Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Dan's January Reads

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan in AZ (last edited Feb 01, 2015 04:51AM) (new)

Dan in AZ | 2647 comments 1. The Big Finish, James Hall. Not the big finish we might have expected for Thorn. Guess Hall just wanted to be done with him. 4
2. Atomic Lobster, Tim Dorsey. Serge is wearing a little thin, and there's not much Florida trivia to prop up the plot. 3
3. The Burning Room, Michael Connolly. Usual excellent job. There's the real cops, and then there are the bosses, and rarely do the two agree. 4Plus
4. Personal, Lee child. Reacher hunts a sniper. I liked the book but knew the key immediately - and so would have 3 professional intelligence people. 4Minus
5. Leap, Michael Grumley. The dolphins, a gorilla, the researchers and the Navy investigators are back. A mysterious ship docked in Guyana is almost the cause of WWIII, and the unmasking of a world changing secret. What is it, and how can the team make sure it works for the best? 4
6. Poison Flower, Thomas Perry. Jane's tougher than a $2.00 steak in this one. Rambo would have been proud. 4Minus
7. The Boy Who Glowed in the Dark, Orest Stelmach. Third in the "Is there really a formula or not" series featuring the boy from Reactor 4. Could be the end of the series, but who knows? 4

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2997 comments I'm having a deja vu moment.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments Barry wrote: "I'm having a deja vu moment."
me too!

message 4: by Dan in AZ (last edited Feb 01, 2015 05:00AM) (new)

Dan in AZ | 2647 comments Ah, now I understand. Edited a couple mistakes but apparently posted both the new and the old. (Carol, you may delete this one if you so choose.)

message 5: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2997 comments Heck, go to town, delete both threads.

message 6: by Ann (last edited Feb 01, 2015 11:16AM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments Now Barry! That isn't nice. But it is funny!

message 7: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2647 comments Barry, that's lower than a snake in a limbo contest.

message 8: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2997 comments I'm thinking we need to start banning unruly posters. It would give me something to strive for.

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments I think Barry is taking advantage of knowing Carol is busy watching the Super Bowl! You know you love us here, Barry!
Barry wrote: "I'm thinking we need to start banning unruly posters. It would give me something to strive for."

message 10: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1610 comments Thanks for reminding me that I have The Burning Room buried in my Kindle somewhere :)

message 11: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7889 comments Yes, Ann, I'm late getting to this thread. I see I missed the fun!

Barry and Dan, I've got my eyes on you!

message 12: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7889 comments Daniel wrote: "6. Poison Flower, Thomas Perry. Jane's tougher than a $2.00 steak in this one. Rambo would have been proud. 4Minus..."

Love Jane Whitefield, can't wait to get to this one. But only a 4 minus?

message 13: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2647 comments The minus reflects some disbelief over her Ramboesque stature and a sub-plot tagalong that was more beating the drum than anything else.