Book Haven discussion

General > Author Colleen McCullough Has Died

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim Vuksic | 94 comments Colleen McCullough died on Thursday, Jan. 29, at the age of 77.
Ms. McCullough, an Australian author, is best known for her novel The Thorn Birds which sold 30 million copies world-wide. She wrote 25 novels during her lifetime; the last of which was Bittersweet, published by HarperCollins in 2013. It won 4 Golden Globe Awards.

message 2: by Brian (new)

Brian Benson (bknight47) | 1015 comments Wow, she was a fantastic story-teller. Sorry to hear that Jim...

message 3: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Does anyone know what she died of? All I could find on the news reports on the net was that she died in hospital.

message 4: by Jim (last edited Jan 31, 2015 05:43PM) (new)

Jim Vuksic | 94 comments Zara wrote: "Does anyone know what she died of? All I could find on the news reports on the net was that she died in hospital."

Zara,

So far, there has been no reference to the specific cause of death; only that Ms. McCullough died after a prolonged illness.

message 5: by Mariel (new)

Mariel Grey | 125 comments I haven't read any of her recent books, and indeed she had slipped off my "reading radar." Her older books were wonderful. I'll have to look at some of her more recent works. Thanks for the reminder and information about such a wonderful author.