A Sky Full of Books discussion

Monthly Reads > Thirteen Reasons Discussion Thread-Week One

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J. (last edited Jan 31, 2015 07:27AM) (new)

J. Greene (j_greene) Start Date: Monday, January 26th
Read Through:Yesterday One Hour After School-Casette 2: Side A
1st Discussion: Sat-Sunday January 31st-February 1st

WEEK ONE
Okay, guys, confession time--I did not read this week's chapters. BAD MOD. I know. I just kept saying I'd do it this day, I'd start this day and now it's saturday. BUT, that does not mean that those of you who have read cannot share in a discussion about the first four chapters.

What did you all think? How are you feeling about the characters, etc? Discuss away! For those of you who haven't read. This thread will be spoiler-y so I'd avoid it until you have the chapters read. If you've read ahead try not to share more than the first four chapters so people have time to catch up and enjoy the parts they haven't read!

HAVE FUN!

message 2: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (firefox979) | 40 comments Haha! The same thing happened to me. I took a break from reading nonstop on...Thursday I think, right when I was going to start this one. But since I'll probably be reading it straight through, I'll have to watch what I say when I do discuss it. I'll get on it, I swear! Haha (:

message 3: by J. (new)

J. Greene (j_greene) Alicia wrote: "Haha! The same thing happened to me. I took a break from reading nonstop on...Thursday I think, right when I was going to start this one. But since I'll probably be reading it straight through, I'l..."

Lol! Well no one else joined in so... LOL!

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Archila Ordóñez (karenarchila) | 5 comments I just finished! sorry, work almost drives me crazy this week. The beginning struck me, think knowing suicide was something hard for the start of the book, but what hooked me, I'm hating our first reasons and I must say I am almost as nervous Clay to know the following 11 Reasons so I return to the world of Hanna pre mortem. I hope to have better reviews in the next discussion. xoxo

message 5: by Kelsi (new)

Kelsi Martin | 19 comments I love this book already (despite the fact that the material is sad) I thought how wrote the recording in bold made what was being said all that more important and the fact that the picture of the map in the book isn't just for good looks, the author actually makes good use of it.

message 6: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (firefox979) | 40 comments Whew! Okay I started and finished the whole thing today so I'll have to wait until the final discussion to say my thoughts- and for other reasons too. I think my review and essay over it will sum everything up but in the meantime- my lips are sealed! (: Happy reading! Or should I say- hope you enjoy this book despite the dark subject!