FOR NARNIA discussion

Movies > Prince Caspian the movie

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy I loved the movie! It was a great a sequel, and the actors definitely stepped up a notch. I loved Susan and Caspian's romance as well.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Prince Caspian made me wonder if the creators have read the book. The Telmarines accents, the great amounts of action, the "romance" between Susan and Caspian, Caspian's age and personality, everything was wrong in that movie. First I thought it was because fo Ben Barnes, but that proved to be wrong and I noticed he's a really good actor. It was simply because of the writer or the director. While LWW was a wonderful movie and VDT was at least entertaining and had some Narnian spirit (even though the storyline was nothing like the book) but I think of PC as the weakest of all thre movies.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy Chiara wrote: "Prince Caspian made me wonder if the creators have read the book. The Telmarines accents, the great amounts of action, the "romance" between Susan and Caspian, Caspian's age and personality, everyt..."

That's disappointing :( It was my favourite, but then I guess I always enjoy the movies over the books.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

For me it's exactly the opposite - I usually prefer the books. It's not that I really dislike the PC movie, but the added drama, action and "romance" just don't work for me.

message 6: by Sidney (new)

Sidney | 12 comments Same here.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy Chiara wrote: "For me it's exactly the opposite - I usually prefer the books. It's not that I really dislike the PC movie, but the added drama, action and "romance" just don't work for me."

Ok :) I'm very much an action/romance fanatic when it comes to books/movies.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

It's not that I dislike action and romance ^^" I ust don't like it to be added to book adaptations, simply to make sure, there will be enough visitors in the cinema. And I don#t mena to talk bad about it.

Rebecca (pagescollective) I really wasn't very much into this book when I first read it, so I liked the movie the first time I saw it. I appreciate the book more now, but I still enjoy going back and watching the movie :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Persobally, I loved the BBC version of Caspian, though I haven't seen it for years. But at least Caspian was a smart, friendly child. Ben Barnes is a good actor and was a good choice for adult Caspian, but I didn't see the point of aging the character up. Caspian was supposed to be younger than the Pevensies.

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy Chiara wrote: "Persobally, I loved the BBC version of Caspian, though I haven't seen it for years. But at least Caspian was a smart, friendly child. Ben Barnes is a good actor and was a good choice for adult Casp..."

Oh yes, the old BBC series. Now I don't like it, but that Caspian was ok. The other kids I didn't like at all.

Rebecca (pagescollective) I have never seen the BBC versions of Narnia. I think I did see a few clips once. I hear they are really faithful to the books, but the graphics don't look that great.

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy Rebecca ~ Silvan Elf ~ wrote: "I have never seen the BBC versions of Narnia. I think I did see a few clips once. I hear they are really faithful to the books, but the graphics don't look that great."

As far as I can remember, they do stick quite closely to the books. But it is very old, looking at it now, and altho the graphics might have been great then, now they're a bit pathetic (I think).

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

BBC versions scared me when I was little…I love the movie and the score! It did add things but they worked out.

message 15: by Joe (new)

Joe | 22 comments I grew up on the BBC versions! First time i saw it was in second grade (over twenty years ago)

Yes it's corny and the graphics are cheesy but when you grow up with it, it's apart of your childhood and it's essentially apart of you.

message 16: by Merenwen (new)

Merenwen Inglorion I prefer the book/audio book. I have no idea why they changed the movie the way they did...the mist had, I think, only one mention in the book.
I like Eustace, though; he did a great job with the whining/scared/forced ignorance part. :)
BBC versions? Ooh, must look up. :D

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/...

Rebecca (pagescollective) The meme, Merenwen! That's great!! xD

message 18: by Agnik (new)

Agnik | 23 comments I didn't really like the movie, just not the way I imagined it when I read it. If you know what I mean

Rebecca (pagescollective) Yes, I totally know what you mean! It can be hard to like a movie if it not how I imagined it would be. Especially if I really liked the book.