
"Good thing I was."

message 32: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) (No I am not... Muahahaha ha) (And you are a monster) (Poor J'zargo. But Toldfir??? Oh, by the nine...) (I thought they were tagged as 'essential' =P) (what is done is done...)

The dragon descended. Completely unbelievable. The mortal was seriously damned crazy.

"Enough. You have proved it." He said landing and freezing into ice the rest of the alive mages. (Not dead, just frozen)

"You are... Indescribable." He sentenced. The dragon lowered his head. "Come with me... Your savagery will be used for a major cause."

(Press X to mount the dragon)

message 33: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((Essential until I determine otherwise.))

"Mount, Tolfdir," she told her ex-peer, and both climbed atop the dragon's neck.
She gave it a littl pat next to the horn.
"What some call savagery some call... okay, fair enough. Let's just go to wherever."
This probably has something to do with whatever the elf was hiding, she thought gleefully.

message 34: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) Not to underestimate this Mage.... He though as he lifted both into the skies and disspeared into the horizon.

(No. Ahmiinsusaatiik isn't the Big Bad. I have... Coordinated with Red to create a much more bigger evil. He is waiting...) (until then)

message 35: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((Sweeeeeeeeet. So where are they going?))

message 36: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) (To his lair...) (when I have a lair.)

message 37: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) (We start tomorrow at Tel Mithryn, okay? I seriously have to sleep...) (*dramatic effect*)

message 38: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

((Okay. I need to plan out what her mask and staff will be when she's a dragon priest.))

message 39: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (last edited Apr 02, 2015 07:51PM) (new)

Zoltahgron revisited Winterhold, her amazing Dragon Priest robes sticking out. The dead in Winterhold were stirring, and they must have gotten the memo that she had "quit," because they were attacking her.
She activated her Ritual Stone power and the undead, already permanently animated, were under her control.
A little bit at a time, she would take Imador's army and control Tamriel for herself.
As for helping the Dov... she did not understand what Immy had promised Susie, and honestly she didn't care. With her army of dead mages, she swiftly overwhelmed what was left of the resistance in the college (before dominating the two most powerful of them as Twin Souls Thralls, of course. Poor Drevis and Phinis.
With the army of the dead, she took her staff collection back, now missing her two most powerful staffs, sadly, but now she could use Chain Lightning, Vampire's Bane, and Paralysis. She was really a weak mage when it came to schools other than Conjuration, Illusion, and Restoration. But this mattered little, for her failure in these schools could be made up in staffs (though armor spells and spell absorption would be useful for anyone). Why should she train in Destruction when a stick could do all the work for her? She grabbed her staff sheath from her room and strapped it on, bearing her four staffs. On a second thought, she also grabbed her bag of soul gems. Soul Trap would be a nice staff to get, she mused. Though she already had the spell, so it would mostly just take up space. She decided against this and invaded the Archmage's quarters, stealing his Enchanting and Alchemy ingredients before eating from the Winterhold storehouse.
Insult to injury.

message 40: by Diź (new)

Diź (dimal) ((ummm completely destroying the college and killing everyone inside it isn't exactly something I can allow))

message 41: by Kendra, Psijic Monk (new)

Okay, instead of that, she used her army to secure Winterhold for a few days and did all of the "insult to injury" stuff before vacating the area, sending her thralls into a hideout I really don't feel like determining right now before flying off.