DC comic readers!! discussion

Movies > Man of Steel

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jawairia (new)

Jawairia | 591 comments Mod
Okay guys,this movie was pretty epic.And why the heck does it have 7 stars?Anyways i think everything was on point.The fight scenes and the actors who played the characters were great to.Cant wait to see the sequel which will also be starring batman and wonder woman!!

message 2: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Yeah it was awesome. I also enjoyed superman returns but i dont understand why that ones "bad". It also wierd seeing brandon routh being another dc superhero

message 3: by Jawairia (new)

Yeah but i haven't seen superman returns. Lol for some reason i might think its sounds cheesy from the really really bad effects only if they made it now...I think he does better as the atom though thats just what i think

message 4: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments There arent any bad effects. The movie is 9 years old. Its pretty good. U should watch it

message 5: by Jawairia (new)

Yeah ill add it to the movies i have to watch.But i remember when i was little and heard of it.I thought this stuff is for boys.But look where i ended up......

message 6: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments LIl

message 7: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Lol*

message 8: by Jawairia (new)

Yeah.But in the man of steel movie in the end did lois know it was clark??

message 9: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments YEP

message 10: by Jawairia (new)

WHAT!!NO i dont think so or maybe.REALLY LIKE HOW???EXPLAIN

message 11: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments THEY LOOKED AT EACH OTHER AND SHE KNEW

message 12: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Shes not that dunb in this version

message 13: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Also she saw him in his dads graveyard

message 14: by Jawairia (new)

:o

message 15: by Jawairia (new)

I find this a little funny people.I mean look at this movie named "Man of steel" this movie is all about where he came from im not complaining i love this movie alot.But here in the next movie you have batman going against him and the whole justice league coming in the movie to.So that means if everyone starts there origin in that movie its gonna be around 6 hours long.But if the heroes all ready had there origins built why didnt they save smallville?Afterall i do hope they figure it out....

message 16: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Like i said in the dawn of justice panel, the avengers universe is a good example. They had all the different movies and when avengers started, all they had to do was bring them together

message 17: by Jawairia (new)

To be honest,i have never agreed WITH ANYTHING from marvel.But i have a small feeling that what of the DC cinemetic universe is turning like theres?And i think in the movie there fight doomsday.Have you seen the infinite crisis trailer?

message 18: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments No put the link here

message 20: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Well it looks cool but i thought it wpuld be another injustice type game. Kind of dissapointed

message 21: by Jawairia (new)

Yeah!Injustice would've been more.......cool.Maybe next time.

message 22: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments They better make another injustice AND HAVE MORE CHARACTERSS

message 23: by Jawairia (new)

yeah agreed

message 24: by inactive account (new)

inactive account (supernerdgavin) | 142 comments This movie was ehh... I liked it but it was definitely not a good movie.

message 25: by Jawairia (new)

But what if in the justice league movie it starts off with something like this....

message 26: by Jawairia (new)

Sorry for it being so huge lol

message 27: by Jawairia (new)

But yet again this can be impossible just a thought

message 28: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Lol would be awesome

message 29: by Jawairia (new)

i know right in our dreams maybe

message 30: by Jawairia (new)

Its such an awesome panel though...It SHOULD ALWAYS BE LIKE THIS

message 31: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Batmans smile at the end tho

message 32: by Jawairia (last edited Apr 01, 2015 07:38PM) (new)

ikr dang if it only could be like this.Just a quick question do you like superman and wonder woman as a couple?

message 33: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments I mean it is cool that hes going out with a member of the league, but for me, lois and superman are the classic couple

message 34: by Jawairia (new)

Someone agrees welcome to the club.I mean thats one of the things i will hate DC for

message 35: by inactive account (new)

inactive account (supernerdgavin) | 142 comments Man of steel's first half was okay but then him destroying the city and killing millions of was terrible

message 36: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Renolds | 15 comments When you have Superman going through buildings and mountains, that's what a Superman movies should be like. And thank god it wasn't Lex Luthor or another story about getting more land. I enjoyed the Bryan Singer movie, but this one made me never want to watch that one again.

message 37: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments True

message 38: by inactive account (new)

inactive account (supernerdgavin) | 142 comments Yeah Man of steel was so bad it ruined other movies.
Also, Superman doesn't crash through buildings unless he absolutely has to. Superman hates destroying buildings even if the city is empty because he knows how much that will affect the lifes of people.
Superman isn't about destroying buildings. It's about making sure the buildings don't hey destroyed.
Man of steel killed millions of people and Superman didn't try to save the people of metropolis at all.
And don't you dare try to say that we don't know if they died.
It has been confirmed millions died.
That is the plot of Batman V superman!

message 39: by Jawairia (new)

Super Nerd Gavin wrote: "Yeah Man of steel was so bad it ruined other movies.
Also, Superman doesn't crash through buildings unless he absolutely has to. Superman hates destroying buildings even if the city is empty becau..."

Heyyyyy, i guess i came back to this group to specify people like you mate.
First of all let us not start any arguments over this movie mmm kay?Second the basic thing about this movie is saving the world is not easy AT ALL. Clark had no other choice you cannot expect two people fighting while they are flying to not crash into any buildings.this movie gives actual realistic ideas of what it would look like if aliens actually existed. Yeah millions were killed yet billions were saved. And yet Clark still turned himself in to the FBI to cause no danger.Yeah comic canon Clark hates killing people yet when the world is at risks you cant expect people to be all safe.And by the way this is the plot if you havent seen the trailer yet batman does see superman as a threat

message 40: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Renolds | 15 comments Babs✌ wrote: "Super Nerd Gavin wrote: "Yeah Man of steel was so bad it ruined other movies.
Also, Superman doesn't crash through buildings unless he absolutely has to. Superman hates destroying buildings even i..."

Not to forget, it is a movie and is something for viewers, not readers. As we all know if there are not explosions or people dying then they don't want to see it. Look at the first Hulk movie, too much drama, couldn't have that with the Superman movie, sorry but Bryan Singer's version just plain sucked, but Man of Steel finally showed the viewer what the comics and cartoons show. I love comics, but was never into the Superman family, thanks to Zack Snyder's movie, I am more interested in him than ever.

message 41: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Ok so i loved the movie and i thought it was a great start for the dc cinematic universe or whatever theyre calling it. And i dont get why people blame superman for all the destruction. It was zods ship that destroyed all the buildings and zod was pushing superman around too much that they destoryed lots and lots of buildings. And superman must have gotten sick of people dying by the hands of zod that he had to stop him. Hes probably killed more people that joker!

message 42: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Renolds | 15 comments Timur wrote: "Ok so i loved the movie and i thought it was a great start for the dc cinematic universe or whatever theyre calling it. And i dont get why people blame superman for all the destruction. It was zods..."

Well said, how can Superman stop people who are just like him and also there are more of them. As much as he would do all he could to save everyone, the other Kriptonians out number him so he can't save everyone.

message 43: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments It was his first try. He literally started flying after he got his suit.