YA/Paranormal Romance Addicts discussion

Bi-Monthly Books > February/March 2015

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (last edited Jan 31, 2015 08:30AM) (new)

Megan Parker (megandanielle) | 153 comments Mod
The Unbecoming of Mara DyerHey guys! Today I bring you the bi-monthly book of Feb/March 2015, and it is.... THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER BY MICHELLE HODKIN! If you've already read this trilogy, don't fret! I will be posting the mini-challenge book of February in a few minutes. If you haven't yet read this trilogy, read it with me! I'm currently in the second book, and I can assure you that you will NOT regret buying this book! Happy reading! :)
And don't forget to leave your thoughts as you read below :)

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Howarth | 19 comments So I have just finished the first one, and OMG! My dilemma: I went out to the shops, toddler in tow to buy the second... THEY WERE SOLD OUT! I was able to buy the third one, but now I will have to order it online which means I will have to wait weeks! This makes me very sad.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Ahhhhhh!!!!! I finished them and I think the second was my favorite! Love the relationship!!

message 4: by Megan (new)

You won't want to quit! It's my favorite trilogy evaaa! :D

message 5: by Megan (new)

Aww it flies by! You won't regret it :)

message 6: by Megan (new)

If you'll look in my groups, there's one titled something about "These Broken Stars". It doesn't have too many members. Runs 60-90 comments per post from what I can tell. They also do a book per month :)

message 7: by Megan (new)

True! Or if you've already read one :)

message 8: by Megan (new)

I FLEW through it! Couldn't put it down!

message 9: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Howarth | 19 comments I'm onto the third one now! I seriously read the first two in a day each. I was so annoyed I had to go out to dinner for a friend's birthday on saturday because I had three chapters left of the second book LOL. I wanted to stay home and read it but I was already late and had to go.

I agree with you, Megan, it's becoming one of my favourites too! (have to wait and see how the third plays out before I make that declaration though :))

message 10: by Megan (new)

I'm so glad you like them as much as I do!! Noah Shaw is one of my biggest fictional crushes ever *heart eyes*

message 11: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Howarth | 19 comments I have to say Four from Divergent is my biggest crush, then Finnick, then Peeta from The Hunger Games, then Noah might come in fourth. Haha. Having said that, the Mara Dyer series makes Divergent look CRAP. But I still love Four.

message 12: by Megan (new)

LOL Divergent made me mad! But my #1 crush is Daemon from the Lux series, then Noah!

message 13: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Howarth | 19 comments Did divergent make you mad or was is the last two books? I LOVED divergent, but I felt insurgent and Allegiant were horrible let downs.

message 14: by Megan (new)

Okay okay, DIVERGENT was great. But that's all I'm going to say about that xD

message 15: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Howarth | 19 comments Haha, fair enough.

message 16: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Howarth | 19 comments So I've just finished the third book. I'm.... ummm.... what?
Here is my review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I just glanced at your review Megan, and Amanda's as well and it seems we are on the same page. I'm disappointed. But only at the ending. It doesn't solve anything. ANYTHING. They'll still have the same problems. How is that an ending?

Okay, I'll stop my ranting now. I've literally just finished it. Maybe I will settle down a bit in a few hours and have a different view.

All I do know is, I want to marry Jamie. He's hilarious.

message 17: by Megan (new)

Jamie was one of my absolute favorites!! Hodkin could have made this trilogy so, so, so, so spectacular with a spectacular ending. But...

message 18: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Howarth | 19 comments Exactly.

I still loved it. It's definitely going in my favourites folder, but that ending :( (or lack of one, I should say)