The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > ~Foreman Paris - A Month of Holidays

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments

Pick one holiday and read as many books as you can that fit that or read one book for each holiday listed. Whatever you want to do. Just pick a level and start reading. Re-reads are allowed.

Level of Holiday Love:
1-3 books: Give or Take
4-6 books: Casual
7+ books: Freak

American Heart Month: Read a book with a heart on the cover or in the title of the book.
An Affair to Remember Month: Read a book where someone has an affair
Black History Month: Read a book with an African American character
Canned Food Month: Read a book that has someone eating or taking about canned food in it.
Creative Romance Month: - Read a book where the characters are creatively romantic.
Great American Pie Month: - Read a book where the characters eat or make pie!
National Cherry Month: - Read a book that has cherries mentioned in it or on the cover.
National Children’s Dental Health Month: - Read a book with kids in it…bonus points if one of the kids is teething or loses a tooth.
National Grapefruit Month: - Read a book with a grapefruit in it or on the cover. Grapefruit juice does count.
National Weddings Month: - Read a book with a wedding in it.

message 2: by Lanelle, Production Chief (last edited Feb 25, 2015 05:28PM) (new)

Lanelle | 13040 comments Mod
I'm in. My reading will focus on National Children's Dental Health Month.
level: casual

1. Glimmer of Hope 2/8/15 **** (Mary is 3, Henry an infant)
2. There's a New Sheriff in Town 2/10/15 **** (Ben is 4, Mikey is 2)
3. Don't Hex with Texas ("Lucy was teething...") bonus points
4. Just a Memory 2/4/15 *** (Terri is 7)
5. Fairchild 2/1/15 *** (Laurence is 2, William an infant)
6. A Lady's Point of View 2/2/15 *** (Vanessa is 7, Tom is 5)
7. Stealing Jake 2/3/15 *** (Mary and Livy run an orphanage; lots of kids)
8. Moonlight Wish 2/9/15 *** (Anne is 3, Gregory is 18 months)
9. Bubba and the 12 Deadly Days of Christmas 2/10/15 *** (Brownie is 10)
10. Ice 2/12/15 *** (Sam is 7)
11. Magic Unbound 2/13/15 *** (Bobby is 10)

Interesting quote from A Lady's Point of View: "...how changeable [children] could be - friends one moment, fierce enemies the next, and whimpering babies an instant later."

message 3: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Feb 27, 2015 07:45AM) (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4389 comments Mod
I'll try this one!

~Foreman Paris - A Month of Holidays~
Level: Casual or Freak
Read: 7/7

1. American Heart Month:
Read a book with a heart on the cover or in the title of the book: Reckless Heart by Amy Clipston-2/27/15
2. An Affair to Remember Month: Read a book where someone has an affair: A Man of His Word by Kathleen Fuller-2/1/15
3. Canned Food Month: Read a book that has someone eating or taking about canned food in it: The Kissing Bridge by Tricia Goyer-2/25/15
4. Creative Romance Month: Read a book where the characters are creatively romantic: Cinder & Ella by Kelly Oram-2/3/15
5. Great American Pie Month: Read a book where the characters eat or make pie!: Hold on My Heart by Tracy Brogan-2/8/15
6. National Children’s Dental Health Month: Read a book with kids in it…bonus points if one of the kids is teething or loses a tooth.: Cards & Caravans by Cindy Spencer Pape-2/20/15
7. National Weddings Month: Read a book with a wedding in it: His Forever Valentine by Kit Morgan-2/8/15

message 4: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments ~Foreman Paris - A Month of Holidays~
Level: Give or Take
Read: 0/ 1-3

7. National Weddings Month: It Happened One Wedding

message 5: by Ora (last edited Feb 20, 2015 07:24PM) (new)

Ora (oeamis) Level 2

American Heart Month: Chocolate Kisses Judith Arnold 02/20
An Affair to Remember Month: Savor Monica Murphy 02/08
Black History Month: Not Quite a Wife Mary Jo Putney 02/11
Canned Food Month: Impulse Control Amanda Usen 02/18
Creative Romance Month: Love, Chocolate, and Beer Violet Duke 02/19
National Cherry Month: - Read a book that has cherries mentioned in it or on the cover.
National Children’s Dental Health Month:
The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy Julia Quinn 02/02
Quarterback Draw Jaci Burton 02/06
Fated Rebecca Zanetti 02/10
National Grapefruit Month: - Read a book with a grapefruit in it or on the cover. Grapefruit juice does count.
National Weddings Month:
Tempting the Bodyguard J. Lynn 02/01
Chocolate Kisses by Judith Arnold Not Quite a Wife (Lost Lords, #6) by Mary Jo Putney Impulse Control (Men of the Zodiac, #1) by Amanda Usen Love, Chocolate, and Beer (Cactus Creek, #1) by Violet Duke Savor (Billionaire Bachelors Club, #3) by Monica Murphy The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #4) by Julia Quinn Quarterback Draw (Play by Play, #9) by Jaci Burton Fated (Dark Protectors, #1) by Rebecca Zanetti Tempting the Bodyguard (Gamble Brothers, #3) by J. Lynn

message 6: by Book Concierge (last edited Feb 28, 2015 07:33PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2338 comments Holiday Party - February 2015
Begins: 01Feb15 / Ends: 28Feb15

Level of Holiday Love: 4-6 books: Casual

8/6 completed

American Heart Month: Read a book with a heart on the cover or in the title of the book.

