Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 4745 comments Mod
Here's the February Monthly Challenge!!

Time Limit : 1st February, 2015 to 28th February, 2015

Levels:

Easy ~ 1-2 books
Medium ~ 3-6 books
Hard ~ more than 7 books

Themes/clues of the books:

- Thank a Mailman Day (February 4): This is your chance to say thanks to the guy, or gal, who delivers your mail. The reliable postal worker is always there doing their job, regardless of the weather.Read a book where letters(or mails) play an important role .

- Make a Friend Day (February 11): It is a great opportunity to meet someone new, or do something to make a new friend. Read a book where the character makes a new friend.

- Valentine's Day (February 14): It is a celebration of love and lovers. Read a romance novel, preferably one which is set near/during the Valentine’s day .

- Singles Awareness Day (February 15): It is for those who are unattached, and without a significant other. Read a book where the protagonist is single in the beginning or has recently become single.

- Chinese New Year (February 19): It's the year of the Horse, Chinese Zodiac animal figures. It is a Yang (Positive) year. The date of Chinese New Years changes every year. It is a 15 day celebration, beginning on the first day of the new moon, and ends on the full moon. The celebration on the15th day is called the Chinese Lantern Festival. Read a book set in China or with a Chinese protagonist.

- International World Thinking Day (February 22): Just think about it! Today is a day to ponder and contemplate. Read a book that you’ve been considering to read for a while.

- Tell a Fairy Tale Day (February 26): This is a day that Fairy Tales are made of (and for). Read a fairy tale or its retelling.

- Floral Design Day (February 28): It is the perfect day to appreciate and create floral arrangements. Read a book with flowers on its cover.

message 2: by Ipshita (last edited Feb 14, 2015 09:31PM) (new)

Mandy
Bhuvan
Kritika

message 3: by Mandy. (new)

Mandy. (somosloquesomos) | 29 comments Reserved!

message 4: by Ipshita (new)

Welcome to the challenge, Mandy :)

message 5: by Bhuvan (new)

Bhuvan hi... I would like to go with the challenge !! ;)

message 6: by Mandy. (new)

Mandy. (somosloquesomos) | 29 comments Ipshita wrote: "Welcome to the challenge, Mandy :)"

Thank you!! (;

message 7: by Mandy. (new)

Mandy. (somosloquesomos) | 29 comments Got a doubt going on my mind, btw xd. Could Anne Frank's Diary count at the Mailman Day? Or should it strictly be letters and mails...?

message 8: by Ipshita (new)

Welcome to the challenge, Bhuvan :)

message 9: by Ipshita (new)

Mandy wrote: "Got a doubt going on my mind, btw xd. Could Anne Frank's Diary count at the Mailman Day? Or should it strictly be letters and mails...?"

I don't remember there being any exchange of letters in that book. There has to be at least one exchange of letter, or even the mention of a letter that plays an important in the story is acceptable.

message 10: by Mandy. (new)

Mandy. (somosloquesomos) | 29 comments Ipshita wrote: "Mandy wrote: "Got a doubt going on my mind, btw xd. Could Anne Frank's Diary count at the Mailman Day? Or should it strictly be letters and mails...?"

I don't remember there being any exchange of..."

Oh! Okay, I'll find another, thanks! (;

message 11: by Mandy. (last edited Feb 18, 2015 07:53PM) (new)

Mandy. (somosloquesomos) | 29 comments Level:Medium.

PROGRESS: 3/3-6.

Thank a Mailman Day:

Make a Friend Day: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes READ ON 07.02.15.

Single Awareness Day:

Chinese New Year:

International World Thinking Day: The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan READ ON 16.02.15.

Floral Design Day: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez READ ON 19.02.15.

message 12: by Ipshita (new)

I remember My Dearest Enemy, Love Letters to the Dead, Goodnight Tweetheart(DMs) and To Sir Phillip, With Love have letters in them, Mandy.

message 13: by Kritika (new)

Kritika | 363 comments Sign me up

message 14: by Ipshita (new)

Added you, Kriti :)