Who's Your Author? discussion

Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter #6)
This topic is about Seize the Night
Archives 2015 > February 2015 BOM: Seize the Night

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments The BOM this month is Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dark-Hunter: an immortal warrior who has traded his soul to Artemis for one moment of vengeance on his enemies. In return, they swear to spend eternity protecting mankind from the daimons and vampires that prey on them. Valerius isn't a popular Dark-Hunter - he's a Roman, which means that the largely Greek Hunters have a major grudge against him and his civilization for superceding them. To make things worse, he's very conscious of his aristocratic background and breeding. So it serves him right when he runs into Tabitha Devereaux. She's sassy, sexy, and completely unwilling to take him seriously. (Not to mention Tabitha is also the sister-in-law of Kyrian, a former Dark-Hunter and Val's mortal enemy.) What Tabitha does take seriously is hunting and killing vampires-and soon she and Val have to grapple with the deadliest of all Daimons - one who's managed to come back from the dead, and one who holds a serious grudge against both of them. To win against evil, Val will have to loosen up, learn to trust, and put everything on the line to protect a man he hates and a woman who drives him nuts.

Leigh | 1145 comments Love the Dark Hunter series! I have read this one 3 times and loved it each time.

Leigh | 1145 comments Is this a new cover? I'm not a fan.

message 4: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments It has been a long time since I re-read this series, but I loved the older ones in some ways I think I prefer those to the new ones.

You know I am not sure but it was such a different take I thought I would post this one. Plus I do not get why the lady is on the cover.

Monie_11 | 4 comments Leigh wrote: "Is this a new cover? I'm not a fan."

I sooooo totally agree with you. I am not a fan of this cover. I like the old one.

message 6: by Leigh (last edited Feb 03, 2015 05:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leigh | 1145 comments Dawn wrote: "It has been a long time since I re-read this series, but I loved the older ones in some ways I think I prefer those to the new ones.

You know I am not sure but it was such a different take I thoug..."

I guess the lady is suppose to be Tabitha, but that's not how I picture her. She looks like she has red hair.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I wasn't sure how this book would be when I started it. Val was portrayed as such a bad guy I wasn't sure that I would be able to like him. I will admit that I thought this book was solidly ok until towards the end and all hell broke loose.

I really liked seeing Val's background, how it differed from what Kryian and Zarek thought happened. I think Archeron said it best, that there are 3 sides to every story, yours, theirs, and what happened, this statement is very true. Did Val do bad things, yes, can I understand why he did, yes, can I understand why the others hate him, yes, but the big question is do I like how all of this is playing out in the present for him. That would be a big fat NO. I found myself agreeing with Tabitha and loved that she took people to task for their actions towards Val. I loved that she got people to rethink how they treated him. I hated that Val thought he deserved, that may not be right, maybe more like he was resigned that this was his fate. He just kept accepting bucket after bucket of crap everyone tossed to him, braced for it, so that when kindness came to him he didn't know what to do.

I think that Tabitha is perfect for Val, she is so opposite and shakes up everything that is his world, which is just what he needs. I loved her yelling at him for bizarre things, the special pasta, his clothes, how he acts. Yet all the while she does this she does small things behind the scenes that shows she doesn't hate him, it is just the way that she expresses herself.

There was so much going on besides Tabitha and Val. Somethings made me laugh, Simi and Nick, some made me mad, Archeron, Nick, and Simi, and some made me gasp and cry out NO, Nick, his Mom, the Devereaux sisters and some of our favorite past characters. It was with these events that the book really kicked into high gear for me. I hated to stop listening and could hardly keep listening as one bad thing after another kept happening.

Being done with this book I am torn. Parts of me are happy, parts of me are weary, and parts are afraid for what comes next for our group. I am glad that I have the next book ready to go so I can learn what is up with them all.

Leigh | 1145 comments Great insight Darcy! Love Simi! Yes, the tragic events shape the rest of the books in the series. Words carry weight...can build up or tear down. It is so true in Acheron's case.

message 9: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Ok Darcy you made me officially want to re-read this book.

I ♥ Dark Hunters lol

message 10: by Darcy (last edited Feb 04, 2015 08:06PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I remember listening to this one, when the pivotal things happened with Nick I was getting ready for work. I hollered out "Noooo", then had to go back and re-listen to things, I was so stunned.

message 11: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments HAHAHA
I love when I get that engrossed in a book!

Lauren (laurenjberman) Val and Tabitha's book was one of my absolute favorites in the series. Rather than rewrite my thoughts, here is the review I wrote at the time - Seize the Night Review

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Seize the Night (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sherrilyn Kenyon (other topics)