Broadway Book Club discussion

Favorite Broadway Shows

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Edwards | 14 comments Hey! So what's everyone's favorite shows? I really really like Pippin and Newsies, as well as Les Mis because it's a classic and it's just really good

message 2: by Grace (new)

Grace (graceisinspace) | 20 comments Mod
Thanks for starting this thread! I have an obsession with Idina Menzel, so I love Wicked, Rent, If/Then and her other shows. I also love Matilda and Heathers.

There are still so many shows I need to see!

message 3: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Edwards | 14 comments OH MY GOD I GOT TO MEET IDINA MENZEL! I went to New York this summer and saw If/Then and waited after at stage door and got her signature! She was absolutely amazing :D

message 4: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Edwards | 14 comments Also if you're looking for some other good shows to check out, I'd recommend Next to Normal, Bonnie and Clyde, Kinky Boots, and The Book of Mormon :)

message 5: by Grace (new)

I love The Book of Mormon!!!

And I'm SO jealous that you got to meet her!!!!!!! I also saw If/Then this summer. I was there when James Snyder did his Ice Bucket Challenge. :)

message 6: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Edwards | 14 comments OH MY GOD THATS SO CRAZY. Did he do it out in the walkway they set up leading out of stage door?

message 7: by Grace (new)

Yeah he did it right there!

You can watch the video here :) {i'm in it}

message 8: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Edwards | 14 comments That's insane! Imma go watch it right now!

message 9: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Edwards | 14 comments That's insane! Imma go watch it right now!

message 10: by Devin (new)

Devin | 4 comments I've seen Wicked and Newsies touring, and Matilda on Broadway. But I've watched a lot of musicals on youtube. And I'm in my 22nd play now :)

message 11: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Edwards | 14 comments Oh my gosh I saw the tour of newsies too! It was really good, what did you think of Crutchies solo?

message 12: by Devin (new)

Devin | 4 comments I absolutely loved it. I cried.

message 13: by Grace (new)

Welcome to the group, Devin!

message 14: by Grace (new)

I'm watching a bootleg for The Book of Mormon right now and I'm dying laughing

message 15: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie I've seen way too many shows. my top 5 is probably Les Miserables, Lion King, Aladdin, Wicked and Rent with an honorable mention for Phantom because how can you not.

Aladdin is the first show I've actually seen in New York and I loved it SO MUCH. So many colors and the dance sequences were incredible. We saw it two nights before James Monroe Iglehart won the Tony for Best Featured Actor <3 he's phenomenal. and I met Jonathan Freeman! Jafar has been my favorite Disney villain because of him since I was three years old :D

message 16: by Devin (new)

Devin | 4 comments I absolutely LOVE Ramin Karimloo

message 17: by Devin (new)

Devin | 4 comments I'm kind of obsessed

message 18: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Devin wrote: "I've seen Wicked and Newsies touring, and Matilda on Broadway. But I've watched a lot of musicals on youtube. And I'm in my 22nd play now :)"

Newsies came through here last summer and I missed it, and then when I went to NYC they were closing but we were already seeing Aladdin so that was a no go too. I do love the soundtrack though. And Matilda looks like it would be a great show! I loved their Tony performance.

message 19: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie I've seen Beauty & the Beast, Lion King, West Side Story, Phantom (x2), Les Miserables, Cats, Wicked (x2), RENT, American Idiot, Million Dollar Quartet, STOMP, Aladdin... I think that's it.

High school and college productions I've seen or been a part of include Oklahoma, Aida, Spitfire Grill, Anything Goes, Godspell, Sound of Music, and Thoroughly Modern Millie.

I try to see a show once a year anymore, but sometimes it doesn't happen. I'm hoping to see RAIN when its tour comes around this summer.

message 20: by Grace (last edited Mar 02, 2015 12:29PM) (new)

Touring, I've seen Annie, The Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins (x2), and Wicked.

On Broadway, I've seen If/Then.

Shows I've been in include Red Writing Hood; Penelope, Pride of the Pickle Factory; Seussical the Musical; Aladdin; Disney on Stage; and Godspell.

message 21: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie One of my friends just saw If/Then and loved it!

message 22: by Amy (last edited Aug 15, 2015 11:40PM) (new)

Amy The Phantom of the Opera, Wicked, Next to Normal, and Les Miz.

message 23: by Grace (new)

I recently saw Next to Normal and now I'm completely obsessed with it