The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Malazan > GotM: Book Three - The Mission

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Geoff (new)

Geoff (geoffgreer) I hadn't realized that a whiskeyjack was a bird.

message 2: by Geoff (new)

Geoff (geoffgreer) Alex wrote: "Here's one on me. They're super common in the mountains around Vancouver. You can even see them while skiing! In some chairlift lines, everyone holds a pole up in the air. Seems like a weird practi..."

the picture didn't work

message 3: by Sky (new)

Sky | 1291 comments Nice summary!

Also,

- Tattersail killed Lorn's family in the sacking of the Mouse Quarter of Malaz
- The Rope is the god that has possessed Sorry
- It seems like the diaspora of the T'lan Imass is ending, and there's gonna be a whole lotta them soon when the Three Hundredth Millennium comes.
- Caladan Brood is a bad-ass.
- It seems that Caladan Brood and Anomander Rake are not working at exactly the same purposes, though they are allies
- Quite a few people are going to be protecting the coin bearer. Now Caladan Brood wants him protected as well.
- Kallor is the High King of what? He is working for Brood. Is he a undead previous high king?

Tool is awesome.

- "Convergence. Power ever draws other Power"
- Tool, what dominates your thoughts? "Futility". Do all Imass think about futility?" "No, because it is futile"

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
You'll learn more about Kallor as the series goes on.

This spoiler has a large spoiler inside of a small spoiler (ie if you want to know a little more about Kallor, you can pretty safely click the first one, but not the second:

(view spoiler)

message 5: by Sky (new)

Sky | 1291 comments Yeah, Tool's got great lines Alex! I guess you develop quite the sense of humor after 300,000 year ;)

I see, thanks Rob! (clicked on the first spoiler).

message 6: by Kat (new)

Kat | 1175 comments See, I knew the bridgeburners weren't the mysterious assassins on Darujhistan's roofs.

*pats herself on the back*

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat | 1175 comments Conjunctivitis beaten, so I continue.

I'm upset.

I still cannot decide whose side I'm on. I instantly liked Anomander Rake when he visited the alchemist in Darujhistan, but I don't know enough about him to side with him.

So I tentatively decided I'm with Tattersail. For now.

And now I'm barely in the middle of the book, and Tattersail is a pile of cinders on the Rhivi Plain. I'd JUST decided to like her best, and he kills her off!

Well. I'm aware she had a good idea what would happen if she opened her warren, and she did seem to have a plan. Also, Paran and Toc find that Nightchill seems to have wandered off after the fact, so maybe Tattersail took a page out of Hairlock's book and made off with her rotting body.

But I'm still upset about her burnt body. I liked that body. "The fat lady with the spells wants to talk." That could be me, if I was a fat battlemage.

Bummer.