Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments The Group Themed Reads for February are:

Life After Life by Kate Atkinson

and

Timebound by Rysa Walker

message 2: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15584 comments Great! I'll be reading Life after Life. Looking forward to read the chosen book again instead of one of my own.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Elizabeth | 95 comments I just picked up Life After Life at the library today. I can't wait!

message 4: by Lynda (new)

Lynda | 836 comments I'm still reading Middlemarch, and thus am behind on my Serial Killer challenge. So, I don't think I'll have time to get to these (get it...time...wah wah). However, Life After Life is on the TBR shelf none-the-less, it sounds really good.

message 5: by Sandra, Moderator (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9804 comments I read Life After Life last year, so I'll take a close look to the discussion. I plan to read The Time Machine, though.

message 6: by Julia (new)

Julia Gallagher (juliagallagher) | 140 comments I've already read Life After Life and really enjoyed it! I may join with the other one if I can get my hands on it.

message 7: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20699 comments I will be reading along with you Peggy. I am glad to finally get to it.

message 8: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15216 comments I'm odd man out on this one. I tried to read Life After Life and DNF. :( It was too repetitive for me. Definitely not the majority opinion! I am going to read Timebound.

message 9: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 6542 comments I found Life after Life to be a very intriguing read, once I got the hang of what was going on. Definitely unique.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments I will be watching the Life after Life thread with interest as I read it last year for the chunkster challenge and really liked it.

message 11: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51925 comments I downloaded it from my library and will possibly start tonight.

message 12: by Berit (new)

Berit | 641 comments Life After Life is a book you need to read the first 100 or so pages to really get into it so keep reading, don't give up :-) it's worth it

message 13: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20699 comments My daughter said the same thing about the book, Berit. She said that she started over like three times because she kept thinking she had missed something. She told me that she thought something was missing from the first part of her ebook until she got a hardback copy to compare. She said "just keep reading". :0)

message 14: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51925 comments I did feel a bit confused when I started it last night. But, I mentioned that in the discussion thread. I think I have it figured out. Sort of.

message 15: by Becky (new)

Becky | 18 comments I think I was responsible for getting Life After Life onto the nominations thread, even if inadvertently, so I'm thrilled, and will definitely sign up to read that one.

message 16: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2789 comments Kristie wrote: "I'm odd man out on this one. I tried to read Life After Life and DNF. :( It was too repetitive for me. Definitely not the majority opinion! I am going to read Timebound."

Oh Kristie, you know you're not on your own! :)