1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up discussion

Good Night, Alfie Atkins
This topic is about Good Night, Alfie Atkins
Monthly Book Club > February 2015: Good Night, Alfie Atkins

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany, Former moderator, current lurker (new)

Tiffany | 213 comments Mod
Hello, and welcome (almost) to a new month!

This month's picture book up for discussion is Good Night, Alfie Atkins by Gunilla Bergström.

If you'd like to chat about the book, please do so here. You don't need to have read this specific edition to take part in the discussion.

Happy reading!

message 2: by Stephanie, Active moderator (new)

Stephanie (teff1979) | 173 comments Mod
Mine just came in I will be reading it tonight!

message 3: by DK (new) - rated it 3 stars

DK Simoneau (dksimoneau) If you’ve ever had the kiddo that just cannot seem to settle in for the night and go to bed, this is your book! Alfie comes up with one needy request after another until Daddy finally passes out on the living room floor. Alfie does then realize that maybe Daddy can’t help him out any more. I have to admit that I had to hunt and look for the copyright date on this book after seeing the illustrations. Daddy is smoking a pipe, which is probably not the best thing to see in a kids’ book today. But, having had my own Daddy who smoked a pipe, I guess it didn’t bother me. The illustrations were simple, and overall it makes for a nice bedtime story, especially for the kids who might not like to go to bed!

message 4: by Cataluna6 (new)

Cataluna6 | 128 comments I wasn't able to locate a copy to borrow, were you able to borrow it? I didn't want to buy a copy without having read it first.

message 5: by Stephanie, Active moderator (new)

I had it inter library loaned

message 6: by Stephanie, Active moderator (new)

Cataluna6 wrote: "I wasn't able to locate a copy to borrow, were you able to borrow it? I didn't want to buy a copy without having read it first."

Maybe you can just go to B and N and see if they have it and sit there and read it?

message 7: by Cataluna6 (new)

Cataluna6 | 128 comments Stephanie wrote: "Cataluna6 wrote: "I wasn't able to locate a copy to borrow, were you able to borrow it? I didn't want to buy a copy without having read it first."

Maybe you can just go to B and N and see if they..."

We don't have B&N in Australia and it was't at my local book store. I might check out some of the interstate public libraries and see if they have it.

1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Good Night, Alfie Atkins (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Gunilla Bergström (other topics)