An Affair to Remember Month: Read a book where someone has an affair - (view spoiler) in The Camel Bookmobile ✔ – 04Feb15

Black History Month: Read a book with an African American character - Josephine in The House Girl ✔ – 2 Feb 15

Canned Food Month: Read a book that has someone eating or taking about canned food in it. - ANNA eats right out of the can in Firestorm ✔ – 07 Feb 15

Creative Romance Month: - Read a book where the characters are creatively romantic. - The New Yorkers ✔ – 13 Feb 15

Great American Pie Month: - Read a book where the characters eat or make pie! -
The Little Giant of Aberdeen County ✔ - 18Feb15

National Children’s Dental Health Month: - Read a book with kids in it - The Phantom Tollbooth ✔ – 14 Feb 15

National Grapefruit Month: - Read a book with a grapefruit in it - State of Wonder ✔ – 27 Feb 15 - pg 178 "We gave her grapefruit at Christmas."

National Weddings Month: - Read a book with a wedding in it - Anne of the Island ✔ – 10 Feb 15

message 7: by Suzanne (last edited Feb 23, 2015 01:38PM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1415 comments The Challenge Factory
~Foreman Paris - A Month of Holidays
Duration:
2/1/2015 - 2/28/2015

Progress: 3 out of 3 (Give or Take)

Level of Holiday Love:

Pick one holiday and read as many books as you can that fit that or read one book for each holiday listed. Whatever you want to do. Just pick a level and start reading. Re-reads are allowed.

Canned Food Month: Read a book that has someone eating or taking about canned food in it.

Creative Romance Month: Read a book where the characters are creatively romantic:
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - **** - 2/22/2015

Great American Pie Month: Read a book where the characters eat or make pie!
Jemima J by Jane Green - ***** - 2/18/2015 - 373 Pages - Characters Eat

National Children’s Dental Health Month: Read a book with kids in it…bonus points if one of the kids is teething or loses a tooth:
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - ***** - 2/1/2015 - 835 Pages - Kids in it

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin Jemima J. by Jane Green The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

message 8: by Jonquil (new)

Jonquil | 693 comments Kids, but I'm not counting on teething

8/7

1 kids Viper Game 2/11
2 kids Anni Moon & The Elemental Artifact 2/18
3 kids Miramont's Ghost 2/18
4 kids Dipped, Stripped, and Dead 2/18
5 kids Infinity Ring Secrets #6: Up in Flames 2/17
6 kids The Girl from Felony Bay 2/15
7 kids Sex and the Psychic Witch 2/14
8 kids An Offer He Can't Refuse 2/1

message 9: by Alana (new)

Alana (alockley) I will try to read one book for each holiday listed.

Level of Holiday Love: 4-6 books: Casual

An Affair to Remember Month: The Mystery of the Blue Train 2/20/15
Creative Romance Month: - Read a book where the characters are creatively romantic.
National Children’s Dental Health Month: - Read a book with kids in it…bonus points if one of the kids is teething or loses a tooth.

message 10: by Paris (last edited Mar 01, 2015 04:13PM) (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Foreman Paris - A Month of Holidays
Duration: 2/1/15-2/28/15
Level: Casual
Completed: 5/5

An Affair to Remember Month: Tempting Her Fake Fiance by Julie Particka - ♥♥♥♥ - 2/17/15
Creative Romance Month: - Just For the Summer by Jenna Rutland (Lake Bliss) - ♥♥♥♥♥ - 2/4/15
Great American Pie Month: - Private Practice by Samanthe Beck (Private Pleasures) - ♥♥♥♥ - 2/15/15
National Children’s Dental Health Month: - Shame on You by Tara Sivec (Fool Me Once) - ♥♥♥♥♥ - 2/8/15
National Grapefruit Month: - Play Me 1: Play Me Wild by Tracy Wolff - ♥♥♥ - 2/3/15

message 11: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1415 comments Done!

Progress: 3 out of 3 (Give or Take)

Level of Holiday Love:

Creative Romance Month: Read a book where the characters are creatively romantic:
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - **** - 2/22/2015

Great American Pie Month: Read a book where the characters eat or make pie!
Jemima J by Jane Green - ***** - 2/18/2015 - 373 Pages - Characters Eat

National Children’s Dental Health Month: Read a book with kids in it…bonus points if one of the kids is teething or loses a tooth:
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - ***** - 2/1/2015 - 835 Pages - Kids in it

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin Jemima J. by Jane Green The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

message 12: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2338 comments Well I aimed for Casual and wound up completed 8 of the tasks!

message 13: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Well I aimed for Casual and wound up completed 8 of the tasks!"

Nicely done BC!!

message 14: by Joeera (new)

Joeera | 240 comments Can i still do this challange

message 15: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4389 comments Mod
Joeera wrote: "Can i still do this challange"

This is one of the monthly challenges that came out for the month of February. It may be archived sometime this month, seeing as how it has become March now, but I don't see why you couldn't make a run of it.

If you're interested, the foreman challenges for this month are: here and here.

message 16: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Joeera, this is a monthly challenge, but we usually through them in the archive section eventually, so they are still available to do if you'd like.

Since I was preparing for my vacation and then on vacation, I didn't have a chance to come up with a March foreman challenge,