Provoked (Enlightenment, #1) Provoked discussion

BR Enlightenment Trilogy Irina, Maya, Therese and Sofia 30th Jan 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sofia Starting girls.

Sofia 23% Solitary pleasures.

Maya Made it to 65% last night.

Some of the things Murdo says make me cringe a little bit but I'm still enjoying it :D

Therese Im also enjoying it:-). I feared it would be too much like M/F historical, but dont have any real complaints. Of course, the whole (view spoiler) feels a bit unoriginal, but whatever:-). I like the story so far, simple but intriguing!

Irina Falling behind, ladies. Haven't done any more reading last night. Going to carry on now.

Sofia Maya wrote: "Made it to 65% last night.

Some of the things Murdo says make me cringe a little bit but I'm still enjoying it :D"

at 40% and Murdo has been unworthy. He merits smacking for sure.

Sofia I think you are at 70% Therese. Will open your spoiler later.
Ira - don't open(view spoiler)

Irina Sofia wrote: "I think you are at 70% Therese. Will open your spoiler later.
Ira - don't open[spoilers removed]"

Pffft! I guessed it at 20%. No worries :)

Sofia Nothing will keep you away from a spoiler, will it Ira :P

message 10: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya Irina wrote: "Sofia wrote: "I think you are at 70% Therese. Will open your spoiler later.
Ira - don't open[spoilers removed]"

Pffft! I guessed it at 20%. No worries :)"

Mhm, JC certainly makes us think that.

Sofia aha Maya knows more....

Therese Mhmmm..

Sofia 52% M sounds jealous.

message 14: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya Sofia wrote: "52% M sounds jealous."

He was definitely jealous, couldn't hide it because it surprised him.

Therese mmm, I love jealous men:-). I wish I had Murdo's POV as well, but I think the author does a good job portraying Ms feelings and reactions through David's POV, so I guess it's all good.
I kind of like Euan, he is very good for showing what a kind and helpful person David is.

message 16: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya Girls, I'm done and I posted a short review (with a hidden spoiler).

I'm thinking of starting the second book:)

message 17: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya Therese wrote: "mmm, I love jealous men:-). I wish I had Murdo's POV as well, but I think the author does a good job portraying Ms feelings and reactions through David's POV, so I guess it's all good.
I kind of l..."

There's a free short story in Murdo's POV. Maybe there will be more of his voice in the next books. I haven't read any review to avoid spoilers.

Therese Maya wrote: "Girls, I'm done and I posted a short review (with a hidden spoiler).

I'm thinking of starting the second book:)"

Ok, since Maya has done it, I can post my review as well:-). Need to go on to book 2 as well....
(luckily I have also that one on my kindle since almost a year...). I am so happy I started reading this with you guys!

Sofia are you doing 1.5 before 2?

Am going to finish 1 today (I'm alternatig reading a chapter and doing some work)

We are getting a good view of David through his interactions with the others. He is pragmatic and idealistic at the same time.

message 20: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya I'll read 1.5 after 2.

As far as I understand from the blurb it takes place at the same time as book 2.

Therese I will also wait with 1.5, it seems like it was published after book 2, so I rather read them in that order...

Therese Sofia wrote: "Am going to finish 1 today (I'm alternatig reading a chapter and doing some work)

We are getting a good view of David through his interactions with the others. He is pragmatic and idealistic at the same time. ..."

Oh, you have to do work today?? Poor you, I have just chilled out and been out a bit:-). The book is really a quick read, I thought it was like 100 pages, but it was actually 200!

Totally agree with the portrayal of David. He is shown to be a very likable character, despite his struggles with himself.

Will you go on as well with book 2 after you've finished?

Sofia I got the time to read 2 so I can. Maya are you still contemplating between 2 and The Silvers? Ira we will have to see when she logs on.

message 24: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya I'll start book 2 since you girls are interested as much as I am. Yay!

Going out to do some shopping and dinner after, so I'll only be able to start in about 3 hours.

Sofia 88% clashing of heads and life ideologies.

Therese Sofia wrote: "88% clashing of heads and life ideologies."

I loved that discussion...They are quite each others opposites in regards to EVERYTHING....

