Genre Readers looking to expand discussion

Archives- Monthly Reads > February Genre of the Month- Contemporary Fiction

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1186 comments Mod
We will be reading CONTEMPORARY FICTION for the month of February!

What is contemporary fiction? A simple definition is: A fictional book (events, settings, characters etc. described are not real) set in contemporary times (modern times).

You can read any book your choose so long as it is in this genre. It is a pretty broad genre so I am hoping we will see some different types of books.

Use this post to tell us what you are planning on reading, or read and what you thought. Or you can just share your thoughts on the genre in general... what you like or don't like or your favorite/least favorite books in the genre.

Happy reading!

message 2: by Melissa (new)

I'm not sure which ones I will actually read but it will be one of these:

Paper Towns by John Green The Job (Fox and O'Hare, #3) by Janet Evanovich Family Baggage by Monica McInerney The Friday Night Knitting Club (Friday Night Knitting Club, #1) by Kate Jacobs Payback and a Bottle of Merlot Like Sisters Series Book One by Bria Marche

message 3: by Karin (new)

Karin | 396 comments I am currently reading Metro Girl (Alex Barnaby, #1) by Janet Evanovich and Nora Roberts Land (Dare Valley, #1) by Ava Miles on my Kindle.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

I started Family Baggageand it wasn't one I could get into so I bounced over to The Joband had a fun time reading the newest installment of the Fox & O'Hare series.

These books are quick, fun reads and just what I needed after reading The Fall of Giants.

message 5: by Karin (new)

Karin | 396 comments I read Nora Roberts Land. I did enjoy reading this book.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

I didn't get much reading done this month. Maybe March will be better.

message 7: by Thom (new)

Thom Swennes (Yorrick) | 1 comments Murder In the Buff by Maggie Toussaint Murder In the Buff Maggie Toussaint Maggie Toussaint This isn't your average who done it murder mystery.......

message 8: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 2 comments This is march