Monthly Challenges discussion

February 2015 Challenges > February Task Questions & Comments

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (new)

Diana S | 2048 comments Mod
If you have any questions about the tasks in February feel free to ask them here. :)
I'll also be leaving comments here once in awhile. :)

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Harris (memaknits) Are shoes an article of clothing?

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Harris (memaknits) One more question please. What is a book's "main page"?

message 4: by Diana S (last edited Feb 03, 2015 10:49PM) (new)

1. yes, shoes are considered an article of clothing. (take another look at this task - added a bonus point)
2. Go to your desired book's main page. On the right side of this page list the genres that this book maybe.
It may list other pages - but this page is the one that counts.

message 5: by Diana S (last edited Feb 03, 2015 10:41PM) (new)

For the last several months I've been thinking that we should celebrate the member who comes in Second Place.There are so many times throughout the year that the scoring is so close. I been thinking of reserving 2.4 for points and 1.7 for pages.
Does anyone have any comments about this idea? I would like to hear them before I start this way of awarding.

message 6: by Diana S (new)

Check out February Tasks again. I've made two small changes, but they can affect your choice of books.

message 7: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 825 comments Diana, Can you indicate where the changes are. I don't see anything changed. But I may have looked at the tasks after you made the changes.
thanks

message 8: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 703 comments Diana S wrote: "For the last several months I've been thinking that we should celebrate the member who comes in Second Place.There are so many times throughout the year that the scoring is so close. I been thinkin..."

This sounds like a good idea to me ... In general, I think that the more members have a chance to participate (i.e. create tasks) the more active they will be.

You could also restrict the "winners" to one of these task creations. So if I had the most points AND the most pages I could either create task 2.3 or 3.1 but not both. Whoever had the next highest total would create the task I did not create.

And you could have one task that was randomly awarded to any member who had completed at least one task - excluding the top point / page winner(s).

message 9: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 825 comments I like both your and BC's ideas. The more people in on the task making will bring a wide variety of ideas to the table.

message 10: by Diana S (new)

Linda C wrote: "Diana, Can you indicate where the changes are. I don't see anything changed. But I may have looked at the tasks after you made the changes.
thanks"

The two small changes are in task 1.3 (bonus point) and Task 2.1 (#1: country - if you live outside the US)