Sofia yay for NON INSTANT LOVE

message 28: by Therese (last edited Jan 31, 2015 11:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Therese Sofia wrote: "yay for NON INSTANT LOVE"

yes, at least from David's side... Murdo, hmm, maybe it's more insta-lust from his side? But I guess the choice of man-flesh "on your own level" was not plenty in those days, so I can accept that (and in this case, it is hot rather than weird, imo). You got to grab it while you can!

Sofia with the kind of thoughts, life and possibilities they had yes to grab it while you can.

message 30: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya Sofia wrote: "88% clashing of heads and life ideologies."

One of the best scenes in the book, IMO.

message 31: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya I felt that Murdo had stronger feelings than just physical attraction and that's why he was so angry in that scene, not only because of what David did (view spoiler).

Sofia Finished at 92%

Agree that's why he is so angry.(view spoiler)

Irina Girls, not reading your comments. Apart from that one spoiler, I want to read it blind. Whoever finished and wants to to carry on with the series, I'm joining you when I'm done.

Irina Girls! GIRLS! I just finished book one and then went right for 1.5. I think it's better read before the second book (I've already started Beguiled but after 10% put aside to read this short Murdo's POV). It was worth it :D

Sofia 34% allowing themselves a taste.

I just thought I'll read a little bit but it drew me in Wed by e of.

I'll take a look at that short.

message 36: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya ok, will check the shorty :)

At 40% in the second book - Davy made a good impression in front of the King. It was fun to read but I wish things moved a little bit faster now.

Therese I got stuck reading too, now I really need to eat breakfast! I like it so far, its definitely a bit slower, as Maya wrote, but it is hard with sequels that way. The "getting together" has already been done (of course, in this case, its debatable). I like it though, and I love the setting, since I always was interested in scotland and the risings.

Sofia Yes once we get a bit, we want the whole hog, so we get impatient and want things to move along.

Am at 43%, stopping to read the short.

Sofia The short is in M 's POV. Liked that. There were two characters I want to know more f.

54% D&E up to their tricks again.

message 40: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya Sofia wrote: "The short is in M 's POV. Liked that. There were two characters I want to know more f.

54% D&E up to their tricks again."

Very nice this short story. One of the reviews says there will be a book about the 2 characters in question :)

Yes, D&E - always saving the world :D

Irina Maya wrote: "Sofia wrote: "The short is in M 's POV. Liked that. There were two characters I want to know more f.

54% D&E up to their tricks again."

Very nice this short story. One of the reviews says there ..."

That's nice to hear about those other characters getting their own book. I'll be reading that. Haven't gone any further though - was out all day. I'll try to catch up with you, ladies.

Sofia Good news that Maya.

Went to the gardening centre today and the sun was shining. Now I'm feeling it's effect on my face. Will curl up and continue this. At the moment am at 71% and they are taking a sleeping break :)

Irina Sofia wrote: "Good news that Maya.

Went to the gardening centre today and the sun was shining. Now I'm feeling it's effect on my face. Will curl up and continue this. At the moment am at 71% and they are taking..."

As always, I envy your sunshine. I was so cold today, I used every opportunity and excuse to get somewhere indoors just to warm up.

Sofia It's cold tonight. Got the heater on but it needs to heat more. :)

message 45: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya We are having very strong warm winds here. Had to go somewhere nearby today and instead of walking I had to drive, it's very annoying, things are flying everywhere :/

Sofia Wind makes me anxious, especially winds like that.

Therese Austria also had a very nice day, with some actual sun!! But ice cold of course, well, can't get everything I guess.

I liked the short story, but it felt mostly like a set up for the Sinclair James story (which I'm happy to hear will actually happen:-)).
I would have wished for Murdo's POV when he was meeting David again...
Im kind of happy I read 1.5 after book 2, if I would have known about Murdo's engagement, I'm not sure I would have been very happy with him:-)

Irina Therese wrote: "Austria also had a very nice day, with some actual sun!! But ice cold of course, well, can't get everything I guess.

I liked the short story, but it felt mostly like a set up for the Sinclair Jam..."

Aha, now I'm going into book 2 with this extra knowledge.

Sofia 83% tangled matters

message 50: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya Loved the final chapters of book 2. Intense and emotional.

I'm so happy we are reading these books, girls. I didn't expect to enjoy them so much :D

« previous 1